Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chairman Meow died.
My old cat finally died today. She was about 12-13 years old. Lived out in the garage and yard the past three or four years after losing her indoor manners. Always pretty pleasant for a cat. I buried her out by the rose bushes in the back yard..
I might get another..I dunno...and no..I didn't dig a 6 foot hole out there..about a foot at best.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sorry for your loss. It's always tough, losing a friend.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Condolences
Reply/Quote
Sorry for your loss. The passing of a pet is hard to get over, as they truly give unconditional love. I'm still trying to get over the passing of our 20 year old kitty two years ago, so I don't think I can go through the heartbreak again with another pet.
Reply/Quote
On the bright side she's got 8 lives left
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
She started losing weight last spring and this summer stopped eating for the most part. She was all skin and bones by the time she died.. I might get a rescue cat from one of the catch and release organizations. I trapped a bunch this past year when we had feral cats all over the place..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:15 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Sorry for your loss.  The passing of a pet is hard to get over, as they truly give unconditional love.  I'm still trying to get over the passing of our 20 year old kitty two years ago, so I don't think I can go through the heartbreak again with another pet.

When we had to put our cat down in January 2017, the vet was talking to my wife who was swearing that she was never going through that again. The vet told she'd be back one day, even though my wife kept shaking her head.  That November, with zero plans to get another pet, one fell into our laps, as they often do.  And, we're two years on and couldn't imagine not having her in our lives.  So, I hope for your sake that, if not today then later on, you'll keep yourself open to the possibility. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote