Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chances Joe Brady is our next head coach?
Hypothetically speaking Taylor goes 4-12 or worse, Chances MB fires Taylor and replaces him with Brady?
Reply/Quote
Joe Brady just signed on with the Panthers. So chances are 0.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 08:24 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Joe Brady just signed on with the Panthers.  So chances are 0.

Im talking 2021 as head coach
Reply/Quote
Think he already signed as OC for the Panthers. Would have been a nice job for him here though. Not HC, But OC.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 08:28 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Im talking 2021 as head coach

In this case, still probably no. Mike is loyal and will give ZT more than 2yrs. Fans however are not.

Reply/Quote
My guess is, if MB/family see ZT as a failure, they probably would not go after a similar pedigree of a young offensive minded first time HC. They’d probably look for an older experienced former HC or longtime coordinator.
Reply/Quote
Actually that's what popped into my head soon as I heard he went to Carolina. I don't mean now, year or two down the road as HC,
Reply/Quote
I just hope ZT builds this up and leads us to the promise land. That would be the most ideal situation for all since he's already here and MB is loyal. I hope he becomes a HOF coach with us.
Reply/Quote
It's a real shame that we didn't bring him in here to be our OC. How nice would that have been to see us be a little proactive and make this move? How excited would have this board been if this news broke here? It would have absolutely dominated the boards. Even cynics like me would've taken pause and thought "ok, that sounds promising, maybe we really do have a plan..."

Alas, we're left with nothing. Because of course we couldn't have shown the least bit of creativity, or urgency, or accountability, or pick your word choice or complaint. Of course we did nothing, and of course a team like Carolina steps up and makes a move that would've wonders with our fanbase.

Last place in the league @ 2-14, who had a real shot at 0-16... whatchya got?

Well, let's keep the same GM and front office structure. Sure, sounds great. And let's be sure to keep the same head coach. Awesome. And let's keep the same head scout. Fantastic. Now you are really cooking with fire. OC. Let's stay pat. DC, why the heck not, keep him too.

Keep them all. Don't fire anyone. Don't make any changes. Freakin fantastic.

The crazy thing is, even though we most likely need a number of big changes, even just a few relatively minor, expected ones would go such a long way in building confidence and excitement.

If this team were to have hired Brady, announced the addition of a handful of scouts, signed a couple of mid-level free agents, and tossed something as minor as new uniforms this place would be on fire with positivity.Even I would start to maybe get my hopes up a little. And these are not new GM, new HC, new practice facility, new 100 mil FA level moves.

He made perfect sense here. It's just horribly frustrating to see us just sit on our hands and do nothing. Nothing ever changes. Same old, same old. God, I hate our Front Office.

Rant Mad Argh
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 09:34 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It's a real shame that we didn't bring him in here to be our OC. How nice would that have been to see us be a little proactive and make this move? How excited would have this board been if this news broke here?  It would have absolutely dominated the boards. Even cynics like me would've taken pause and thought "ok, that sounds promising, maybe we really do have a plan..."

Alas, we're left with nothing. Because of course we couldn't have shown the least bit of creativity, or urgency, or accountability, or pick your word choice or complaint. Of course we did nothing, and of course a team like Carolina steps up and makes a move that would've wonders with our fanbase.

Last place in the league @ 2-14, who had a real shot at 0-16... whatchya got?

Well, let's keep the same GM and front office structure. Sure, sounds great. And let's be sure to keep the same head coach. Awesome. And let's keep the same head scout. Fantastic. Now you are really cooking with fire. OC. Let's stay pat. DC, why the heck not, keep him too.

Keep them all. Don't fire anyone. Don't make any changes. Freakin fantastic.

The crazy thing is, even though we most likely need a number of big changes, even just a few relatively minor, expected ones would go such a long way in building confidence and excitement.

If this team were to have hired Brady, announced the addition of a handful of scouts, signed a couple of mid-level free agents, and tossed something as minor as new uniforms this place would be on fire with positivity.Even I would start to maybe get my hopes up a little. And these are not new GM, new HC, new practice facility, new 100 mil FA level moves.

He made perfect sense here. It's just horribly frustrating to see us just sit on our hands and do nothing. Nothing ever changes. Same old, same old. God, I hate our Front Office.

Rant  Mad  Argh

Why do all of that...  when you have a HC who really hasn't achieved ANYTHING that can be attributed to his own merits even at the collegiate level?

C'mon man.  Who needs to win when you can be napping or skiing in the Alps?

At least the team still tried and only lost most games by a little bit.  Stay positive !
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 08:40 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: My guess is, if MB/family see ZT as a failure, they probably would not go after a similar pedigree of a young offensive minded first time HC. They’d probably look for an older experienced former HC or longtime coordinator.

Meaning Darrin Simmons.

Wouldn't be against it either, really like Simmons. Best coach we have from what I have seen.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 09:43 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Why do all of that...  when you have a HC who really hasn't achieved ANYTHING that can be attributed to his own merits even at the collegiate level?

C'mon man.  Who needs to win when you can be napping or skiing in the Alps?

At least the team still tried and only lost most games by a little bit.  Stay positive !

Joe Burrow man, come on. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 08:06 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Hypothetically speaking Taylor goes 4-12 or worse, Chances MB fires Taylor and replaces him with Brady?

Can we just stop with the whole Joe Brady bullshit? Nobody gave a crap about him till about month ago and now he's the flavor of the month.......
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 08:48 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I just hope ZT builds this up and leads us to the promise land. That would be the most ideal situation for all since he's already here and MB is loyal. I hope he becomes a HOF coach with us.

While I'm no ZT fan at all, I have to agree that it's better to hope that ZT turns into a good coach and quickly. So far he's been anything but that, but Mike Brown isn't one to move off a plan even when it's an obvious failure (witness model model).

So given that ZT is here and will be here I'd rather hope for a miracle than be hopeless.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 09:59 PM)BengalChris Wrote: While I'm no ZT fan at all, I have to agree that it's better to hope that ZT turns into a good coach and quickly. So far he's been anything but that, but Mike Brown isn't one to move off a plan even when it's an obvious failure (witness model model).

So given that ZT is here and will be here I'd rather hope for a miracle than be hopeless.

He actually did something that impressed me this season. He changed our blocking scheme that wasn't working halfway through the season. That never happened before. It was always, players got to get better. The players never quit on him. 
Reply/Quote
That's exactly what we need!!! Someone who actually has less of a clue of what it takes to be a HC than Zac.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
You typed in my quote.

He changed the blocking scheme to one that didn't work from one that made Mixon the conference's rushing leader. It took him half a season to change it back to one the players ran last season. That's not impressive.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 09:59 PM)BengalChris Wrote: While I'm no ZT fan at all, I have to agree that it's better to hope that ZT turns into a good coach and quickly. So far he's been anything but that, but Mike Brown isn't one to move off a plan even when it's an obvious failure (witness model model).

I hear ya.

My issue is...  why in the hell did a guy(ZT)that has never been a HC anywhere and a failure as an OC think he should try to do BOTH at the same time?

Step aside Zac.  Either let Callahan call plays or hire someone else to do it.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 10:16 PM)BengalChris Wrote: You typed in my quote.

He changed the blocking scheme to one that didn't work from one that made Mixon the conference's rushing leader. It took him half a season to change it back to one the players ran last season. That's not impressive.

And quite a while to get the TEs involved in the offense.  Not impressed.  Like at all.
Reply/Quote
The love show for Joe Brady on the board is getting a little ridiculous. People are acting like Burrow is going to need his hand held by his college coaches to be successful in the NFL. Either Burrow is good enough to draft #1 or he isn't.
Reply/Quote