We got us a punt returner, boys.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Now we just need a PUNTER.
Reply/Quote
Sizzling nicely
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 09:50 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: We got us a punt returner, boys.

Yeah buddy! He had a nice catch as well on offense. Looks like a good pick so far.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's a bum..He didn't score a TD on every punt yesterday..We should have won by 50!  I demand a refund for all the stuff that I don't buy! Ninja
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Guess all he had to do was learn the speed of the game

Dude looks like an every punt threat now
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 10:03 AM)Housh Wrote: Guess all he had to do was learn the speed of the game

Dude looks like an every punt threat now

To my untrained eye he looked SLOW as hell week 1 (wet field?) but FAST as hell last night.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 09:52 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Now we just need a PUNTER.

Do people actually think this or is just one of those nonsensical reddit narratives that bleeds over to here from time to time? I'm fine with a 40 yard punt with 0 return yards vs a 50 yard punt with 10 return yards.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 02:50 PM)basballguy Wrote: Do people actually think this or is just one of those nonsensical reddit narratives that bleeds over to here from time to time?  I'm fine with a 40 yard punt with 0 return yards vs a 50 yard punt with 10 return yards.

You do realize that according to pretty much every analytic he is the worst punter in the league at the moment, correct? 

Even his own coaches were blasting him on the sidelines last week during the game. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Best PR since PAC-Man. He’s a threat now every time he touches it. Whoever was returning week 1 does not look the the Charlie Jones in week 2 and 3.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 02:52 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You do realize that according to pretty much every analytic he is the worst punter in the league at the moment, correct? 

Even his own coaches were blasting him on the sidelines last week during the game. 

Can't say it's an aspect I pay much attention to, hence the question.  :)

I haven't found myself constantly thinking "wow that was an awful punt"....one seemed questionable last night.  

If I go look at the stats, his distance seems balanced by the fact of a higher amount of fair catches and low return yards.  

I'm not emotionally tied to it one way or the other.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 02:55 PM)basballguy Wrote: Can't say it's an aspect I pay much attention to, hence the question.  :)

I haven't found myself constantly thinking "wow that was an awful punt"....one seemed questionable last night.  

If I go look at the stats, his distance seems balanced by the fact of a higher amount of fair catches and low return yards.  

I'm not emotionally tied to it one way or the other.  

Robbins had such good hangtime that the Rams were able to return only one ball all night and that was for only 3 yards (and that was a punt to the 5-yard line that was returned to only the 8-yard line because he had three defenders standing next to him, including between him and goal line, when he received the ball).

Look at how much space Charlie Jones had when he received the ball. He was able to run one back for 19 yards and might have broken a couple others given that when he received the ball no defender was near him.

I doubt the coaches were upset with Robbins last night, save perhaps the one punt that went off the side of his foot.
Reply/Quote
Chuck Sizzle is looking good so far. I want to see him get some snaps on offense too as he could be a terror on slants and working the flats.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 09:50 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: We got us a punt returner, boys.

Think we have more than a returner. I have a really good feeling about this dude. Think he can be a Wes Welker 2.0 dude has reliable hands, speed and smarts. Really pulling for him and the other WR we drafted.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 04:54 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Think we have more than a returner. I have a really good feeling about this dude. Think he can be a Wes Welker 2.0 dude has reliable hands, speed and smarts. Really pulling for him and the other WR we drafted.

They made Irwin inactive yesterday and I’m not sure if they will continue to do that. Could be because they needed the 3rd QB, but it could also mean Jones is starting to overtake him in practice. Jones provides more value right now due to his special teams anyway.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 02:50 PM)basballguy Wrote: Do people actually think this or is just one of those nonsensical reddit narratives that bleeds over to here from time to time? I'm fine with a 40 yard punt with 0 return yards vs a 50 yard punt with 10 return yards.

Bro he’s the worst punter in the league statistically i think

He’s been pretty bad. I think it’s nerves because he’s way better than what he’s showing us
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 04:55 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: They made Irwin inactive yesterday and I’m not sure if they will continue to do that. Could be because they needed the 3rd QB, but it could also mean Jones is starting to overtake him in practice. Jones provides more value right now due to his special teams anyway.

Agree, Kinda tough cause I liked Irwin and Trent. I just think Charlie is going to be something special. Would like to see him getting more reps on offense. We can move him around like we did with Chase (should be every game) really pulling for Andrei Iosivas too.
Reply/Quote
Jones showed up on the injury report with a thumb issue. Hopefully nothing too serious to keep him out of the return game next Sunday. Would also like to see more of him in the passing game to see if he can possibly replace Boyd in the slot next season. I could see then giving Boyd an extension moving him outside and letting Tee walk
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 02:50 PM)basballguy Wrote: Do people actually think this or is just one of those nonsensical reddit narratives that bleeds over to here from time to time? I'm fine with a 40 yard punt with 0 return yards vs a 50 yard punt with 10 return yards.

No. He’s literally the worst punter in the league through 3 weeks.

[Image: F69kXG9WcAA2igD?format=png&name=large]

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 02:52 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You do realize that according to pretty much every analytic he is the worst punter in the league at the moment, correct? 

Them coaches were the ones that kept him on the roster over other options so whos really to blame
Reply/Quote