Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chargers to St. Louis?
Today in the news they're talking about the settlement St. Louis received over the Rams' relocation. It turns out there has been talk of moving the Chargers to St. Louis since 2019 when they were still playing at the dinky soccer stadium in Orange County CA. Such a move would put the Chargers closer to their rival Chiefs and Broncos, and they'd be able to stay in the West Division. There is no talk of a new stadium yet, but in the meantime they could play at the Edward Jones dome (or whatever it is called now). While not ideal, it beats the StubHub center and would be okay until a new stadium is built. Plus they could try one or two games at Busch during the warmer months. What do you think?
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 12:02 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Today in the news they're talking about the settlement St. Louis received over the Rams' relocation. It turns out there has been talk of moving the Chargers to St. Louis since 2019 when they were still playing at the dinky soccer stadium in Orange County CA. Such a move would put the Chargers closer to their rival Chiefs and Broncos, and they'd be able to stay in the West Division. There is no talk of a new stadium yet, but in the meantime they could play at the Edward Jones dome (or whatever it is called now). While not ideal, it beats the StubHub center and would be okay until a new stadium is built. Plus they could try one or two games at Busch during the warmer months. What do you think?

I'd like to see The Chargers relocate to STL. I know that fan base was crushed when the Rams left. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 03:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd like to see The Chargers relocate to STL. I know that fan base was crushed when the Rams left. 

umm, I live on LA and the Chargers just completed the constrution of state of the art facility in El Segundo...id say moving to St Louis is doubtful.
Speaking of fan bases, The San Diego fans were awsome and I feel really bad for them. They deserve another team.    
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 06:42 PM)kalibengal Wrote: umm, I live on LA and the Chargers just completed the constrution of state of the art facility in El Segundo...id say moving to St Louis is doubtful.
Speaking of fan bases, The San Diego fans were awsome and I feel really bad for them. They deserve another team.    

Agree about San Diego.  It was a damn shame when the Chargers moved.  There was such a tradition there.  Air Coryell was a thing of beauty to watch.  And, you just can't beat Dan Fouts whining about the Freezer Bowl  Cool

You can say "Los Angeles Chargers" until you're blue in the face and it will never sound right, no sir.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be surprised if the Chargers moved back to San Diego but ST.Louis is doubtful!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 06:42 PM)kalibengal Wrote: umm, I live on LA and the Chargers just completed the constrution of state of the art facility in El Segundo...id say moving to St Louis is doubtful.

If they did that, then they probably aren't gonna move. For seven years, I lived close to the intersection of the 15 and 91 freeways in Norco. One of the Chargers' best years while I was there the Patriots beat them in the first round and another year the Steelers beat them in the AFC championship in a freezer bowl style game. I guess they belong on the West Coast.
Reply/Quote
NFL is seeing way too much push back about these moves. It'll take more than a Brinks truck to get anything like that to happen. Chargers just moved and changed to the LA Chargers. Just a sports talk hot take for clicks, I'd venture.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 12:02 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Today in the news they're talking about the settlement St. Louis received over the Rams' relocation. It turns out there has been talk of moving the Chargers to St. Louis since 2019 when they were still playing at the dinky soccer stadium in Orange County CA. Such a move would put the Chargers closer to their rival Chiefs and Broncos, and they'd be able to stay in the West Division. There is no talk of a new stadium yet, but in the meantime they could play at the Edward Jones dome (or whatever it is called now). While not ideal, it beats the StubHub center and would be okay until a new stadium is built. Plus they could try one or two games at Busch during the warmer months. What do you think?

I think there would be a major Law Suit against The Chargers Owners AND The NFL, and The Chargers Owners AND The NFL would Lose a fortune of money, and rightfully so.  They just opened this New State of The Art Stadium for the Chargers.  It isn't even done with it's first season.  With so much Tax Payer Dollars Spent on this Stadium instead of on Schools, or on Homeless or other Needs, If Chargers would move to St Louis right after this stadium built near LA for them, then California Lawyers and Governor and all Elected Official should clobber The Chargers Owners and The NFL in The Courts and make them pay back every single penny spent on this new stadium just built near LA.  

This thing of Tax Payers having to build Super Rich Owners a Stadium is Bull anyway. I give credit to Green Bay, or Boston Red Sox, or Chicago Cubs in same stadiums for decades.  The Tax Payers should be getting sick and tired of all these teams wanting New Stadiums every few years at The Tax Payers Expense when The USA has so many other Needs.  It's total greed on the Rich Owners part, and The Tax Payers need to say, NO MORE.  

I hate to say it, but Paul Brown Stadium will soon reach the age Riverfront was. Bengals could move to St Louis and still be in AFC North with Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Cleveland and St Louis.   I don't want that, and I would NEVER root for The St Louis Bengals. 

If The Chargers move out of a Stadium the Tax Payers just built for them this year,  Lawyers should rain down thunder and lighting upon the Chargers and The NFL and make them pay Every Single Penny back to the Tax Payers that just built this new Stadium. For that is a kick in the pants to that areas schools, hospitals, homeless, workers to spend that much Tax Payer Money on a Stadium to be used only one year.  That would indeed be Taxation Without Representation.  They should throw the Chargers Owners in a California Prison until they pay back ever penny. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 01:17 AM)kevin Wrote: I think there would be a major Law Suit against The Chargers Owners AND The NFL, and The Chargers Owners AND The NFL would Lose a fortune of money, and rightfully so.  They just opened this New State of The Art Stadium for the Chargers.  It isn't even done with it's first season.  With so much Tax Payer Dollars Spent on this Stadium instead of on Schools, or on Homeless or other Needs, If Chargers would move to St Louis right after this stadium built near LA for them, then California Lawyers and Governor and all Elected Official should clobber The Chargers Owners and The NFL in The Courts and make them pay back every single penny spent on this new stadium just built near LA.  

This thing of Tax Payers having to build Super Rich Owners a Stadium is Bull anyway. I give credit to Green Bay, or Boston Red Sox, or Chicago Cubs in same stadiums for decades.  The Tax Payers should be getting sick and tired of all these teams wanting New Stadiums every few years at The Tax Payers Expense when The USA has so many other Needs.  It's total greed on the Rich Owners part, and The Tax Payers need to say, NO MORE.  

I hate to say it, but Paul Brown Stadium will soon reach the age Riverfront was. Bengals could move to St Louis and still be in AFC North with Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Cleveland and St Louis.   I don't want that, and I would NEVER root for The St Louis Bengals. 

If The Chargers move out of a Stadium the Tax Payers just built for them this year,  Lawyers should rain down thunder and lighting upon the Chargers and The NFL and make them pay Every Single Penny back to the Tax Payers that just built this new Stadium. For that is a kick in the pants to that areas schools, hospitals, homeless, workers to spend that much Tax Payer Money on a Stadium to be used only one year.  That would indeed be Taxation Without Representation.  They should throw the Chargers Owners in a California Prison until they pay back ever penny. 

The Rams use that stadium too... No?

Near as I can tell the Chargers don't even have any fans in LA. It always sounds like they're playing on the road.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 09:10 PM)jason Wrote: The Rams use that stadium too... No?

Near as I can tell the Chargers don't even have any fans in LA. It always sounds like they're playing on the road.

The Rams complained about the St Louis doomed Stadium, that looked like a good stadium.  Are the tax payers of St Louis suppose to buy another Stadium as if the doomed stadium wasn't good enough ?  Maybe St Louis tax payers don't want to get taxed for another stadium.  These Super Rich sports team owners wanting new stadiums faster and faster at Tax Payer expense is not in realm with Economic Disaster much of The USA is facing since Covid.  The day may and should be coming that Owners have to pay for their own stadiums, as they did in the old days. Crosley Field was built by Reds money and sponsor money.  All stadiums were.  Cities and States and taxpayers just have too many other needs than to keep putting all this money into Pro Stadiums.  If St Louis tax payers are not willing or able to build another expensive stadium, are The Chargers Owners ready to build a stadium in St Louis with their own money ?  The answer to that is NO, they aren't.  With the economic problems facing the USA, I think the Era of Rich Owners getting Tax Payer built stadiums may be coming to the end of the line.  Given the choice between Jobs, Schools, Housing, Hospitals. Police, Fire Dept OR a Stadium,  The New Stadium is the thing tax payers need The Least. 

If St Louis tax payers didn't get bullied into buying another new stadium for The Rams, why would they do it for the Chargers ?  I just don't see it happening. Also, I'm sure the Chargers are Legally Committed to playing years in this New Stadium.  If the Rams play there also, that does not release the Chargers from their Legal Contract.  The Chargers do have a problem with Raiders Games and more Raiders Fans, but other games aren't like that.  Hey, the Tampa Rays have a problem with more retired Yankee and Red Sox Fans.  It does not release Chargers Owners from Their Contract to play X amount of years in this new tax payer stadium.  I like sports as much as anybody, but not above all the working tax payers.  This is a nation of, by, for The People.  We The People.  Not a nation of, by, for the sports team owners. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Wow, Kevin. Yes, the Chargers should stay out there. It isn't that difficult to get from S.D. to that stadium, especially on a Sunday. My other thought is why didn't the Cardinals change their name to something reflecting their region better (Coyotes, Road Runners, Desert Storm).
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 09:06 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Wow, Kevin. Yes, the Chargers should stay out there. It isn't that difficult to get from S.D. to that stadium, especially on a Sunday. My other thought is why didn't the Cardinals change their name to something reflecting their region better (Coyotes, Road Runners, Desert Storm).

Probably due to tradition.   The Cardinals are one of the oldest continuously run professional football teams.  Some info from Wikipedia:

Quote:The team was established in Chicago in 1898 as an amateur football team and joined the NFL as a charter member on September 17, 1920. Along with the Chicago Bears, the club is one of two NFL charter member franchises still in operation since the league's founding (the Green Bay Packers were an independent team until they joined the NFL a year after its creation in 1921).

Quote:The team was known as the Racine Normals until 1901, when O'Brien bought used jerseys from the University of Chicago. He described the faded maroon clothing as "Cardinal red" and the team became the Racine Street Cardinals. The team eventually became in 1920 a charter member of the American Professional Football Association (APFA), which two years later was rechristened the National Football League (NFL). The team entered the league as the Racine Cardinals; however, the name was changed in 1922 to Chicago Cardinals to avoid confusion with the Horlick-Racine Legion, who entered the league the same year.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 09:06 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Wow, Kevin. Yes, the Chargers should stay out there. It isn't that difficult to get from S.D. to that stadium, especially on a Sunday. My other thought is why didn't the Cardinals change their name to something reflecting their region better (Coyotes, Road Runners, Desert Storm).

Ask the Utah Jazz
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
St. Louis was just given a huge settlement. They are not getting another team anytime soon.
Reply/Quote
St. Louis does not deserve a 3rd team, they have continued over the years to be very split between owner and city... they got a bunch of $$ no reason to move them. Besides CA lost the Raiders, i don;t see with the market of CA that the NFL would have them lose another team with the TV market out there
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 03:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ask the Utah Jazz

That one is made even worse by the horrible name of the replacement team in New Orleans, the Pelicans. Just a horrible horrible name.

The Lakers should have left their name in Minnesota (even though the Timberwolves is pretty cool), Vancouver Grizzlies move and become the Memphis Grizzlies (even though Grizzly bears are a Rocky Mountain and Northwest animal).

Teams that move should have to leave their name behind, like the original Browns (now Ravens) or the Oilers (now Titans), etc. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote