Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapman to the Yankees
Reds trade Chapman to the Yankees.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14454106/reds-deal-closer-aroldis-chapman-yankees
Reply/Quote
Got the Yanks #6 and 10 prospects. Might have gotten the heir apparent at 3rd base in the Jagielo kid. The word on Davis is he might be a pretty good closer or a 3-5 starter, big power arm, but lacks secondary pitches.
Reply/Quote
these guys any good?
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:47 AM)magikod Wrote: these guys any good?

Maybe. They are still young and are still considered prospects.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 04:19 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Maybe. They are still young and are still considered prospects.

Well hopefully they can help out in the future. 

Seems like the team is in rebuild mode.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:47 AM)magikod Wrote: these guys any good?

Most of them are around the AA or AAA level I believe, so the jury is still out. Only person I would imagine making it is that Rookie Davis kid (on the 25 man roster).
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
http://web.yesnetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20151228&content_id=160596986&oid=0

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Wonder how these guys compared to the guys that they were supposed to get from the Dodgers.
Reply/Quote
Pet peeve alert: It bugs me to hear espn and the yankees media tear down the reds for not asking for more or getting more for AC in this trade.

Well we didn't want to trade him in the first place but due to the unfair salary structure in the sport (which is ruining the sport) we had to act as your AAA club like we always do and get rid of a player we could have built around for our own future.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Bunch of spoiled brats stealing our best players.

This sport sucks.........................................................................................

Ok, now I feel better.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 12:11 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Wonder how these guys compared to the guys that they were supposed to get from the Dodgers.

I'm no baseball genius, but they seem like rather average prospects to me.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 09:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm no baseball genius, but they seem like rather average prospects to me.

Yeah the Dodgers groups seemed like a better haul.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 10:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah the Dodgers groups seemed like a better haul.

I wonder why that deal didn't go through?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 10:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I wonder why that deal didn't go through?

No idea. I passively follow the Reds. I try and get down when they are in Miami.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 10:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I wonder why that deal didn't go through?

(12-31-2015, 06:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No idea.   I passively follow the Reds.   I try and get down when they are in Miami.

When the trade was about to go down, domestic violence allegations against Chapman came out. The Dodgers saw what came out and decided to back out of the deal.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 09:45 PM)tigerseye Wrote: Pet peeve alert: It bugs me to hear espn and the yankees media tear down the reds for not asking for more or getting more for AC in this trade.

Well we didn't want to trade him in the first place but due to the unfair salary structure in the sport (which is ruining the sport) we had to act as your AAA club like we always do and get rid of a player we could have built around for our own future.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Bunch of spoiled brats stealing our best players.

This sport sucks.........................................................................................

Ok, now I feel better.

Yea, I only passively follow baseball because a lack of a salary cap makes it inherently lack parity.

Makes it so hard for smaller markets to compete for more than 1 or 2 seasons. Every small market team tat wins the World Series tends to get blown up within 5 years, depending on the contracts of the star players.
Reply/Quote
It's a shame baseball is that way.

Love the Reds because they are our team but it's just so hard to be hardcore.
Reply/Quote