Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changes are desperately needed
Like most of you, I’m a die hard bengals fan. Like all if you, I’m done paying the admission to seeing amovie I’ve seen 10 million times hoping the ending changes, but it never happens.

1. Our new and improved defense.....sucks. I knew the damn game plan coming into this game and yet we didn’t execute. Clap....clap....clap. All year long we have seen Jackson makes plays with his legs and very few with his arm yet he torches us today in typical bungle fashion. Pass rush a very little upgrade from last week.

2. Bill lazor-sorry man the writing is on the wall, hue is back after winning 2 games in 3 years in Cleveland, we need to really settle back into mediocrity. They say receivers are a dime a dozen, that maybe true unless you have Andy dalton as a quarterback. He had plenty of time today and couldn’t make much happen. We need mixon more involved if aj can’t play. Cj and Boyd played well today, as did mixon. Cody Core sucks and if his ass is still a bungle after this game then they are really trying hard to be extremely mediocre

3. Michael johnson&cody core- time to move on it’s been a good career Michael but you can’t get it done anymore. Core you never had it. You had a chance to totally redeem your bad week, two weeks ago and sucked at the biggest point of the game, and you chocked. You could also add bullock to this list, if it’s over 45 yards, don’t expect him to make it. I knew he had zero chance of making that long field goal. Mediocrity at its finest

4. I’m done getting my hopes up on sundays only to have my dreams dashed by another 3 and long completion by the bungles opponents. I will still watch every game but temper my expectations greatly. Until something is done with Marvin or the Mikey going out to pasture, we will continue to be mediocre and embarrassing on days like today
Reply/Quote
Pretty much agree, except for pass rush. Jackson is just fast and great at scrambling.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:37 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Pretty much agree, except for pass rush. Jackson is just fast and great at scrambling.

I agree, but he’s a rookie starting his first game, you need to put pressure on him and make him beat you with his arm. There’s no excuse for not doing that today
Reply/Quote
We can't stop the run. Plain and simple. 265 yards rushing against the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
Our defense is atrocious but i did see some minor improvement and hope Marvin can fix the issues.

Lasor needs to be much more creative and get Ross and Mixon more touches. These are dynamic players, you need to get them schematically open.

Andy Dalton is not very good without AJ Green.

That's about it.
Reply/Quote
The major change we need is Marvin gone ! Until that happens little else matters.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:52 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The major change we need is Marvin gone ! Until that happens little else matters.

I think it goes farther than that!

Marvin needs to move on - I am not a hater and think he did a great job changing the atmosphere from the Bungals. he was able to get many wins and several appearances in the playoffs, but game has changed and he has not.

Bill Lazor - ummmm no

Hugh Jackson - ummmmm no

Jim Haslett - ummmmm no

The game is becoming more of an offensive game due to rule changes. This is not something that is going to change in the near future, it is time to hire someone from the Andy Reid, or Shawn payton tree. We can no longer be conservative. We can no longer not effectively manage downs, the clock, our players.

Gio - while I love him, you don't pay that money to a back up that rarely gets the ball. Send him packing or trade
Burfict - Gone just not producing and can't be counted on to be on field
Andy - time to move on - you can't pay that money for what you are getting. 

time to cut ties and start building through your lines - Spend your money in the trenches 
Reply/Quote
Our GM hasn't won a playoff game in 27+ years...
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 08:32 PM)hotweales Wrote: I think it goes farther than that!

Marvin needs to move on - I am not a hater and think he did a great job changing the atmosphere from the Bungals. he was able to get many wins and several appearances in the playoffs, but game has changed and he has not.

Bill Lazor - ummmm no

Hugh Jackson - ummmmm no

Jim Haslett - ummmmm no

The game is becoming more of an offensive game due to rule changes. This is not something that is going to change in the near future, it is time to hire someone from the Andy Reid, or Shawn payton tree. We can no longer be conservative. We can no longer not effectively manage downs, the clock, our players.

Gio - while I love him, you don't pay that money to a back up that rarely gets the ball. Send him packing or trade

time to cut ties and start building through your lines - Spend your money in the trenches 

Id be all for it. Love vontaze the most but the leagues after him and hes injury prone.
Reply/Quote
Can't we just make no changes and blame Terrel Owens again?
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:10 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Like most of you, I’m a die hard bengals fan. Like all if you, I’m done paying the admission to seeing amovie I’ve seen 10 million times hoping the ending changes, but it never happens.

1. Our new and improved defense.....sucks. I knew the damn game plan coming into this game and yet we didn’t execute. Clap....clap....clap. All year long we have seen Jackson makes plays with his legs and very few with his arm yet he torches us today in typical bungle fashion. Pass rush a very little upgrade from last week.

This is called relying on AJ Green too much.....we look incompetent when he's not playing......

2. Bill lazor-sorry man the writing is on the wall, hue is back after winning 2 games in 3 years in Cleveland, we need to really settle back into mediocrity. They say receivers are a dime a dozen, that maybe true unless you have Andy dalton as a quarterback. He had plenty of time today and couldn’t make much happen. We need mixon more involved if aj can’t play. Cj and Boyd played well today, as did mixon. Cody Core sucks and if his ass is still a bungle after this game then they are really trying hard to be extremely mediocre

Yes but also see #1 and a weak O-Line

3. Michael johnson&cody core- time to move on it’s been a good career Michael but you can’t get it done anymore. Core you never had it. You had a chance to totally redeem your bad week, two weeks ago and sucked at the biggest point of the game, and you chocked. You could also add bullock to this list, if it’s over 45 yards, don’t expect him to make it. I knew he had zero chance of making that long field goal. Mediocrity at its finest

and Dre K, and Vontaze and Marvin

4. I’m done getting my hopes up on sundays only to have my dreams dashed by another 3 and long completion by the bungles opponents. I will still watch every game but temper my expectations greatly. Until something is done with Marvin or the Mikey going out to pasture, we will continue to be mediocre and embarrassing on days like today

expect to be disappointed has become the Bengals way
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 08:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Can't we just make no changes and blame Terrel Owens again?

Get your popcorn ready
Popcorn
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:52 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The major change we need is Marvin gone ! Until that happens little else matters.

Very much agree. My hopefulness from season to season is limited to only that which is most possible under Lewis -- which is a solid, entertaining regular season. That seems to be the apex of what can be wished for. I wish that we could realistically wish for more.
Reply/Quote
Until there is a major change at the top anything else is window dressing. By the time anything of substance happens we will have wasted A.J., geno, Dunlap and whatever dalton is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

Bill Lazor - ummmm no

Hugh Jackson - ummmmm no

Jim Haslett - ummmmm no

Reply/Quote

Bill Lazor - ummmm no

Hugh Jackson - ummmmm no

Jim Haslett - ummmmm no

Reply/Quote