Poll: Would you trade Burrow for 5+ years of Belichick
Yes, give me Billy B running the show
No, I'll take the elite QB
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Would You Trade Burrow for Belichick?
(01-16-2020, 12:25 PM)Au165 Wrote: It's funny Jerry Jones tells the story about how after Belichick got fired when Cleveland moved he was out skiing in Colorado. He ran into Bill and Bill basically told him "hey if you need a coach I am your guy". Jerry Jones said didn't really consider him and kind of just went on, he says the rest is history. I don't think Bill Belichick would have been the same guy in Dallas with that owner either to be fair.

Completely agree. It was a perfect situation. Great coach, great owner who knew you have to spend money to make money, as well as a the best QB of all time. Jerry would probably have sank his career.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 12:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: Two decades with a great owner who gets him whatever he wants (Scouts/FA's/Staff/Facilities) while staying out of decision making. Two decades with arguably one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. Two decades of the rest of their division being completely inept. Yea there is such a thing as a two decade long perfect storm (which is partially responsible for) and it's why I don't think it translates to as easy as picking him up and moving him and having the same results. They may still be very good results, but I do not think they would be at the same level somewhere else at a different time with a different QB. 

The whole premise of the thread is that Belichick gets whatever he wants for 5 years with the Bengals. He calls all the shots.

The Dolphins and Bills have been bad for the last two decades, sure, but the Jets were actually quite good 2000-2010. In the 11 years spanning 2000 to 2010, the Jets had 8 winning seasons, went to the playoffs 6 times, and went to the AFC Championship game 2 times.

I'm not saying I expect Belichick will full control here would win 3 SBs in 5 years with the Bengals or anything, but I would expect multiple playoff wins, maybe an AFC Championship appearance or win. More than I expect Joe Burrow will get with Mike Brown running the show based off the last 30 years.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I take Bill all day everyday!
He would not come without total control - we would finally have a direction and the best at what he does. Not one of the best, but the best. Joe Burrow looks like a no miss player, but injury, or other circumstances could change that. Bill have a much lower risk of injury and he would build a winner.
Reply/Quote