Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Chad wants to play DB in camp
Sounds pretty cool to me. If he covers a receiver he can probably give them some pointers. As long as he doesn't just goof around.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not taking this serious, and it doesn't do anyone any harm. I like Chad being involved, even if its just him and his usual jokes/antics. Not sure why there is negativity in this thread towards one of the best players to ever wear stripes. Show some respect.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Doesn't bother me a bit if Chad is at camp and believe it would be entertaining.

But its up to Zac and not me

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2022, 06:52 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: I'm not taking this serious, and it doesn't do anyone any harm. I like Chad being involved, even if its just him and his usual jokes/antics. Not sure why there is negativity in this thread towards one of the best players to ever wear stripes. Show some respect.

[Image: fetchimage?siteId=7575&v=2&jpgQuality=10...%2F297.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2022, 05:29 PM)michaelsean Wrote:  As long as he doesn't just goof around.

When it comes to competing on the field Chad does not goof around.  He is proud and ultra-competitive. 

He would not want to do it in front of crowds if he didn't think he could seriously cover these guys.

Jerry Rice had 30 receptions when he was 42.  Darrell Green had 24 tackles and 3 PDs when he was 42. Chad should be able to play training camp DB at 44. 
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 12:38 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He would not want to do it in front of crowds if he didn't think he could seriously cover these guys.

Just like he thought he could beat that horse?
Reply/Quote
Everyone is always all about getting Bengals greats more involved with the team, so here comes Chad and some people are crapping on it. Having Chad at camp would not take away from the serious work our DB's would get, and he could really help some of our lower tier receivers by watching them up close and giving them hints. Plus, he would make camp a heck of a lot of fun.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 12:54 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Just like he thought he could beat that horse?

He did beat the horse.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 12:54 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Just like he thought he could beat that horse?

As to the OP: I don't want him taking away reps from kids that need them. I would love to see him in a coaching capacity
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 07:43 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: To the first two replies: A hearty “BOOOOOOO!”

Yeah, he is just having fun. That is the thing about our team under Taylor, we have fun. Still remember in the AFC Championship
where we were down big and the camera goes to Zac and he is just having a good time over there with no pressure showing at 
all. He knew we were going to come back. Never over till it is over. Chad brings the most fun of anyone.

At the very least would like him hanging out at camp and showing if he could either compete still at WR or DB and as he says 
cut him afterwards. He just wants to be one of the guys. Our young real players need snaps though.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 01:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, he is just having fun. That is the thing about our team under Taylor, we have fun. Still remember in the AFC Championship
where we were down big and the camera goes to Zac and he is just having a good time over there with no pressure showing at 
all. He knew we were going to come back. Never over till it is over. Chad brings the most fun of anyone.

At the very least would like him hanging out at camp and showing if he could either compete still at WR or DB and as he says 
cut him afterwards. He just wants to be one of the guys. Our young real players need snaps though.

I'm not so sure I'd let Chad get on the field in a real practice with our 1st team on the field ? Can you imagine the fallout if Chad fell as a DB and caused an injury to one of our top WR's.

I'm all for Chad coming and having fun talking junk and maybe a light hearted pass and catch session but that's about it.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 01:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm not so sure I'd let Chad get on the field in a real practice with our 1st team on the field ? Can you imagine the fallout if Chad fell as a DB and caused an injury to one of our top WR's.

I'm all for Chad coming and having fun talking junk and maybe a light hearted pass and catch session but that's about it.

Yeah he is just joking anyways. I highly doubt he is serious, no way he covers our top 3 guys and they need real competition 
with our best DB's.
Reply/Quote
Again, there is no way Chad is going to take actual practice reps at DB or any other position. It would be totally irresponsible for the coaching staff to take away reps from current players and give them to a 44 year old former player that has not been on an NFL team for a decade. Chad's just goofing around as he has been known to do.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Get Chad up in that ring of honor...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 03:26 PM)jason Wrote: Get Chad up in that ring of honor...

Should be this year, for sure. Chad loves the Bengals.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 02:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:  no way he covers our top 3 guys and they need real competition 
with our best DB's.

(04-21-2022, 02:43 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: It would be totally irresponsible for the coaching staff to take away reps from current players and give them to a 44 year old former player that has not been on an NFL team for a decade.  

First team WRs take a lot of snaps against "camp bodies" who have no shot of making the roster.  Let Chad have some of their reps.  

And if one day of practice made that big of a difference then no veterans would ever get "rest days" off during training camp.

So bring Chad in for one day.  Make it a lot of fun.  Break up the monotony of training camp that burns the players out.  Get the Bengals on the opening of Sportscenter.  

I see where Chad's antics bother some fans.  To be honest some of stuff he did bothered me.  But back then he was an integral part of the locker room. Now he would just be a temporary guest  He can't do any damage just passing through for one day.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 08:14 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Pfff try him at wideout. I wonder if he could still play? I bet he could have as much of an impact as Stanley Morgan, Michael Thomas, or Auden Tate have had…

Wrong
Stanley Morgan is a good special teams player.
Chad was a great WR but he never tackled anyone in his life so right now Morgan>Chad..
Reply/Quote
Who's on Hard Knocks this year?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 09:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who's on Hard Knocks this year?

Detroit.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote