Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing of the Guard ? Defense
(09-21-2015, 05:07 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: If he was there at 32 we would be stupid not to pick him up. He's one of the better players coming out of the draft right now.

We'd break not one, but two narratives with that selection. Being a Bengals fan, I don't know what a competent athletic LB looks like, it's like reading Chinese watching Kuechly, David and Collins play.

Why we don't appreciate open field tackling is a mystery.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 12:26 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Defense looks pretty good. Our LB's do not. I think that's where most of the runs came from was just poor recognition, tackling and play. Really, really need Burfict back to stop those gashing runs.

I think our LBs will be a strong suit for us once Burfict gets back and Dawson starts getting more defensive snaps. I think our starting LBs by the end of the year will be Vontaze, Dawson and Rey. Not a bad starting unit and not too shabby backups either. The Bengals are fine as long as they stay healthy and Dalton stays consistent. Iloka is really becoming a top 5 SS in the league as well.
Reply/Quote
The Steelers defense has not looked good for several years now. Tomlin has decided that defense doesn't matter.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 12:26 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Defense looks pretty good. Our LB's do not. I think that's where most of the runs came from was just poor recognition, tackling and play. Really, really need Burfict back to stop those gashing runs.

I love Reggie Nelson, but he did not wrap up ball carriers 3 times allowing them to run thru his one on one tackles. I hope it was because he did not practice much due to a  tight hamstring last week.

Yes, the LBERs need to play better, yet our run defense is not too shabby overall against 2 teams who can run the ball the Chargers and the Raiders.

I know people love to trash Rey M. But, I suggest you look up our team stats against the run when he plays (not hurt) versus when he is healthy. The facts say the Bengals are a whole lot better with him than without him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote