Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chargers Jersey in Gilberrys Locker?
I was watching this pointless video on NFL.com http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Locker-Room-Confidential--Wk-10/027c1b17-ff45-4721-8f95-cb8df7eb396b and noticed something strange.

Gilberry has a Chargers jersey in his locker...

He was born and raised in Alabama, and played there as well. Hasn't played for the Chargers... and I don't believe has relatives that play for the team.

So what is the story behind this mysterious jersey in his locker? Did he get a signed Phillip Rivers jersey and just never moved it out of this locker after we beat them? I found it strange... I don't know if anyone has any insight on this, but thought it was an interesting topic.

I've always been OK with players trading jerseys, as long as it wasn't a division rival, or after the super bowl or something. Maybe that explains it.
Reply/Quote
Players trading jerseys is the most likely answer. Dj fluker maybe, he's a bama product. Shrug.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 09:06 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Players trading jerseys is the most likely answer.   Dj fluker maybe, he's a bama product.   Shrug.

Possibly... just find it funny its STILL in his locker so many weeks later.

I like to analyze them unthunk variables Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 09:06 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Players trading jerseys is the most likely answer.   Dj fluker maybe, he's a bama product.   Shrug.

This. Players trade jerseys all the time. It's odd that he hasn't taken it home by now, but I'm not worried about it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote