Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chances Joe Brady is our next head coach?
(01-15-2020, 10:21 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I hear ya.

My issue is...  why in the hell did a guy(ZT)that has never been a HC anywhere and a failure as an OC think he should try to do BOTH at the same time?

Step aside Zac.  Either let Callahan call plays or hire someone else to do it.

(01-15-2020, 10:22 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: And quite a while to get the TEs involved in the offense.  Not impressed.  Like at all.

This, concentrate on coaching the players up and running the team. Putting way too much on his plate and it is blatantly obvious.

The one thing I kept hearing about Zac from McVay and company is he is a great communicator. Stick to your strengths.

It is like Marv always sticking his nose in the Offense where his nose didn't belong.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 10:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This, concentrate on coaching the players up and running the team. Putting way too much on his plate and it is blatantly obvious.

The one thing I kept hearing about Zac from McVay and company is he is a great communicator. Stick to your strengths.

It is like Marv always sticking his nose in the Offense where his nose didn't belong.

Don't get me wrong.  It's not hopeless if he is open to changing or this case letting go of some responsibilities.

I see this heaping praise about changing blocking for Joe Mixon.

Yet Mixon was not used sometimes in goal line situations...  even standing pissed on the sidelines.

That's not impressive.  Not to me.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 10:54 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Don't get me wrong.  It's not hopeless if he is open to changing or this case letting go of some responsibilities.

I see this heaping praise about changing blocking for Joe Mixon.

Yet Mixon was not used sometimes in goal line situations...  even standing pissed on the sidelines.

That's not impressive.  Not to me.

There was nothing impressive about the Play Calling last season from what I remember. Players overcame dumb play calling is 
all I saw. You use Mixon in goal line situations, Tate in Red Zone situations, and never, ever line up in Shotgun on 4th and 1 and
run the QB to get killed! Crazy shit man, Taylor talked about adjustments but he needs to walk the walk in this respect.

Adjust and add a OC or see what Brian can do as you said. Just too much on Taylor's plate man.

Let your job be easier for heck sake, you don't want to be in charge of everything. Let other coaches do their job and evaluate.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 10:28 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: The love show for Joe Brady on the board is getting a little ridiculous. People are acting like Burrow is going to need his hand held by his college coaches to be successful in the NFL. Either Burrow is good enough to draft #1 or he isn't.

I pretty much feel the same way, I don't think a 30 year old passing coordinator was a big reason why they were great. LSU always had great talent but they played in a conservative system, Brady switched the system with great talent and it worked. Taylor didn't impress me this season but I'm willing to give him another season. I think a good head coach adapts to his players strengths versus forcing them into one single system. If Taylor is smart he might add a few things from the LSU offense he thinks might work and to ease Burrow into the NFL with a few concepts he's comfortable with. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 10:28 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: The love show for Joe Brady on the board is getting a little ridiculous. People are acting like Burrow is going to need his hand held by his college coaches to be successful in the NFL. Either Burrow is good enough to draft #1 or he isn't.

That's a really good point.

:andy:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

I agree.  Joe is the reason that the change in system, the addition of Joe Brady, and the huge leap into the unknown that LSU made, all paid off.  Chances are that Joe would have emerged in just such a way, had he remained at OSU.  I remember that Spring Game at OSU pretty clearly, Burrow and Haskins both performed equally well, Urban Meyer just chose to go with Haskins, leaving Burrow still on the outside looking in.  As a 4th year Junior, he needed his chance, and LSU was that chance.

Burrow is not just a guy with some physical tools that "got lucky" one season.  His intellect and work ethic are of a magnitude that most average people can't even relate to.  They gave him a Pro coach, who gave him a Pro system, and it worked because Joe could comprehend and process the information on a weekly basis, to make the necessary adjustment to have it all be successful.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 09:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Meaning Darrin Simmons.

Wouldn't be against it either, really like Simmons. Best coach we have from what I have seen.

Definitely fits the bill.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 12:09 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree.  Joe is the reason that the change in system, the addition of Joe Brady, and the huge leap into the unknown that LSU made, all paid off.  Chances are that Joe would have emerged in just such a way, had he remained at OSU.  I remember that Spring Game at OSU pretty clearly, Burrow and Haskins both performed equally well, Urban Meyer just chose to go with Haskins, leaving Burrow still on the outside looking in.  As a 4th year Junior, he needed his chance, and LSU was that chance.

Burrow is not just a guy with some physical tools that "got lucky" one season.  His intellect and work ethic are of a magnitude that most average people can't even relate to.  They gave him a Pro coach, who gave him a Pro system, and it worked because Joe could comprehend and process the information on a weekly basis, to make the necessary adjustment to have it all be successful.

This.

And I would like to add to that the many many plays Burrow made by extending the play long enough to find an open target. Without that, LSU probably would not have even been in the College Football Playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 08:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: In this case, still probably no. Mike is loyal and will give ZT more than 12yrs. Fans however are not.

Fixed it.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
So we want to move from a young 30 something first time head coach to another young 30 something first time head coach?
Reply/Quote
this whole concept that Joe Brady is the only guy who can coach him in a west coast system is beyond ridiculous. I'm getting to the point that I hope they don't draft Burrow because this fanbase doesn't deserve it.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Maybe a HC in a few years. Not rn, lets see how he does back with the big boys.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 12:33 PM)Okeana Wrote: this whole concept that Joe Brady is the only guy who can coach him in a west coast system is beyond ridiculous.  I'm getting to the point that I hope they don't draft Burrow because this fanbase doesn't deserve it.

People wouldn't be saying these things if we won in the first place. Allowing for a losing culture, and a culture of failure has left me ranting about mike brown like an old man yelling at the clouds, and other people on here thinking they are making BIG BRAIN moves for the Bengals. 
Reply/Quote
He sounds very impressive in the interviews out today. That with the excitement of Panthers fans and players just highlights the missed opportunity to bring him in.

With this FO, the more things change....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 12:33 PM)Okeana Wrote: this whole concept that Joe Brady is the only guy who can coach him in a west coast system is beyond ridiculous.  I'm getting to the point that I hope they don't draft Burrow because this fanbase doesn't deserve it.

People wouldn't be feeling this way if Burrows 2018 wasn't so different. It's clear what the right system can mean for him.

With ZT we have no system, no coaches who know a successful system, and the only coach on the Offensive side who seems to know anything is Turner of all people, the coach we all wanted gone for half the year, who had to teach ZT about a run game. .

We all want to see Joe succeed here, but truth is without Brady, we don't know which Joe we are going to get. And until we see which one we will get, losing out on Brady highlights the failure of the front office to do anything resembling trying to win or having a plan for this post Marvin era.

As it relates to the OP, if things are bad enough under Burrow to get ZT fired in the next two years, it's likely fans would have long turned on Burrow.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote