Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chad says AJ is the best Bengals WR of all time
http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/24684/chad-johnson-a-j-green-greatest-bengals-receiver-of-all-time

Before this year, I would've made an argument that they were on similar levels, but AJ has taken his game up a notch this year. Very classy and humble quotes from Chad. Of course I'm sure that will earn him zero points with Chad haters.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Not yet, but if he stays healthy (and doesn't demand a trade) AJ will be the best ever. Great praise from our current best receiver.
Reply/Quote
I went ahead and gave AJ that title as a rookie. Hell, I knew he would be the best Bengal WR the day they drafted him. He's also the best WR in the league this year. Julio Jones is next... Kinda like it was on draft day 2011.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Chad has being saying this for a while but I agree it is a nice gesture from him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Totally surprised that Chad was so complimentary to AJ.
Chads' stock just went up imo.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 05:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/24684/chad-johnson-a-j-green-greatest-bengals-receiver-of-all-time

Before this year, I would've made an argument that they were on similar levels, but AJ has taken his game up a notch this year. Very classy and humble quotes from Chad. Of course I'm sure that will earn him zero points with Chad haters.

AJ just goes out game after game. Quietly runs great routes; makes fantastic catches, AND HE DOESN'T ACT LIKE A CLOWN in the process --AJ definitely IS the greatest for his play and his character. ThumbsUp  ThumbsUp  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
It's hard to argue. Green is only 34 yards away from being #2 on the Bengals all time receiving list. And he's only played in 84 games.

Issac Curtis has played in 167 and he's #2.

He's also 4th in receiving TDs. But if he gets 6 more he gets bumped up to #3.

To put it into perspective, Green averages 84.6 yards per game.

Chad averaged 71.4. And he ranks #2 on all time Bengals.

In fact, Green ranks #4 all time in yards per game.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 08:02 PM)Derrick Wrote: AJ just goes out game after game. Quietly runs great routes; makes fantastic catches, AND HE DOESN'T ACT LIKE A CLOWN in the process --AJ definitely IS the greatest for his play and his character. ThumbsUp  ThumbsUp  ThumbsUp

That "clown" helped us win 50 games, 2 division titles and was arguably MVP of the team that got this miserable franchise to the playoffs for the first time in 14 years. In the process, he shattered every Bengals receiving record, made 6 Pro Bowls and put this lame team on the map nationally. 

I understood some anger when he left, because his last couple years were tumultuous...but it's been 6 years. Most fanbases do the classy thing and eventually forgive how it ended and remember their greats for what they accomplished. Heck, Favre pissed Packer fans off with his constant "will he or won't he" act, then he committed the cardinal sin of suiting up for the Vikes.

Packer fans burned his jersey and grew to loathe Favre...but eventually the fans did the classy thing and forgave Favre so they could recognize his accomplishments. Not Bengals fans though, right? I guess some of us will go to our graves hating a great football player because he danced and rode a bull. To each his own I guess.

And if you won't take my word for it, maybe you'll take AJ Green's? AJ has mass respect for Chad and said "Chad paved the way" for this current team.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 10:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That "clown" helped us win 50 games, 2 division titles and was arguably MVP of the team that got this miserable franchise to the playoffs for the first time in 14 years. In the process, he shattered every Bengals receiving record, made 6 Pro Bowls and put this lame team on the map nationally. 

I understood some anger when he left, because his last couple years were tumultuous...but it's been 6 years. Most fanbases do the classy thing and eventually forgive how it ended and remember their greats for what they accomplished. Heck, Favre pissed Packer fans off with his constant "will he or won't he" act, then he committed the cardinal sin of suiting up for the Vikes.

Packer fans burned his jersey and grew to loathe Favre...but eventually the fans did the classy thing and forgave Favre so they could recognize his accomplishments. Not Bengals fans though, right? I guess some of us will go to our graves hating a great football player because he danced and rode a bull. To each his own I guess.

And if you won't take my word for it, maybe you'll take AJ Green's? AJ has mass respect for Chad and said "Chad paved the way" for this current team.

Yup. Time to forget the silly stuff and appreciate the good times, which were many. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 10:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That "clown" helped us win 50 games, 2 division titles and was arguably MVP of the team that got this miserable franchise to the playoffs for the first time in 14 years. In the process, he shattered every Bengals receiving record, made 6 Pro Bowls and put this lame team on the map nationally. 

Agreed.

Favre even took shots at the Packers and Rogers for a couple of years after he retired. Chad has always tried to endear himself to the Bengals franchise. It's obvious he still follows and actively roots for the Bengals. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but it's silly to hate on Chad. I miss rooting for that clown.

I also like how people hate Corey Dillon for tossing his jersey and pads into the crowd at the end of 2003. He knew he was done here, and yes he has a crusty personality, but they're called souvenirs people.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Chad excited me while AJ just makes it look too easy. That's not to say Aj hasn't excited me because damn, dude has made jaw dropping plays.

The Bengals do #1 WR very well.

Still wish Eifert had a different #, 85 belong on the wall. Retired.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 10:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That "clown" helped us win 50 games, 2 division titles and was arguably MVP of the team that got this miserable franchise to the playoffs for the first time in 14 years. In the process, he shattered every Bengals receiving record, made 6 Pro Bowls and put this lame team on the map nationally. 

Seeing as how he used the word "clown" I think he got Chad mixed up with Kelly Washington.

I did love when he did his First Down celebration though.
Reply/Quote
This was up for debate?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 11:51 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Chad excited me while AJ just makes it look too easy. That's not to say Aj hasn't excited me because damn, dude has made jaw dropping plays.

The Bengals have almost always had at least one great WR. The only stretch I can think of where we didn't was the early 90's when Jeff Query was the top guy.

And I agree... 85 should be retired, along with several other numbers. 14 and 7 included.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 11:51 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Chad excited me while AJ just makes it look too easy. That's not to say Aj hasn't excited me because damn, dude has made jaw dropping plays.

Agree

and that is how you know you are watching greatness when players make look easy and natural while doing incredible things. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 11:59 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: This was up for debate?

Good point. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
#78 would be at the top of my list of Bengals numbers that need to be retired.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 01:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: #78 would be at the top of my list of Bengals numbers that  need to be retired.

I thought that was already the only one that's retired? I guess it's "unofficially" retired cuz no one ever wears it.

Either way, I agree with you. 78 should be first, although there's at least 5 numbers that should already be retired if Brown had any sense.
Reply/Quote
AJ may very well go down as one of the best to ever play the game.  He has drastically improved upon his only weakness.....physicality.  He is becoming a brute out there. He also has a penchant for coming back to the ball more.  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
AJ has not been better than Chad so far in his career, but he is well on his way to being better.

People forget just how good Chad was. Only receiver to lead the conference in receiving yards 3 years straight. He also did a ton to turn the franchise around and to make the Bengals cool again.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote