Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chad is giving out “stimulus checks”
(06-26-2020, 05:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why exactly?

He lost multiple houses to foreclosure.

He had multiple women who had to take him to court to force him to pay his chiold support.

You didn'tknow about any of that?

If you hadn't done that bullshit thing you always do and quoted only part of the post, you would have seen where I stated that it isn't like he is hiding anywhere.  If a court was looking for him, he'd be very easy to find.  But congratulations on being named judge.   You must be so proud.

And we'll just call this the latest thread you've ruined and add it to the long and always growing list.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2020, 05:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why exactly?

He lost multiple houses to foreclosure.

He had multiple women who had to take him to court to force him to pay his chiold support.

You didn'tknow about any of that?

Maybe because they still collect the same excessive amount of support they parted from him while he was making millions. The child support system is a scam plain and simple pimple.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2020, 11:51 AM)Dynnasti Wrote: Maybe because they still collect the same excessive amount of support they parted from him while he was making millions. The child support system is a scam plain and simple pimple.

Child supportis based on income and how much time each party has the child.  It is fair for everyone.

When a person paying child support has a non-voluntary unintentional decrease in income then they can go to court and get rheirchild support obligation reduced.

There is no "scam" at all in the child support system.  I was actually a prosecuting attorney for the State of Tennessee Child Support Enforcement Office.  It was a free service provided to any parent of child support issues.  We would assist parents trying to collect child support as well as parents trying to get their child support reduced.  Now I know there are millions of parents who pay their child support regularly, but generally all I saw was the ones who would not.  and let me tell you there are A LOT of men who just don't think they should have to pay hardly anything to support their children.  Even if they don't use birth control it is the womans fault for getting pregnant.  Or when the guy paying child support hooks up with a new partner and has new kids then he feels they should be a priority over his "old" family.  Or if the woman receiving the child support for the kids gets a new partner then it should be the new partners job to support her kids.  And many times men just don't pay because "The ***** left ME.", yet those guys are not willing or capable of taking in all their own children.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2020, 11:51 AM)Dynnasti Wrote: Maybe because they still collect the same excessive amount of support they parted from him while he was making millions. The child support system is a scam plain and simple pimple.

Nope, sorry man, but I just can't get on board with that mindset.  My son's mother and I chose not to marry, and I never begrudged paying my support.  In fact, the young man is nearly 25, and I still offer to help him.  Lucky for me, he works hard, stays employed and I have to go visit and take him out, in order to spend any money on him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2020, 08:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nope, sorry man, but I just can't get on board with that mindset.  My son's mother and I chose not to marry, and I never begrudged paying my support.  In fact, the young man is nearly 25, and I still offer to help him.  Lucky for me, he works hard, stays employed and I have to go visit and take him out, in order to spend any money on him.

Yep... My ex and I handle support without the court's involvement. I make more so I handled her tuition, she handled supplies and uniforms for school. Easy peezy kiid comes first. No resentment or grudges.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2020, 08:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nope, sorry man, but I just can't get on board with that mindset.  My son's mother and I chose not to marry, and I never begrudged paying my support.  In fact, the young man is nearly 25, and I still offer to help him.  Lucky for me, he works hard, stays employed and I have to go visit and take him out, in order to spend any money on him.

That’s a nice story but doesn’t have anything to do with what I said. Not being malicious
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2020, 05:31 PM)Dynnasti Wrote: That’s a nice story but doesn’t have anything to do with what I said. Not being malicious

As a father who's been through the child support system, I found it in no way to be a scam.

What about the child support system makes you feel like it is a scam?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2020, 12:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Child supportis based on income and how much time each party has the child.  It is fair for everyone.

Really? You think paying $35k a month is fair to a guy who only sees his kid(s) Twice a month?

Quote:When a person paying child support has a non-voluntary unintentional decrease in income then they can go to court and get rheirchild support obligation reduced.
not without a fight and more money and often paying both parties attorneys fees and then you may not even get a reduction. Or worse you find it the kids not yours after your wife IS THE ONE THAT CHEATED and you STILL have to pay and lose all your stuff.

Quote:There is no "scam" at all in the child support system.  I was actually a prosecuting attorney for the State of Tennessee Child Support Enforcement Office.  It was a free service provided to any parent of child support issues.  We would assist parents trying to collect child support as well as parents trying to get their child support reduced.  Now I know there are millions of parents who pay their child support regularly, but generally all I saw was the ones who would not.  and let me tell you there are A LOT of men who just don't think they should have to pay hardly anything to support their children.  Even if they don't use birth control it is the womans fault for getting pregnant.  Or when the guy paying child support hooks up with a new partner and has new kids then he feels they should be a priority over his "old" family.  Or if the woman receiving the child support for the kids gets a new partner then it should be the new partners job to support her kids.  And many times men just don't pay because "The ***** left ME.", yet those guys are not willing or capable of taking in all their own children.

Well it’s not free so even the state has monetary interest in collecting AS MUCH support as they can.

There’s Actual studies About how unfair the system is towards men as well as how LITTLE it actually costs to raise a child. Being in the position you’re in, it’d be nice If you looked into before prosecuting some guy based on antiquated SKEWED data regarding CS. This isn’t even taking into account the fact that men have next to NO options when it comes to birth control while women have what ... 10? Let’s not pretend either that woman don’t trap men like this to maintain a lifestyle. Nobody is saying a kid has to live in poverty while his father is off jet setting. I’m just saying let’s be effing reasonable.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2020, 05:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As a father who's been through the child support system, I found it in no way to be a scam.

What about the child support system makes you feel like it is a scam?

Because the state makes money on every dollar collected something like .60 for every 1.00. Pretty high incentive to collect as much you can. So forgive me for dismissing the opinion of a prosecutor who has a conflict in interest because the state pays his salary.

Most men find it to be a nightmare. Even those who are unaware of what I’m saying or even disagree; guys just like you who want to do the right thing. Many men have committed suicide because it was just too much to bear.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2020, 05:45 PM)Dynnasti Wrote: Really? You think paying $35k a month is fair to a guy who only sees his kid(s) Twice a month?

Child support is not a fee you pay in order to see your kids, and the less time the father has the kids the more he has to pay in support.  

Support is based on a percentage of income.  If your father is a multi-millionaire then $35K may be very reasonable.

(06-30-2020, 05:45 PM)Dynnasti Wrote: not without a fight and more money and often paying both parties attorneys fees and then you may not even get a reduction. Or worse you find it the kids not yours after your wife IS THE ONE THAT CHEATED and you STILL have to pay and lose all your stuff.

You are wrong.  In Tennessee there is a requirement that there has to be a change of at least 15%, but if your income has dropped that much and it is not due to voluntary unemployment or reduced employment then you will get a reduction.

The issue of your wife having kids by another man does not matter because if you would have remained married to her you would have been responsible for raising them.  Courts are hesitant to de-legitimize children of a marriage but it is now possible in many states.

(06-30-2020, 05:45 PM)Dynnasti Wrote: There’s Actual studies About how unfair the system is towards men as well as how LITTLE it actually costs to raise a child.

I don't know of any studies showing CS laws are unfair to men.  Courts are more likely to give custody of new born infants to the mother, but that is not a child support issue.

And how much it costs to raise a child has nothing to do with child support.  It has to do with a fair percentage of the parents income.  A multi-millionaire should not be allowed to just give his child peanuts to be raised on.

(06-30-2020, 05:45 PM)Dynnasti Wrote:  it’d be nice If you looked into before prosecuting some guy based on antiquated SKEWED data regarding CS.

I am not talking about any skewed data.

(06-30-2020, 05:45 PM)Dynnasti Wrote:  This isn’t even taking into account the fact that men have next to NO options when it comes to birth control while women have what ... 10? 

Ah.  No we are getting to the real issue.  Fathers who refuse to take responsibility for children because that is "the woman's job".

This is also why in the cultures that have high birth rates there are also extremely high rates of sexually transmitted disease.

(06-30-2020, 05:45 PM)Dynnasti Wrote:  Let’s not pretend either that woman don’t trap men like this to maintain a lifestyle. Nobody is saying a kid has to live in poverty while his father is off jet setting. I’m just saying let’s be effing reasonable.

Okay.  You make $10 million a year.  How much would you plan on spending on a child if it lived with you and you were raising it?

What is reasonable to tell a child about how much his multi-millionaire father should provide to support him?  What if his other kids are living with him in a $5 million house? Should he be allowed to treat his "new" kids better than his "old" kids?
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2020, 05:55 PM)Dynnasti Wrote: Because the state makes money on every dollar collected something like .60 for every 1.00. Pretty high incentive to collect as much you can. So forgive me for dismissing the opinion of a prosecutor who has a conflict in interest because the state pays his salary.

Most men find it to be a nightmare. Even those who are unaware of what I’m saying or even disagree; guys just like you who want to do the right thing. Many men have committed suicide because it was just too much to bear.

The State isn't taking that money from the support paid by the fathers.  As I read, for every dollar a State spends on child support programs, the Federal Government reimburses them .66.  Some States, like Ohio for instance, add a small "poundage" fee to offset costs of operation and collections.  In Ohio, that fee is 2%.

The amount that a parent pays (yes, sometimes it's mothers that are the payer of child support) is a figure derived by totaling the income of both parents, determining a percentage deemed a "need", then the need is split by prorating to the higher or lower income of the payer and payee.  For example, if the two parents make a combined $100K (easy numbers for easy math), and the total "need" is determined to be $20K, if the Father makes say $60K and the mother only earns $40K, it is determined that he is responsible for 60% of the $20K need, or roughly $12K per year, or $1K per month.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2020, 06:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The State isn't taking that money from the support paid by the fathers.  As I read, for every dollar a State spends on child support programs, the Federal Government reimburses them .66.  Some States, like Ohio for instance, add a small "poundage" fee to offset costs of operation and collections.  In Ohio, that fee is 2%.

The amount that a parent pays (yes, sometimes it's mothers that are the payer of child support) is a figure derived by totaling the income of both parents, determining a percentage deemed a "need", then the need is split by prorating to the higher or lower income of the payer and payee.  For example, if the two parents make a combined $100K (easy numbers for easy math), and the total "need" is determined to be $20K, if the Father makes say $60K and the mother only earns $40K, it is determined that he is responsible for 60% of the $20K need, or roughly $12K per year, or $1K per month.

Good info
Reply/Quote
No offense to Chad’s kids but In all honesty I’d rather him give me his money then them anyway
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Hey Chad I could use a stimulus check again :)
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote