Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chad Reuter Mock Draft
https://www.nfl.com/videos/chad-reuter-projects-every-bengals-pick-in-2021-nfl-draft

Round 1 - Penei Sewell OL Oregon
Round 2 - Terrace Marshall WR LSU
Round 3 - Marvin Wilson DT Florida State
Round 4 - Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
Round 5 - 7 - TE/LB/RB/DB depth

Meh I like the first 2 picks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Thought this was interesting , and close to what some have mentioned.

Discuss...

https://www.nfl.com/videos/chad-reuter-projects-every-bengals-pick-in-2021-nfl-draft
Reply/Quote
I'm thinking they may try to get Drake Jackson or Landon Dickerson in the 2nd. (Sleeper pick)
Reply/Quote
Chase in the first and the tackle from Notre Dame in the second. 
Reply/Quote
I don't agree with WR at #5, but I am starting to think that is what they will do.

I didn't want WR at #4 in 2011 either, but that worked out pretty well. The guy I wanted, Patrick Peterson, worked out pretty well also. In fact that was an amazing draft. 8 of the first 11 picks became All-Pro players and one of the three who didn't was Green. 4 of those 11 were Hall-of-Fame type players (J.J. Watt, Von Miller, Julio Jones, Patrick Peterson) and another won an MVP (Cam Newton).
Reply/Quote
I personally think the biggest issue the Bengals have is this team is void of talent as so many positions they're going to be criticized no matter whether they draft Chase, Pitts, or Sewell.

Personally, I think they should go with Sewell if he's there or if you can move back 2 or 3 spots w/o losing Sewell then you do it. Chase is a great wide receiver but Joey can't throw to him if he's on his ass, running for his life, or his other knee is torn up. Protect your prize jewel.

This team needs weapons. The reason I say if you can move back and get an extra couple of picks do it. They also need help at DE, LB, DT, WR, RB, the list goes on and on but the only way this team is going to get high end talent is if we draft it. The front office will never open their tight ass wallets and bring in a high priced free agent.
Reply/Quote
I would be ok with this draft. Sewell is a great pick and Marshall brings the “Burrow knows him” factor similar to Chase. There should be other better receivers available at the top of the 2nd though isn’t there?
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 12:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't agree with WR at #5, but I am starting to think that is what they will do.

I didn't want WR at #4 in 2011 either, but that worked out pretty well.  The guy I wanted, Patrick Peterson, worked out pretty well also.  In fact that was an amazing draft.  8 of the first 11 picks became All-Pro players and one of the three who didn't was Green.  4 of those 11 were Hall-of-Fame type players (J.J. Watt, Von Miller, Julio Jones, Patrick Peterson) and another won an MVP (Cam Newton).

Yeah, if you didn't take a QB in the first half of the 1st round that year, you basically won.

I wanted Julio Jones or Patrick Peterson in 2011. AJ Green turned out quite nice, and I ended up liking having AJ more than Patrick Peterson.

Sure glad the Browns traded down. Can you imagine the Bengals Ds having to cover Julio Jones all these years? Oof

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 12:46 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I would be ok with this draft. Sewell is a great pick and Marshall brings the “Burrow knows him” factor similar to Chase. There should be other better receivers available at the top of the 2nd though isn’t there?

Rashod Bateman would be the only one I would think if he makes it there is better. I don't see Bateman being there though. We shall see
Reply/Quote
This topic is already in the mock draft forum though :/
Reply/Quote
This offense needs elite talent at the skill positions
A guy that can take over when.the occasion arises.
About a HOF calibur talent or at least one that can.be
Considered top.5 in the NFL.
The offense just doesnt have that now
Reply/Quote
I would be fine with something like he is projecting. A much as I like Chase and shiny new toys, I understand that most NFL games are won in the trenches. We need some help on both sides of our trenches. A QB of Burrow's caliber can make an average WR play above average and so forth. And we do have Higgins and Boyd who are both playmakers and I expect to see Higgins be even better in year 2. If we can get Mixon going, it would be huge. We need better blocking for that.
Reply/Quote
Man you people are going to be pissed when we draft Jaelean Phillips @ 5. Ninja
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 12:32 PM)TJ528 Wrote: I personally think the biggest issue the Bengals have is this team is void of talent as so many positions they're going to be criticized no matter whether they draft Chase, Pitts, or Sewell.  

Personally, I think they should go with Sewell if he's there or if you can move back 2 or 3 spots w/o losing Sewell then you do it.  Chase is a great wide receiver but Joey can't throw to him if he's on his ass, running for his life, or his other knee is torn up.   Protect your prize jewel.  

This team needs weapons.  The reason I say if you can move back and get an extra couple of picks do it.  They also need help at DE, LB, DT, WR, RB, the list goes on and on but the only way this team is going to get high end talent is if we draft it.  The front office will never open their tight ass wallets and bring in a high priced free agent.

Sowell isnt the answer. Everyone keeps saying block for Burrow. Watch his tape he is a better run blocker than pass. Chase is cant miss we can get Burrow protection in the second round  and still through free agency.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 12:02 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Thought this was interesting , and close to what some have mentioned.

Discuss...

Would be a great draft, Sewell then Marshall... just perfect.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Would love this start to the draft. (Sewell and Marshall ) . I follow Gil Brandt alot, been around the game for a long time, here is what he said about Sewell

"Sewell is the closest thing to Hall of Famer Jonathan Ogden I've seen in some time. More so than anything, he can play left tackle, and that means so much in today's NFL."
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 02:02 PM)J24 Wrote: Man you people are going to be pissed when we draft Jaelean Phillips @ 5.  Ninja

I would be shocked, but maybe not so pissed if they made up for it in the rest of the draft and after June 1st cuts lol. Definitely would be a curveball. But we do need more help and depth at DE. 

For me its Sewell, Chase or Pitts in no order. I think it will be Sewell though. 
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 02:10 PM)Mark123 Wrote: Sowell isnt the answer. Everyone keeps saying block for Burrow. Watch his tape he is a better run blocker than pass. Chase is cant miss we can get Burrow protection in the second round  and still through free agency.

If he allowed 0 sacks and only 2 hits in 926 snaps, and you say he's a better run blocker than pass blocker, then I want him even more now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 02:10 PM)Mark123 Wrote:  Watch his tape he is a better run blocker than pass. 

I agree, the running game isnt important

more receivers please

100+ targets for all the receivers

I smell success
Reply/Quote
Some reasons why I want two good linemen (taken with 1,2 or 3 picks) drafted are bolstering of depth with high end players, improving overall versatility on the line, planning for injuries, and getting new starters in place with players leaving in FA next year (like Reiff), improving pass protection for Burrow's development and to improve the running game which will leave much more manageable third downs for JB, which will improve the offense as a whole (even if we don't add to the WR corps). Worst case, WR can be added next year but it will be better to add OL now, fur two reasons: immediate protection for JB, and continuity building which is more important for OL so that in year three of JB, the line is set and the Bengals can start to have realistic playoff hopes. If JB is upright and develops his reading of the game this year, adding a new high end WR next year will take the offense to a higher level compared to adding receiver this year while JB is not developing as much due to a weaker line, if they don't get the linemen this year. That's why I hoped they would have already addressed the line in FA so that they only had to get one good OL in the draft (with a bit of leeway to develop through the year), instead of having to come out of the draft with solid OL men. Considering JB, is a young player, it is more important that he keeps developing the right way. If he was a five to six year veteran, it's not as critical because you don't have to worry about bad habits taking root (it would be too late if they have anyway).
Reply/Quote