RD 1 PK 2 SFF- MITCHELL TRUBISKY/QB
RD 1 PK 3 CHI- JONATHAN ALLEN/DT
RD 1 PK 4 JAX- LEONARD FOURNETTE
RD 1 PK 5 TEN-MARSHON LATTIMORE/CB
RD 1 PK 6 NYJ- DESHAUN WATSON
RD 1 PK 7 LAC-

JAMAL ADAMS/S
[Image: 30519243525_37b68b5cef_o-902x656.jpg]
Toggles between patient and urgent in treks to the ball. Plays off blockers. Approaches target with open arms and wide, balanced base to limit escape routes. Intelligent field general. Gets secondary aligned properly. Plays with plus balance in coverage. Pattern reader who can digest combinations. Alert for misdirection keys from offense. Party crasher on screen plays. Can handle coverage responsibilities against tight ends.

MALIK HOOKER/S
[Image: hi-res-276f3855ac070bed991d3626f480084b_...h=430&q=85]
Always active and in constant on-field search for optimal positioning. Hyper-aware of incoming targets to his area. Just as comfortable from "robber" spot as high safety. Mirrors quarterback’s eyes to challenge the passing lane. Very rarely takes a false step. Has loose hips for sudden stop-start to cover in space. Great ball skills. Earned most of his seven interceptions in 2016. Can range over the top to challenge the deep ball. Chooses path to the football over path to the man.

SOLOMON THOMAS/DE
[Image: Solomon-Thomas-USC-Stanford-77-696x424.jpg]
Powerful for his size. Shows ability to win with power or quickness. Outstanding athleticism. Fluid in his play. Transitions from move to move. Unpredictable pass rush. Attacks both the edges and can crank up a bull rush. Uses swipes, rips and arm-over to unlock his rush. Hands and feet work in unison. Has lightning-quick spin move he can access to unhinge from block and find new life in his rush. Violent disengagements from blocks leave no doubt blocker is whipped.

DEREK BARNETT/DE
[Image: derekbarnett-750x410.jpg]
Uses jab steps and lateral movement to search for the edge of the blocker. Has leverage and strength to play right through redirects. Elite production on par with former Vol and Hall of Famer Reggie White against run and as sack artist. Not content to just set the edge -- wants to make the play. Uses hand fighting and play strength to work through leverage points. Long strider who can crash down the line to challenge gap plays if unblocked. Punishing hitter.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hooker is a great fit for the Chargers here. They're switching to the Seattle defense and the most important player in that scheme is a single high safety.

Let me add that I believe Adams may be the better overall player and prospect, but Hooker is the type of guy who comes along every 5 years who has the prototype free safety skill set, and I think that is valuable to a team that is changing to this particular scheme.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
I voted hooker.

I would leave the same players up for Carolina. Add Howard and Davian cook.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Adams in my opinion.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I went with Thomas. The Chargers would be absolutely chomping at the bit (pun intended Tongue ) to pair this guy with Joey Bosa for years to come. That'd be a scarey pass rush! Plus he went to school closeby, it'd be a good pick for their PR department who could use some good news!
Reply/Quote