Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chad Johnson is truly a Cincinnati treasure
https://www.yahoo.com/news/said-put-respect-name-chad-140000156.html

He’s always Jungle Noise to me. Mods Move or delete if you need to
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Quote:“I’m the cheapest f–ker in the world literally.”

Seems like he came by the taste for McDonald's honestly.  I do remember that one year, maybe about the time of the Jets playoff game, when he bought himself that big honkin' truck.  Couldn't have been cheap.  

As the years go by and the whole "Ochocinco" nonsense fades, he seems like he's being embraced by the team and city.  Dude had best feet in the business.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2021, 02:36 PM)Housh Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/news/said-put-respect-name-chad-140000156.html

He’s always Jungle Noise to me. Mods Move or delete if you need to

I love me some Chad.  However, if he truly has that much in a CHECKING ACCOUNT, he is being beyond stupid.  Many investments are earning over 20% in mutual funds.  That means each year, if the initial investment was $15 million, he could be earning $3 million extra to live on.  

No, I don't think he should invest it all, but a good portion of it.  Not doing anything in a damn checking account.  

Rant over :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 10:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I love me some Chad.  However, if he truly has that much in a CHECKING ACCOUNT, he is being beyond stupid.  Many investments are earning over 20% in mutual funds.  That means each year, if the initial investment was $15 million, he could be earning $3 million extra to live on.  

No, I don't think he should invest it all, but a good portion of it.  Not doing anything in a damn checking account.  

Rant over :)

To tell you the truth, the way things are going I'm seriously considering pulling all my money out of financial institutions, and putting it in the mattress. If gold wasn't ridiculously high right now, I would be converting to that.
Reply/Quote
I'm curious if McD ever gave him any kickback for all the free advertising he gave them? As far as I can remember, he never appeared in a commercial for them in the tri-state area
Reply/Quote
If I get lucky and have an athlete child, this model would be what I encourage. If you are a polarizing figure like Chad that can get endorsements, there is no need to touch your playing salary. Live off your endorsements and just save your weekly checks. Im sure the financial advisors the NFL hires tell these kids something like this, and im sure 90% of the kids dont listen lol

EVen if you only played in the league for your first contract you should not be broke within 2 years of playing. I always was baffled how guys are broke so quickly after retiring or playing their last snap.
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He had a few rough years, but the mature Chad Johnson is the hero the Bengals Nation needs, even though it is not the one we deserve. Love me some Chad.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 11:42 AM)Housh Wrote: If I get lucky and have an athlete child, this model would be what I encourage. If you are a polarizing figure like Chad that can get endorsements, there is no need to touch your playing salary. Live off your endorsements and just save your weekly checks. Im sure the financial advisors the NFL hires tell these kids something like this, and im sure 90% of the kids dont listen lol

EVen if you only played in the league for your first contract you should not be broke within 2 years of playing. I always was baffled how guys are broke so quickly after retiring or playing their last snap.

Much of it has to do with A) they don't understand money and hire the wrong people to invest it and B) They don't cut loose of the people they hung with prior to their NFL career, and have to pay for an entourage everywhere they go, buy them houses and cars, invest in their schemes etc. I think it was Spain who in one of his articles said you simply have to learn to say no, and that includes extended family.
Reply/Quote
They let Chad down. Especially our WR’s.

[Image: 200.gif]

Reply/Quote
He is Ok not a treasure
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 06:55 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He is Ok not a treasure

Well if Essex Johnson from The Bengals Board denies Chad’s treasure status then it must be true!

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 11:01 AM)Sled21 Wrote: To tell you the truth, the way things are going I'm seriously considering pulling all my money out of financial institutions, and putting it in the mattress. If gold wasn't ridiculously high right now, I would be converting to that.

Should still buy gold regardless of how high the price is to be honest. With inflation rising at a high rate and the fed slow to raise rates your dollars under the mattress aren’t going to be worth much, but if you invest in gold at least the price will continue to rise with inflation.
Reply/Quote