Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Challenges to GOP leadership in the House
http://dailysignal.com/2015/06/22/mark-meadows-to-fight-gop-house-leadership-sometimes-you-have-to-make-changes-to-the-coach/

Boehner has done a lot to punish members of the Caucas who don't vote with him.    Instead choosing to support the positions their voters back home support.
What's he going to do? Challenge Boehner to a duel?

I love this. I hope the Republican party really does split in two. I can't believe that the Tea Party members think they can run the show with a minority, but I am praying they are really that stupid.
(06-23-2015, 01:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What's he going to do?  Challenge Boehner to a duel?

I love this.  I hope the Republican party really does split in two.  I can't believe that the Tea Party members think they can run the show with a minority, but I am praying they are really that stupid.

Yeah how dare they follow through with exactly what they ran on and what their voters want.... When will these guys ever learn that when they go to Washington they are supposed to forget what their constituents want and why they are there representing them.

The humanity!!!!!!!
I hope they split. About time elected officials follow through and are willing to be held accountable to their people.
(06-23-2015, 01:31 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah how dare they follow through with exactly what they ran on and what their voters want....  When will these guys ever learn that when they go to Washington they are supposed to forget what their constituents want and why they are there representing them.  

The humanity!!!!!!!

It has nothing to do with what they want to do.  The fact is that they can't take over the leadership of the House without a majority of the party. 

They have to be willing to compromise and form a coalition if they want to take over the leadership.  But instead of doing that they seem to think they can stomp their feet, whine, cry, and hold their breath until they get what they want.

And I am loving it. 
(06-23-2015, 02:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It has nothing to do with what they want to do.  The fact is that they can't take over the leadership of the House without a majority of the party. 

They have to be willing to compromise and form a coalition if they want to take over the leadership.  But instead of doing that they seem to think they can stomp their feet, whine, cry, and hold their breath until they get what they want.

And I am loving it. 

We have spent 100 years compromising our valies and beliefs.   Until now we live in a world where 2+2 = 5  

I could care less about the GOP or the democrat parties.   We need to stand for something other than corrupting our values and promises that we make to voters.
(06-23-2015, 02:58 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We have spent 100 years compromising our valies and beliefs.   Until now we live in a world where 2+2 = 5  

I could care less about the GOP or the democrat parties.   We need to stand for something other than corrupting our values and promises that we make to voters.

We've spent longer than that, but that's another story. There always has to be compromise, there is no way around it. We just need people that are more statesmen and less politicians in our government. Unfortunately, until the politicians do not hold the majority there will be no change. I'm sure some think these folks bucking the GOP trend are leaning that way, but part of being a statesman is building a consensus, which involves compromise.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-23-2015, 02:58 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We have spent 100 years compromising our valies and beliefs.   Until now we live in a world where 2+2 = 5  

100 years ago women were not allowed to vote, interracial marraige was illegal, there were no laws limiting child labor, homosexuality was illegal, and Jim Crowe laws ruled the southern states.

So who exactly is this "we" you are talking about?
I'm happy to have challenges to everything. Leave lockstep for the Democrats. You can't compromise until you have a difference.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-23-2015, 11:07 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm happy to have challenges to everything.  Leave lockstep for the Democrats.  You can't compromise until you have a difference.

Great plan.  Let them all spend their time whining and bitching at each other instead of addressing the problems facing this country.

You are the poster boy for the current state of politics in D.C.

"We don't need a Federal budget. We don't need to reform the tax code. We don't need to address out of control spending. All we need to do is point fingers and squeal at each other unless we get everything 100% our way."
(06-23-2015, 11:24 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Great plan.  Let them all spend their time whining and bitching at each other instead of addressing the problems facing this country.

You are the poster boy for the current state of politics in D.C.

"We don't need a Federal budget.  We don't need to reform the tax code.  We don't need to address out of control spending.  All we need to do is point fingers and squeal at each other unless we get everything 100% our way."

No you're the poster boy.  My side my side my side.  You can see it right in this thread.  You are loving it because you think it will help the Dems.  I'm the exact opposite.  I want contention and argument within parties because that's how things change.  You want lockstep voting.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(06-23-2015, 02:58 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote:  Until now we live in a world where 2+2 = 5 

Damn, Common Core!
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-23-2015, 12:21 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Damn, Common Core!

Haha well done.
(06-23-2015, 12:10 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No you're the poster boy.  My side my side my side.  You can see it right in this thread.  You are loving it because you think it will help the Dems.  I'm the exact opposite.  I want contention and argument within parties because that's how things change.  You want lockstep voting.  

Amen. I can not agree more. We always need more debate, more accountability to voters, and more representives that aren't afraid to stand for something.... Even if it costs them amoung DC elite.
Jim Jordan should step up and challenge for speaker.
(06-23-2015, 12:10 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No you're the poster boy.  My side my side my side.  You can see it right in this thread.  You are loving it because you think it will help the Dems.  I'm the exact opposite.  I want contention and argument within parties because that's how things change.  You want lockstep voting.  

I don't even understand what you are trying to say.

Are you seriously saying that you have no idea what you want the government to do?  You have no opinion on what should be done?  Instead you just want them to fuss with each other and never get anything done?

NOTHING happens unless BOTH sides stop fighting and start compromising.  The subject of this thread is about the biggest problem in Washington.  A politician who holds a minority view but refuses to compromise and form any sort of coalition to get things done.
Quiz time:  Is this an early 90s album by some guy who was famous in the 70s OR is it a Republican campaign poster?

[Image: ADRIAN-GURVITZ-No-Compromise.jpg]
(06-23-2015, 03:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't even understand what you are trying to say.

Are you seriously saying that you have no idea what you want the government to do?  You have no opinion on what should be done?  Instead you just want them to fuss with each other and never get anything done?

NOTHING happens unless BOTH sides stop fighting and start compromising.  The subject of this thread is about the biggest problem in Washington.  A politician who holds a minority view but refuses to compromise and form any sort of coalition to get things done.

So the guy voted with the majority of the Democrats, and you are chastising him for that?  He didn't say he wouldn't compromise, he said the leadership refuses to debate and discuss with them, and when they step out of the lockstep they are punished.  What part do you disagree with him about?

(06-23-2015, 03:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Quiz time:  Is this an early 90s album by some guy who was famous in the 70s OR is it a Republican campaign poster?

[Image: ADRIAN-GURVITZ-No-Compromise.jpg]

So him voting with the Republicans and not the Democrats would have been compromising?  Interesting.

What's wrong with expecting elected officials to hold to what they promosed on the campaign?

conpromising in general isn't a bad thing. But compromise to take away our freedoms, run up the debt, and over regulate us..... That's the issue.