Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chad Johnson is flat out crazy
https://twitter.com/Chughes612/status/1336404201841307657

Awesome short story by Hue Jackson.

that dude is hilarious.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Hue's first job with the Bengals was WR coach.

But Chad was already a star when Hue arrived.
Reply/Quote
Hahaha I absolutely love Chad. Damn did he make things fun.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 08:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hahaha I absolutely love Chad. Damn did he make things fun.

Chad was an enigma. He was the only player who could trash talk his opponent all game long, send them Pepto Bismol before the game, create a list of corners he torched, and still have the opposing teams cutting up with him laughing between plays. You can tell he truly has a good soul and great sense of humor. I didn't much care for Ocho, but loved Chad Johnson.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 10:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Chad was an enigma. He was the only player who could trash talk his opponent all game long, send them Pepto Bismol before the game, create a list of corners he torched, and still have the opposing teams cutting up with him laughing between plays. You can tell he truly has a good soul and great sense of humor. I didn't much care for Ocho, but loved Chad Johnson.

When Chad starting taking over the team was when the problems began (with Marvin).
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 06:01 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: https://twitter.com/Chughes612/status/1336404201841307657

Awesome short story by Hue Jackson.

that dude is hilarious.

Chad had some outstanding moments, both as a player and as an entertainer.  He said himself that he "made it cool to be a Bengals Fan again", and while I don't think it would have worked if they were losing, he's sort of right.

I remember a friend that sat in our section was at Koch's Sporting Goods in downtown Cincy, and she said there were about 4 women in the store (not with her) and in strolls Chad Johnson.  This was pretty early in his career, but he was already becoming a huge star.  

She said he called the five of them over to him and said:  "Ladies, do you know who I am?" and only my friend said "Hell yes I do, Chad!".  He laughed and gave her a hug and then said to the other ladies:  "It's ok, you will know me after today...I play for the Bengals and here is what I am going to do for you.  I want you to go pick out $200 of Bengal merchandise for your kids, your husband, your boyfriend, or yourself and I am going to pay for it.  Then, he signed all the items like shirts and jerseys that they bought.  

That never made it to the media, but I always loved that story.  I hope the guy has invested well, because he seems to throw a lot of money around.  I absolutely love Chad.  I got to meet him a couple times and he is hilarious.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Love Chad. Great player, great personality.

One of the most important figures in Bengals' history. He did make it cool to be a Bengals fan again. He also made it a lot of fun to be a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
Life was too hard then things came too easy for him. If Chad had the maturity in mind in the last few years in Cincy, that he had 5 years later, the sky was the limit. Granted, many of us could do great with the "if I knew then what I know now," but it was disappointing with Chad. He seems to have made it out fairly well ( ex-wife incident aside ).
Reply/Quote