Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Takedown 4.0 - Happy Draft Day!!!
Can't wait to be off work. Dragging my lady to bdubs so she isn't too miserable while I watch the draft lol. Cheers

R1P1-CLE: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
R1P2-CLE: Mitchel Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (TRADE) w/ SF
R1P3-CHI: Jamal Adams, SS, LSU
R1P4-JAX: OJ Howard, TE, Alabama
R1P5-TEN: Malik Hooker, FS, Ohio State
R1P6-NYJ: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
R1P7-LAC: Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
R1P8-CAR: Christain McCaffery, RB, Stanford
R1P9-AZ: Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State (TRADE) w/ CIN
R1P10-BUF: Haason Reddick, OLB, Temple
R1P11-NO: Jonathan Allen, DT, Alabama
R1P12-SF: Patrick Mahomes, QB, Houston State (TRADE) w/ CLE
R1P13-CIN: John Ross, WR, Washington (TRADE) w/ AZ

LAP has spoken. After making a last second meeting with Ross before the draft, that tells you they've had their eyes on him the entire time and probably wanted to get an in person experience with Ross and get to know him more before pulling the trigger. If we can trade down and still make the pick that would be great for us.

In exchange (this is new) we received obviously #13, as well as #45 and #77. AZ takes #9 and AJM. They are in the hunt for a QB, they miss out on Mahomes and Trubisky, so they go with AJM. Another former Bengals QB and they are in desperate need of CB help. There is no one across from Patrick Peterson, they see Lattimore falling and secure their QB in the same process of nabbing the #1 corner in this years draft.

R2P41: Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma

With Oakland securing Lynch's rights, I can see Mixon falling to
41. That was who I was worried about more than anyone, but now he may actually be there. Let's hope his boneheaded mistake is his last. He is arguably the best back in this draft. One mistake shouldn't alter your decision in taking him over something from a few years ago. We have all done something stupid. Maybe not punching a woman, but we are all guilty of something.

R2P46: TJ Watt, OLB/DE, Wisconsin

A lot of defensive talent in this draft. Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone to see a couple of good prospects drop simply due to teams other needs.

R3P73: Derek Rivers, DE, Youngstown State

Adding Rivers and Watt to our front seven would be amazing. Great depth and two guys who can come in and make immediate impacts.

R3P77: Pat Elfein, C, Ohio State

I think this is a fan favorite and a position of major need. I have a bad feeling the Bengals won't take a Center this year after trading up for Bodine. They're stubborn as hell when it comes to realizing this kind of stuff.

R4P116: Sidney Jones, CB, Washington

Out for four months or a year? Either way, he'll be good once he's recovered. Getting Sidney in the 4th is like trading #116 for another first round pick next year. Why wouldn't you take him?? Adam Jones isn't going anywhere... He'll definitely be gone by next year. And we'll have Sidney waiting to replace him.

R4P138: Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State

Get him while we can. We have enough picks in this mock to address all of our needs. And Kicker of course is still an issue. Take the best kicker in the draft. Issue resolved.

R5P153: Elijah Lee, ILB, Kansas State

Still my sleeper pick. Kid looks great on film. I think round five is a good spot for Lee.

R5P176: Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami

Could be here may not be, doesn't really matter. If we deal AJM we'll probably select another QB in rounds 4-5.

R6P193: Kyle Kalis, OG, Michigan

OG depth. Not much else to say here.

R6P217: James Connor, RB, Pittsburgh

Power back, practice squad of course, but could be used as insurance if someone goes down.

R7P227: Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida

Really stupid what he did. It amazes me. How stupid can you be? And just before the draft... Wow. With that said, it's just a round seven selection, we let him go if he can't turn it around (character wise).

R7P251: Tyrone Swoopes, TE, Texas

Who cares. His last name is pretty cool. Once QB then moved to TE for Texas. Probably won't make the roster, but whatever it's a seventh round pick.
Reply/Quote
I think if you want Ross, you have to stay at 9 (and hope he makes it that far). I don't see him making it past the Bills and the Saints.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Would love it if it plays out this way, great job Takedown. Rock On
Reply/Quote
I'd cream my pants of this happened
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 10:11 AM)Takedown Wrote: Can't wait to be off work. Dragging my lady to bdubs so she isn't too miserable while I watch the draft lol. Cheers

LAP has spoken. After making a last second meeting with Ross before the draft, that tells you they've had their eyes on him the entire time and probably wanted to get an in person experience with Ross and get to know him more before pulling the trigger. If we can trade down and still make the pick that would be great for us.

In exchange (this is new) we received obviously #13,  as well as #45 and #77. AZ takes #9 and AJM. They are in the hunt for a QB, they miss out on Mahomes and Trubisky, so they go with AJM. Another former Bengals QB and they are in desperate need of CB help. There is no one across from Patrick Peterson, they see Lattimore falling and secure their QB in the same process of nabbing the #1 corner in this years draft.

41. That was who I was worried about more than anyone, but now he may actually be there. Let's hope his boneheaded mistake is his last. He is arguably the best back in this draft. One mistake shouldn't alter your decision in taking him over something from a few years ago. We have all done something stupid. Maybe not punching a woman, but we are all guilty of something.

A lot of defensive talent in this draft. Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone to see a couple of good prospects drop simply due to teams other needs.

Adding Rivers and Watt to our front seven would be amazing. Great depth and two guys who can come in and make immediate impacts.

I think this is a fan favorite and a position of major need. I have a bad feeling the Bengals won't take a Center this year after trading up for Bodine. They're stubborn as hell when it comes to realizing this kind of stuff.

Out for four months or a year? Either way, he'll be good once he's recovered. Getting Sidney in the 4th is like trading #116 for another first round pick next year. Why wouldn't you take him?? Adam Jones isn't going anywhere... He'll definitely be gone by next year. And we'll have Sidney waiting to replace him.

Get him while we can. We have enough picks in this mock to address all of our needs. And Kicker of course is still an issue. Take the best kicker in the draft. Issue resolved.

Still my sleeper pick. Kid looks great on film. I think round five is a good spot for Lee.

Could be here may not be, doesn't really matter. If we deal AJM we'll probably select another QB in rounds 4-5.

Power back, practice squad of course, but could be used as insurance if someone goes down.

Really stupid what he did. It amazes me. How stupid can you be? And just before the draft... Wow. With that said, it's just a round seven selection, we let him go if he can't turn it around (character wise).

Who cares. His last name is pretty cool. Once QB then moved to TE for Texas. Probably won't make the roster, but whatever it's a seventh round pick.

I'm with you, I feel like if BPA doesn't warrant the pick. Take every last second on the clock to heed any and all phone calls. Would love for this to happen. Good final mock
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 10:11 AM)Takedown Wrote: Can't wait to be off work. Dragging my lady to bdubs so she isn't too miserable while I watch the draft lol. Cheers

In exchange (this is new) we received obviously #13,  as well as #45 and #77. AZ takes #9 and AJM. They are in the hunt for a QB, they miss out on Mahomes and Trubisky, so they go with AJM. Another former Bengals QB and they are in desperate need of CB help. There is no one across from Patrick Peterson, they see Lattimore falling and secure their QB in the same process of nabbing the #1 corner in this years draft.

If you're Arizona and like Mahomes, why not just trade up to 9 and get Mahomes? Why trade up to 9 just to get another CB and AJM if you actually wanted Mahomes?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 03:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If you're Arizona and like Mahomes, why not just trade up to 9 and get Mahomes? Why trade up to 9 just to get another CB and AJM if you actually wanted Mahomes?

Shhhhh lol. I seen this error and was like "someone will notice oh well". I think they'd take Lattimore over Mahomes tbh. If they can get him and AJM I think they'd be licking their chops. Two biggest areas of need on that team solved in round one. Win win for both teams.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 03:47 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: I'd cream my pants of this happened

Same.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 04:46 PM)Takedown Wrote: Shhhhh lol. I seen this error and was like "someone will notice oh well". I think they'd take Lattimore over Mahomes tbh. If they can get him and AJM I think they'd be licking their chops. Two biggest areas of need on that team solved in round one. Win win for both teams.

I'd think Arizona would be targeting a WR over a CB. Fitz is very close to the end, they cut Floyd, and John Brown had a down year and isn't really a WR1 type anyway. Mike Williams or Corey Davis makes sense for Arizona.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 04:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd think Arizona would be targeting a WR over a CB. Fitz is very close to the end, they cut Floyd, and John Brown had a down year and isn't really a WR1 type anyway. Mike Williams or Corey Davis makes sense for Arizona.

Yeah they do need help at WR as well. I just think Lattimore falling to #9 outbids any receiver for them. If they traded up for Mike Williams then all the same, as long as it's not for our player I think the Bengals would be okay with it lol
Reply/Quote