Poll: Chances MB excuses this season and reups Merv
0-25%
26-50%
51-75%
76-100%
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chances Mike Brown uses excuses to bring back Merv
What do you think are the chances that Brown excercises the team's option on Merv and keeps him back and uses excuses (i.e. injuries, playing well against good teams like the Chargers, etc.) as reasons for letting Merv finish out his contract?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
2010, 2013, 2015, 2017. 

Mike had very good reasons and perfect opportunities to get rid of Marvin after each of these years. Instead, Marvin got 2 new contracts and 2 contract extensions. 

In Mike's mind, he's always had good reasons and excuses to bring Marvin back. I can't see this time being any different, even though I sure as hell hope it is.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 05:00 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: 2010, 2013, 2015, 2017. 

Mike had very good reasons and perfect opportunities to get rid of Marvin after each of these years. Instead, Marvin got 2 new contracts and 2 contract extensions. 

In Mike's mind, he's always had good reasons and excuses to bring Marvin back. I can't see this time being any different, even though I sure as hell hope it is.

Exactly right.

I think Merv comes back if he wants to, and if he wants to, there will be excuses.  If HE decides he is done, then Hue Jackson will be your next HC.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Very, very High

The only real chance we have to get rid of Merv is if he quits on his own. Would you walk away from $$millions$$ with no responsibility ?
Reply/Quote
100%

"We were 4-1 before we got decimated with injuries. Just an unfortunate year. Give it another go in 2019."
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Honestly I’d take merv for one more year if it meant Hue would find a gig elsewhere and not be the head coach for the next 15.
Reply/Quote
Injuries..
Reply/Quote
Wow! I'm the only one to pick 26-50%. Stunning!

Do I win something?

Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis should have been given a pink slip in 2007, 2008, 2010, 2016, and 2017. The chances of him being fired after 2018 are slim and none -- and slim just left town.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 08:31 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Wow! I'm the only one to pick 26-50%. Stunning!

Do I win something?

As soon as they start giving out awards for being completely wrong we will get you one. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I don’t really need the CYA 76-99% gives. It’s 100%
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 05:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: Exactly right.

I think Merv comes back if he wants to, and if he wants to, there will be excuses.  If HE decides he is done, then Hue Jackson will be your next HC.

Yep. The only way Marvin is gone is if he doesn't want to come back.

But, IF he is getting paid $6 million a year...he'll likely come back.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 11:44 PM)michaelsean Wrote: As soon as they start giving out awards for being completely wrong we will get you one. LOL

LOL, you very well could be right. But can hope that Merv will be gone, can't I?

Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2018, 03:13 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So, in summary, if the players would just do a better job everything will be alright ?

I'm telling you Merv is a genius !
Reply/Quote