Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sewell Pro day video with Pollock
(04-08-2021, 01:37 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: I was all for picking Chase with the 5th pick but only due to the fact that I have been reading that there are a lot of O-Line guys that are good and will be available later in the draft, also because I'm not to clued up on how good the other WR's are that will be available on day 2 and 3.

Totally agree with you on Pollock, I mentioned before that I think Pollock could be the best signing we make this off season

It is deep at OT in this Draft but after watching Sewell here I think he has to be the pick. He is in shape and IS the best talent
in this Draft at O-line even if it is deep. Sewell has the most upside as well so he could be great, hopefully Munoz great for us.

A lot of good options at WR in the 2nd and 3rd round, just not a lot of size, speed combinations after Terrance Marshall. But if
we want speed, Tylan Wallace, Eskridge, Darden are good thoughts. I want a pass rusher in one of these rounds too.

Pollack could be the best move we made, Hobby also was a nice grab for the D-line.

A Draft of Sewell, Boogie Basham, Eskridge in the first 3 rounds would be awesome IMO.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 01:37 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: I was all for picking Chase with the 5th pick but only due to the fact that I have been reading that there are a lot of O-Line guys that are good and will be available later in the draft, also because I'm not to clued up on how good the other WR's are that will be available on day 2 and 3.

Totally agree with you on Pollock, I mentioned before that I think Pollock could be the best signing we make this off season

BTW, JWW, not at all faulting you, because the fish is actually caught in and around Scotland and the Pollock Clan and all, but our coach's name is PollAck, not PollOck :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 01:45 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: BTW, JWW, not at all faulting you, because the fish is actually caught in and around Scotland and the Pollock Clan and all, but our coach's name is PollAck, not PollOck :)

I thought those were people from Poland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I agree this is a very deep OL class. But it is NOT a deep WR class (which is unusual because the last few years the WR classes have been uniformly deep). After Chase, Smith and maybe Marshall every other WR has very real gaps in their game. Either poor speed, poor hands, lack of good recognition skills and so on.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 02:02 PM)Joelist Wrote: I agree this is a very deep OL class. But it is NOT a deep WR class (which is unusual because the last few years the WR classes have been uniformly deep). After Chase, Smith and maybe Marshall every other WR has very real gaps in their game. Either poor speed, poor hands, lack of good recognition skills and so on.

Tylan Wallace has good speed, highly explosive, has good hands and goes up for the ball extremely well. 

Could get him at 38 pretty damn sure.

I just think we take Sewell now Joelist. He looks too good to me.

Sewell, Wallace, Patrick Jones DE would be a great start to the Draft in my eyes.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 02:02 PM)Joelist Wrote: I agree this is a very deep OL class. But it is NOT a deep WR class (which is unusual because the last few years the WR classes have been uniformly deep). After Chase, Smith and maybe Marshall every other WR has very real gaps in their game. Either poor speed, poor hands, lack of good recognition skills and so on.

It's funny I'd see it's a solid WR class but not very deep but I just read an article from Lance Zeirlein that has WR as the deepest class in the draft followed by OT then IOL.

The worst is IDL which I would agree with...

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-draft-ranking-each-position-group-in-this-year-s-class
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 01:55 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I thought those were people from Poland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clan_Pollock
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 01:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is deep at OT in this Draft but after watching Sewell here I think he has to be the pick. He is in shape and IS the best talent
in this Draft at O-line even if it is deep. Sewell has the most upside as well so he could be great, hopefully Munoz great for us.

A lot of good options at WR in the 2nd and 3rd round, just not a lot of size, speed combinations after Terrance Marshall. But if
we want speed, Tylan Wallace, Eskridge, Darden are good thoughts. I want a pass rusher in one of these rounds too.

Pollack could be the best move we made, Hobby also was a nice grab for the D-line.

A Draft of Sewell, Boogie Basham, Eskridge in the first 3 rounds would be awesome IMO.

Nate...if they draft D in rd 2, i'm going to TP your house. Rant

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 01:45 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: BTW, JWW, not at all faulting you, because the fish is actually caught in and around Scotland and the Pollock Clan and all, but our coach's name is PollAck, not PollOck :)

Sorry mate, lol
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 02:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nate...if they draft D in rd 2, i'm going to TP your house. Rant

Hey man, we need a pass rush. Was our biggest weakness on our team last year besides O-line.

Love Hendrickson and Ogunjobi but also love Boogie Basham. He is one of my fave players in this Draft.

Also liking Nico Collins in the 3rd WR out of Michigan, big and fast. Just opted out last season.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 02:20 PM)Synric Wrote: It's funny I'd see it's a solid WR class but not very deep but I just read an article from Lance Zeirlein that has WR as the deepest class in the draft followed by OT then IOL.

The worst is IDL which I would agree with...

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-draft-ranking-each-position-group-in-this-year-s-class

I think that is a really fair assessment of this class.

WR is certainly top heavy with 3 to 5 guys standing out, but the tier two and tier three in WR is really deep.

If the Bengals address OL and WR in round 1 and 2 they should walk away with impactful starters for the year no matter the order they pick them OL/WR or WR/OL

For the IDL I am starting to really like the kid from Louisiana Tech Milton Williams. Not sure what round he'll be going though.. if he could be taken in round 3 or 4 it would be a huge win.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 03:34 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I think that is a really fair assessment of this class.

WR is certainly top heavy with 3 to 5 guys standing out, but the tier two and tier three in WR is really deep.

If the Bengals address OL and WR in round 1 and 2 they should walk away with impactful starters for the year no matter the order they pick them OL/WR or WR/OL

For the IDL I am starting to really like the kid from Louisiana Tech Milton Williams. Not sure what round he'll be going though.. if he could be taken in round 3 or 4 it would be a huge win.

We agree today Murdock. Sewell/Terrance Marshall or Chase or Pitts/Eichenberg/Cosmi is all good with me.

I also like Milton Williams and we worked him out I heard so we are interested. Nixon and Stills I like also at 3-tech.
Reply/Quote