Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chaos
Lol, need I say anything more about this clown formation that lost yards every snap we ran it this week? I love how the broadcasters hyped it up too, "oh here it is, chaos" Lol... I'm thinking here it is a 4 yard loss. Joke
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 10:19 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Lol, need I say anything more about this clown formation that lost yards every snap we ran it this week?  I love how the broadcasters hyped it up too, "oh here it is, chaos"  Lol... I'm thinking here it is a 4 yard loss.  Joke

Its such a dumb formation... Everyone knows its going to be a screen. Zampese isn't fooling anyone.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The only way it will end is when a DE or CB finally jumps it for a pick 6.

Will say, a nice new wrinkle would be Andy keeping it up the middle. He had a huge hole on one of those "chaos" plays.

I like how Gruden and company call it the "Daffy Duck" lol
Reply/Quote
I was just waiting for the pump fake to the screen and throw one deep. Never happened. Everyone knows it is a screen. The DB is jumping it every time.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 10:27 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The only way it will end is when a DE or CB finally jumps it for a pick 6.

Will say, a nice new wrinkle would be Andy keeping it up the middle. He had a huge hole on one of those "chaos" plays.

I like how Gruden and company call it the "Daffy Duck" lol

I thought we were gonna get that when the DE/OLB (kerrigan?) got his hands on one of them.

I like the fact that the DC has to at least account for it but you need to throw in some variation otherwise as 'Chaos' goes its actually pretty predictable.

Similar to the wildcat we used to run...when Sanu threw it a fair bit (like vs Wash previously) it was great. When at the end every one of those formation plays turned into Sanu keeping it and maybe just about turning it into positive yardage it become more of a risk
Reply/Quote
It's one more thing the opponent has to practice for. The announcers even mentioned Washington practing for it this week. Any time spent on a gimmick formation like that by the opponent is less time spent preparing for our real offense and any wrinkles we may use. That alone makes this worth it, plus just last week we got a nice gain on 1st play of the game with it so don't act like it's been garbage for us
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think a better use of the term "chaos" is to describe our coverage on pass plays and one of the worst games I have ever seen on blown tackle after blown tackle.

The best strategy for this team is to get a top 10 draft pick, get a new coach to clean house, and start over with some truly good players like Dalton and Green and re-build team.

We have gone from a top 5 defense to a bottom 5 defense. Combine that with an average to below average O line and there is no chance for this team to win Super Bowl this season, even assuming we could make the playoffs in a down year for AFC North.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's a waste of time, much like the members of our coaching staff this season.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see a motion action off of it, maybe move one of the "off the line" guys on the "heavy" side motion to the other side flipping the formation basically and adding a new wrinkle. They have seen it as is which lets them pre plan how to account for each guy, but when you motion inside the play you make them adjust on the fly. You can then use that motion as more of a swing pass rather than a quick screen which gets your player moving before he catches allowing them to accelerate quicker. Also that motion could add a read option element in the box with Andy if the numbers dictate it.

I am okay with the formation, but we need to expand on it.
Reply/Quote
I too would like to see some variations on the scheme such as motion or a fake screen pass.  I'd also like to see a conventional 5-lineman set, and 1 or two tight ends where we go empty with a diamond formation on one side for a possible screen and AJ single up on the other side.  You could throw the screen Gio on the diamond side or almost any route to AJ if he's one on one without a safety.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote