Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing point in the game
Was Jamar Chase getting in the ref's ear about the holding. Davis was holding Chase the entire time up until that play, and getting more and more blatant about it. I think the ref was just letting them play, but he obviously missed the jersey pull. Then on the next play where Chase got mugged he actually threw a flag. Then again on the facemask. After that, they stopped the holding and our WR's started making plays.
Reply/Quote
The only way they stopped Chase 1 on 1 was by fouling him. Seemed like 2 of his 3 drops were uncalled penalties.
Reply/Quote
It helped. Counting the facemask as a form of PI they missed no fewer than 6 PIs on our receivers.

But as to changing point? It probably has to be the strip sack on Brady.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Flowers interception. The offense kind of kicked it into gear.
Reply/Quote
That dumb fake punt try was what turned it to me. How could Gio have been so fooled?
Reply/Quote
Halftime
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 10:11 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: That dumb fake punt try was what turned it to me. How could Gio have been so fooled?

Maybe he forgot what time he played for, for a second.
Reply/Quote
The drive before half time showed we could cut em open even if it only ended with 3 we were rolling.

The turnover on downs spooked them and we never let them recover, I’m sure the media will portray that the Bucs beat themselves but the defence was lethal in the 2nd half and offence did what they had to do we won’t play many defences as tough as that rest of the season including the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
The fake punt muff was what started it all IMO
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 10:11 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: That dumb fake punt try was what turned it to me. How could Gio have been so fooled?

This was my pick as well. But we only got a FG out of it. 

Then we had the stupid KO return, Flowers pick, the holding penalty that wiped out the huge sack on 4th down, Higgins TD, the strip sack, the Boyd TD/Tee 2pt (in the lead), Brady fumble, Chase TD. 

I'd rate the holding penalty #2. 
Reply/Quote

Gio was a smart player, so I’m gonna blame it on that inept coaching staff
Reply/Quote
I'd have to go back and look. But there was a play on the first bucs drive of the 2nd half. Were Brady dropped back and where in the 1st half he would've thrown to a wide open somebody. But instead he sat back for a sec and then looked like he was about to run and then remembered he's Tom Brady and not Justin Fields. So he hung in and managed to avoid a sack but then threw incomplete. I definitely had a twinkle on that play that we changed something in our coverage that was giving him pause.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 09:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: It helped. Counting the facemask as a form of PI they missed no fewer than 6 PIs on our receivers.

But as to changing point? It probably has to be the strip sack on Brady.

6 is being generous, if they weren't grabbing receivers our dline was being held every play as well.

Reply/Quote
I'd say the 4 turnovers and pressure on Brady helped some.
Reply/Quote
Halftime.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 10:17 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Gio was a smart player, so I’m gonna blame it on that inept coaching staff

Yeah I'm thinking that wasn't communicated properly. Plus Gio hasn't even been active that long maybe 3 weeks?
Reply/Quote

Gio was thinking, why he left and we have some pretty sic uniforms!!
Reply/Quote
After halftime we would’ve come back against ANY team in the league

Lou’s D was just too strong
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Perine staying in the field of play to force the field goal to force the final time out and kick a field goal to end the half. You could see on Burrow's face that he was pissed and was ready to get the rally going. Pretty sure he had some choice words for everyone in the locker room, and everyone came out balling.
Reply/Quote
My vote goes to the defensive holding call where Burrow got sacked for 25 yards.

I hope Burrow saw the defensive holding flag and tried to create... if not that may of been his worst play in a long time.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote