Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comp Pick Projection
(05-15-2021, 11:11 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So looking back, you think the ZT hiring was an awesome job by the FO. Hmmm......

How has team done since the Bengals all time HC  leader in wins left?

The ML hate is over the top still by some even when the facts say in comparison to the new guy, he is a HOF coach.

I loved Marvin Lewis I just want a minority compensation pick. Reward a team that actually did what the league has been wanting teams to do for a long time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 12:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 2022 4th round pick < Having signed another legitimate high quality starting OL in FA for 2021

True. But still getting one pretty high pick after adding a bunch of quality young veterans to our secondary, landing the guy who was second in sacks in the league, and the 2nd best OT available behind only the highest paid tackle in the league is some damn fine maneuvering.

Makes me want to give Tobin props.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 08:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Point proven in one post that you just come in, post zero facts and all opinion about a player, I use facts to prove otherwise, and you go smug? If you say so, man.

Ryan Finley won QB of the week at the Senior Bowl. It was in Jim Nagy's tweets but it's a few years back.

This is a solid breakdown of the week though.

Quote:Ryan Finley, QB, N.C. State: Finley was probably the most consistent and effective of the quarterbacks today. He had a really good game, and was solid in practice during the week. He was accurate, poised and made good decisions.

Now, he doesn't have a huge arm, but teams that have met with him here in Mobile have really liked him. Given how precise he was and how quickly he was working through progressions, I thought Finley had the cleanest game of the Senior Bowl passers. -- Daniel Jeremiah
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 12:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Lmao aaannd the Andy Dalton bashing from pdub lol

Feel free to tell me where I'm wrong or why bringing up Andy Dalton when discussing the roster ZT inherited didn't fit into my reply to the post I quoted.

Is it bashing if it's true? Or, is it more like the truth hurts feelings and, therefore, people just don't like to see it?
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 04:34 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 4th rounders under Zac Taylor:

Ryan Finley 
Renell Wren
Michael Jordan
Akeem Davis-Gaither
(Plus the 3 this year.)

They're certainly going for saturation. 3 drafts under Taylor, 7 guys taken in the 4th round.

(05-15-2021, 05:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I do like the ADG pick and the picks this year. The Finley and Jordan picks were shit though, jury still out on Wren.

(05-15-2021, 06:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Finley pick still blows my mind. Not just a 4th round pick, but they also gave up two 6th round picks to move up and get him on top of that. Did nobody from the Bengals ever watch him throw before they drafted him? His arm is clearly not an NFL caliber arm, and his NFL rookie year was his age 25 year, so it's not like he was 20-21 and could potentially grow into a stronger arm. 

Not sure how much stock you put in PFF, but ADG had a 40.7 rating last year. Granted I don't know if the kid's getting a fair shake since Anarumo is his DC.

(05-15-2021, 06:57 PM)Synric Wrote: I know you're a google scout but Ryan Finley upped his draft stock during his process. He was the best QB during the senior bowl which included Giants first round pick Daniel Jones.

ADG started rough which is expected considering he wasnt a traditional LB in college and didnt have a real offseason. Year 2 and 3 will be big for him in the Pros.

Edit: Renell Wren is still a mystery. He has the talent, build, athleticism of a top NFL player. That is a guy I'm hoping can take his game to the next level in year 3.

Fun fact: Most teams miss on 4th round picks and beyond. To be mad at the Bengals for it is unreasonable. To be listing ADG as a 4th round bust (is there such a thing?) isn't fair, IMO. Wren has been good when healthy. Tough to hate on a guy due to injuries if he is good when healthy.

The Finley trade is an interesting debate. Are 2 6ths worth taking a chance on a QB that flashed traits you're looking for? I think so, yes. My question is: What traits were they so enamored with and who identified them in Finley? Were they looking for Andy Dalton? In a dream scenario, the ceiling at best on Finley was going to be Andy Dalton and that just isn't going to get it done regardless of Finley reaching his potential or not.

Although, Finley sure did look amazing in some live preseason action. I was always on team Dolegala, though. I thought he had a higher ceiling with development due to arm talent.

Personally, due to the staff being assembled so late in the process, I give ZT a 100% pass on the 2019 draft. Good or bad picks, it doesn't matter. I give him no credit or bad marks because I think he had little input and, even if he did have big input, is it really fair to weight that input very heavily since he was given little time to study before the test, so to speak? To me... NO, it isn't reasonable.

The 2020 draft was amazing by all accounts and I love 2021 on paper. Those drafts ZT's staff had time to work on and I think those are more fair to review.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 09:39 PM)Synric Wrote: Ryan Finley won QB of the week at the Senior Bowl. It was in Jim Nagy's tweets but it's a few years back.

This is a solid breakdown of the week though.

He practiced well, cool. Who did the best in the actual game, against actual tackling, against actual competition?

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jones-claims-mvp-as-north-wins-senior-bowl-0ap3000001013589
https://www.giants.com/photos/daniel-jones-named-mvp-of-2019-senior-bowl#4d14a3e7-053c-4f2a-b43a-c71c9959418f
https://www.forbes.com/sites/gantplayer/2019/01/30/daniel-jones-was-named-senior-bowl-mvp-so-naturally-drew-lock-will-have-a-better-career/?sh=4341c4903bb8

(05-16-2021, 10:15 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Fun fact: Most teams miss on 4th round picks and beyond. To be mad at the Bengals for it is unreasonable. To be listing ADG as a 4th round bust (is there such a thing?) isn't fair, IMO. Wren has been good when healthy. Tough to hate on a guy due to injuries if he is good when healthy.

The Finley trade is an interesting debate. Are 2 6ths worth taking a chance on a QB that flashed traits you're looking for? I think so, yes. My question is: What traits were they so enamored with and who identified them in Finley? Were they looking for Andy Dalton? In a dream scenario, the ceiling at best on Finley was going to be Andy Dalton and that just isn't going to get it done regardless of Finley reaching his potential or not.

Although, Finley sure did look amazing in some live preseason action. I was always on team Dolegala, though. I thought he had a higher ceiling with development due to arm talent.

Personally, due to the staff being assembled so late in the process, I give ZT a 100% pass on the 2019 draft. Good or bad picks, it doesn't matter. I give him no credit or bad marks because I think he had little input and, even if he did have big input, is it really fair to weight that input very heavily since he was given little time to study before the test, so to speak? To me... NO, it isn't reasonable.

The 2020 draft was amazing by all accounts and I love 2021 on paper. Those drafts ZT's staff had time to work on and I think those are more fair to review.

That wasn't a list of 4th round busts, PDub, that was just a list of 4th rounders taken under Zac Taylor. I think ADG has a chance to be decent, not writing him off yet. Just haven't been wowed yet either.

Wren can have all the talent in the world, but if he can't get on the field, it's kind of pointless talent. (Looking at you Tyler Eifert/Jonah Williams.)

Yeah, I don't know. For a backup I would rather have a low floor high ceiling guy than a low floor low ceiling guy. Neither are likely to be great, but at least you could potentially strike gold with a guy with a high ceiling. I guess that's why people keep chasing that arm talent.

I understand what you're saying about being assembled so late and a pass, but part of the reason they were assembled so late in the process is because of Zac Taylor in the first place so it kind of loses a bit of that excuse for me. Lol. Also, more of that argument loses steam when they didn't just take the guy, but they traded up for him. If you take a guy who is there when you pick, maybe the lack of studying time can be used as an excuse. When you trade up to specifically grab a guy, that excuse is gone because you felt like you needed that guy bad enough to move up, spending extra resources specifically for him. Trading up is one of the few times in the draft when you are absolutely certain they got the guy they wanted. I don't think that was a Mike Brown pick, because Mike Brown loves him those big arm guys (he wanted Ryan Mallett over Dalton), so Ryan Finley is just about as a not-Mike-Brown pick as it gets. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 06:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Finley pick still blows my mind. Not just a 4th round pick, but they also gave up two 6th round picks to move up and get him on top of that. Did nobody from the Bengals ever watch him throw before they drafted him? His arm is clearly not an NFL caliber arm, and his NFL rookie year was his age 25 year, so it's not like he was 20-21 and could potentially grow into a stronger arm. 

Not sure how much stock you put in PFF, but ADG had a 40.7 rating last year. Granted I don't know if the kid's getting a fair shake since Anarumo is his DC.

Yes, the Finley pick was baffling, especially trading up for him.

ADG is from a small school, expected him to be really raw. Expect him to make a big jump this year. Crazy talent.

I just don't think he was used right as a rookie at all under Lou as you say.

He should be used in more blitz packages.

(05-15-2021, 06:57 PM)Synric Wrote: ADG started rough which is expected considering he wasnt a traditional LB in college and didnt have a real offseason. Year 2 and 3 will be big for him in the Pros.

Edit: Renell Wren is still a mystery. He has the talent, build, athleticism of a top NFL player. That is a guy I'm hoping can take his game to the next level in year 3.

Agree on both these points. If the NFL game slows down for ADG anytime soon, he could be hella good.

Always thought it would take a couple years with him till he becomes a very good to great Linebacker, very raw.

Wren was also raw, want to see something from him this year.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 08:01 PM)Synric Wrote: Point proven in one post.

Did you expect a Tik Tok compilation of Leonard watching an all 22 film with a projector in his basement?
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 12:01 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Good post.

One nit: Sam Wyche. No 'h' in his name.

You might want a recount.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2021, 08:13 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Did you expect a Tik Tok compilation of Leonard watching an all 22 film with a projector in his basement?

I have no dog in this fight, but I'd expect that the one-line post was due to his previous, "Google Scout," comment.

I also think Finley's arm isn't even average, in the slightest, but I will say that a weak arm doesn't make this throw, with this timing, on this trajectory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om8Wiak74tY&form=MY01SV&OCID=MY01SV

Maybe it's a technique issue with Finley? Who knows though and frankly, who cares? He's not on the team anymore.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote