Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chad knows the 2024 script...
I didn't see this posted, but Chad said Burrow and Chase return to win the Super Bowl next year in New Orleans. Also said he told Zac he'd take any coaching position just to be around the team, but only in Cincy, nowhere else. Gotta love Chad....
Reply/Quote
We'd have our emergency kicker if we ever needed..
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 10:21 PM)sandwedge Wrote: We'd have our emergency kicker if we ever needed..

Honestly, that game blew my mind. I thought Chad came out for a trick play or as a joke. Then he's splitting the uprights and drilling kickoffs nearly to the end zone. Pretty amazing.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 09:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I didn't see this posted, but Chad said Burrow and Chase return to win the Super Bowl next year in New Orleans. Also said he told Zac he'd take any coaching position just to be around the team, but only in Cincy, nowhere else. Gotta love Chad....

Hell no to him coaching. I don't want him anywhere around our guys.

He was a hell of a receiver but he's too flashy and he'd just try to steal the spotlight.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2024, 01:50 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hell no to him coaching. I don't want him anywhere around our guys.

He was a hell of a receiver but he's too flashy and he'd just try to steal the spotlight.

He's not Deion: he wouldn't be a distraction at all.

Why are some people stuck in 2010?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2024, 10:49 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He's not Deion: he wouldn't be a distraction at all.

I agree, and think we'd only benefit with him as some type of assistant role for him.  He had some of the fastest feet I ever saw.  Why not share anything that could help with our WR room, especially if it ends up being boydless and Tee-less.  
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2024, 10:49 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He's not Deion: he wouldn't be a distraction at all.

Because I know Chad's personality.

Yes, he was an amazing receiver, but he was also about getting all the spotlight on him and the flash of the NFL.

I loved him and loved watching him but when he turned his back on the team and held out, I lost all love for him. 

If I remember correctly, he even bad-mouthed TJ because TJ said that he believed Chad would be at camp.

If this was all just to help and because he still loves the game, I'd be ok, but it feels like it's so he can get back in the spotlight.

Why'd he wait until we're Super Bowl contenders with Burrow and Chase to try and coach?
Reply/Quote

At the very least Chad should be on the Bengals PR team
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 03:47 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Because I know Chad's personality.

Yes, he was an amazing receiver, but he was also about getting all the spotlight on him and the flash of the NFL.

I loved him and loved watching him but when he turned his back on the team and held out, I lost all love for him. 

If I remember correctly, he even bad-mouthed TJ because TJ said that he believed Chad would be at camp.

If this was all just to help and because he still loves the game, I'd be ok, but it feels like it's so he can get back in the spotlight.

Why'd he wait until we're Super Bowl contenders with Burrow and Chase to try and coach?

Everyone continues to grow and evolve as individuals.  If Chad Johnson is serious about wanting an opportunity to try his hand at coaching, I would take him in good faith that he's serious and would treat his position as such.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 10:39 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Everyone continues to grow and evolve as individuals.  If Chad Johnson is serious about wanting an opportunity to try his hand at coaching, I would take him in good faith that he's serious and would treat his position as such.

Chad is interested in media. There are all kinds of coaching programs for former players for them to take advantage like TJ Houshmandzadeh went through. Last I heard TJ was teaching WRs at some of the QB Summit camps. I've never heard anything about Chad doing anything similar. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I have no issue supporting hiring Chad if Taylor wants him as an assistant coach.
Reply/Quote

Will address the points as they came in, numbered:

1. You know him personally?
2. He really wasn't: it was a dual, 50/50 of promoting the team and him. What about when he bought out 50/50 of the remaining tickets in '09 with Kroger, to keep the sellout streak alive?
3. Even if that happened, did he badmouth or did he just say that he wasn't being a team player?
4. He is on a VERY popular podcast, almost daily, is doing ads and other commercials and has been the, "official Madden ratings guy," for 3 years now. I don't think this would put him in a bigger spotlight than he already is (if anything, it would diminish it, IMO, as he wouldn't be allowed to do the other stuff).
5. He reached out to Zac prior to the '21 season, the first time, before any success came.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

You do realize people grow up, right?
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 11:02 AM)Synric Wrote: Chad is interested in media. There are all kinds of coaching programs for former players for them to take advantage like TJ Houshmandzadeh went through. Last I heard TJ was teaching WRs at some of the QB Summit camps. I've never heard anything about Chad doing anything similar. 

Chad said he is only interested in a coaching position with the Bengals, and specifically said no one else. Bottom line is, he just loves the Brown family and his old team, and I think would jump at any opportunity to be around them full time in any capacity. That's why he said assistant coach at any position. For a former ROH player to have that much love still for his team, it's a shame the fans throw shade at him for it.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 12:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Chad said he is only interested in a coaching position with the Bengals, and specifically said no one else. Bottom line is, he just loves the Brown family and his old team, and I think would jump at any opportunity to be around them full time in any capacity. That's why he said assistant coach at any position. For a former ROH player to have that much love still for his team, it's a shame the fans throw shade at him for it.

He offered to coach for Hue Jackson in Cleveland once I believe so... If Chad was really interested in coaching he would have took the NFL up on their programs.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 11:55 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Will address the points as they came in, numbered:

1. You know him personally?
2. He really wasn't: it was a dual, 50/50 of promoting the team and him. What about when he bought out 50/50 of the remaining tickets in '09 with Kroger, to keep the sellout streak alive?
3. Even if that happened, did he badmouth or did he just say that he wasn't being a team player?
4. He is on a VERY popular podcast, almost daily, is doing ads and other commercials and has been the, "official Madden ratings guy," for 3 years now. I don't think this would put him in a bigger spotlight than he already is (if anything, it would diminish it, IMO, as he wouldn't be allowed to do the other stuff).
5. He reached out to Zac prior to the '21 season, the first time, before any success came.
1. I do. Talked to him many times at training camp.

However, even if you don't consider that knowing him personally, one can see his personality through everything he's said and done over the years.

2 Impressive and he was a good guy, but that doesn't change his overall lifestyle. 

Why'd you skip the holdout? 

3. Why would he say aTJ wasn't being a team player? If I remember correctly (pretty sure this is accurate), during the holdout, they asked TJ about Chad and TJ said that Chad would show up, and I think Carson did too, and Chad said something like "I wish they'd just keep their mouths shut."

4. He always wants more and wants to be seen, not just heard or doing some ratings on Madden.

5. Because he knew Chase and Burrow would blow up.

Like I said below, if he comes in and is a changed man, I'm all for him helping out, but he's also 45(?) and the game is very different. I don't think Chase needs any coaching up and I just think he'd be a distraction.
(01-22-2024, 12:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You do realize people grow up, right?

When did he grow up? What evidence is there that he grew up?

Why didn't he offer to coach in any years prior to now?

If he had so much to offer, he could have been helping us for over a decade.

Now, we're Super Bowl contenders, and now he wants to be on the coaching staff?

Look, if he comes in and helps the receivers, I'm all for it, but I just don't want it to turn into a clown show where he's spending half the practice joking with players or teaching them touchdown celebrations and how to make every game a show. I want the team focused on winning. We finally have a roster of players with their heads on straight that want to win and I don't want to mess with that.
Reply/Quote
Chad slander in 2024 is wild. We gotta honor our greats people. Even if things ended badly (which was sadly all too common with this franchise).

I can’t believe people still hold grudges against guys like him and Dillon.

Reply/Quote
I would give chad a shot since we have one of the worst WR separation in the league over time before pass. I remember Palmer saying though that Chad just ran his own routes, but if you watched his feet he's moving faster than everyone else. Burrow does have to be more accurate than the next because we're not getting enough separation.
Reply/Quote
Chad will forever talk shit. If he was going to be any kind of coach, he would have by now.

Reply/Quote
Wouldn't hurt to get the guy into that program TJ was a part of semi recently where guys can sort of "intern" for actual coaches. If he's really wanting to coach, show it! Enthusiasm only takes you so far, gotta put in the work.

Side thought here...with one of the smallest scouting depts in the league, could he be useful scouting WRs and DBs? Didn't Pitcher start out as a scout? I wonder how he got that "starter" job to get his foot in the door. Did he have prior coaching experience before becoming a scout? Did someone just take a chance on him after he put in the work?
Reply/Quote