Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chad & Orlando Brown

Pretty funny story. LMAO
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I've been watching this little segment with Sharpe and Ocho quite a bit recently and it is so entertaining. These two guys work well together. Always love Chad's stories.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 10:59 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I've been watching this little segment with Sharpe and Ocho quite a bit recently and it is so entertaining. These two guys work well together. Always love Chad's stories.

The only thing I don't like is that Shannon tries to talk down at Chad sometimes. Tbh, Chad was a superior player than Shannon. Shannon was a glorified WR playing TE on amazing teams.

If Shannon played for the Lions and his brother wasn't Sterling, I don't think his profile would be what it is.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 02:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The only thing I don't like is that Shannon tries to talk down at Chad sometimes. Tbh, Chad was a superior player than Shannon. Shannon was a glorified WR playing TE on amazing teams.

If Shannon played for the Lions and his brother wasn't Sterling, I don't think his profile would be what it is.

I'm not a big Shannon Sharp fan but he was an amazing TE, maybe top 5 all time. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 02:06 PM)TheFan Wrote: I'm not a big Shannon Sharp fan but he was an amazing TE, maybe top 5 all time. 

I didn't say he wasn't a great TE. I'm saying he was a glorified WR. In fact, his failure at WR is why he was moved to TE in the first place.

The guy has more than 1000 less yards than Chad in 38 more games. I don't think he's in any position to be talking down at someone like Chad.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 02:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I didn't say he wasn't a great TE. I'm saying he was a glorified WR. In fact, his failure at WR is why he was moved to TE in the first place.

The guy has more than 1000 less yards than Chad in 38 more games. I don't think he's in any position to be talking down at someone like Chad.

Okay. But he was a TE who played TE his entire career. Not WR. He still lined up and blocked a lot throughout his career and assisted in having top run games on most teams he played on. Being only 1000 yards less than Chad is really freaking good when you're playing TE and not WR. That's like saying Gronk wasn't a good TE because he has less yards than Chad. 

When you're in the HOF and around top 5 at your position in history you can kinda do what you want. Sharpe is a douche but he can back it up.
Reply/Quote
I think Shannon thought Chad was talking about Brown Jr.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 03:02 PM)TheFan Wrote: Okay. But he was a TE who played TE his entire career. Not WR. He still lined up and blocked a lot throughout his career and assisted in having top run games on most teams he played on. Being only 1000 yards less than Chad is really freaking good when you're playing TE and not WR. That's like saying Gronk wasn't a good TE because he has less yards than Chad. 

When you're in the HOF and around top 5 at your position in history you can kinda do what you want. Sharpe is a douche but he can back it up.

Yeah I get all that, but here's the thing. Shannon was never known as a blocker and to credit him for the success of the Broncos run game or Jamal Lewis is ridiculous.

So we have to judge them as receivers. Shannon was a great receiver...for a TE. Chad was just a great receiver, period. Shannon wouldn't even be a HOF'er if he didn't luck out to play with the Broncos and Ravens at their absolute peaks.

I remember Shannon with the Ravens. He was a good player, but not the focus. Maybe I'd be too harsh saying he was an afterthought, but nobody went into Ravens week thinking "man, what can we do with Shannon?".

He had some great seasons with John Elway. If you think there is some huge gap between Shannon and Chad as players, then we just disagree. Strongly. 

I don't think there was a gap at all, and if anything, I'd take prime Chad over Shannon any day of the week. No homer with that take at all.
Reply/Quote
Why are guys with silly names always manly AF?  Shannon?  Like...your name is ***** SHANNON.  It's almost like Dick Butkis.  It's absurd.  It's uncanny!  I'm going to name my next born son "Sue" just to prove it.  
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 03:02 PM)TheFan Wrote: Okay. But he was a TE who played TE his entire career. Not WR. He still lined up and blocked a lot throughout his career and assisted in having top run games on most teams he played on. Being only 1000 yards less than Chad is really freaking good when you're playing TE and not WR. That's like saying Gronk wasn't a good TE because he has less yards than Chad. 

Game winner. Enough said right here. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 02:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The only thing I don't like is that Shannon tries to talk down at Chad sometimes. Tbh, Chad was a superior player than Shannon. Shannon was a glorified WR playing TE on amazing teams.

Maybe since he is in top tier all time as a TE and in HOF and Chad is not could be the reason. He excelled at TE, not sure why that matters that his skill sets means less at TE than Chad's as a WR.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2023, 12:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Maybe since he is in top tier all time as a TE and in HOF and Chad is not could be the reason. He excelled at TE, not sure why that matters that his skill sets means less at TE than Chad's as a WR.

[Image: talladega-nights.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote