Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chase
Trying to stay positive so I must say that Chase is still the man.
He’s the one I really felt bad for when they showed him after that blocked PAT. You could just see the frustration on his face.
Aside from one drop he was awesome again and almost got that toe down on that great grab in the end zone.

His teammates and coaches really let him down.
Reply/Quote
Yes, Chase was one of the few positives about yesterday.

We know last year's numbers will be far harder to reproduce. Defences will plan around Chase as a priority and they'll have had an offseason to get ready for him.

So for Chase's numbers to be good, and more importantly, him to be important in the clutch... is good news.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 11:47 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: His teammates and coaches really let him down.

Didn't his taunting penalty after a failed 4th down play help the Steelers get in range to at least make us sweat with what ended up being a thud of a FG attempt?  Chase balls out, but that was a bit of a stain on his report card for the day...well that and any sort of taunting after a failed play.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What Chase did yesterday was particularly impressive considering how bad Burrow was, and that all the attention was on him after Tee went out.

Dude is just an absolute stud. It’s become pretty much automatic that the first defender won’t make the tackle against him.

Reply/Quote
I absolutely love Chase, but missed a portion of the game. I heard someone mention he dropped a sure TD. Did that happen?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 12:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Didn't his taunting penalty after a failed 4th down play help the Steelers get in range to at least make us sweat with what ended up being a thud of a FG attempt?  Chase balls out, but that was a bit of a stain on his report card for the day...well that and any sort of taunting after a failed play.

Bad penalty for sure, but it wasn’t “taunting” in the traditional sense. It was really just an unsportsmanlike for grabbing dude’s mouthpiece and throwing it.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 12:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Didn't his taunting penalty after a failed 4th down play help the Steelers get in range to at least make us sweat with what ended up being a thud of a FG attempt?  Chase balls out, but that was a bit of a stain on his report card for the day...well that and any sort of taunting after a failed play.

The Steelers went three and out after the taunting call. Bengals got the ball back with about a minute and half left with two time outs.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 12:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I absolutely love Chase, but missed a portion of the game. I heard someone mention he dropped a sure TD. Did that happen?

it wasn't a sure TD. The throw was a little high, so don't know if it counted as a drop or not. With his speed, he had room to run and might well have been a TD. But not a sure TD. Not like the Thomas drop in the end zone.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 12:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I absolutely love Chase, but missed a portion of the game. I heard someone mention he dropped a sure TD. Did that happen?

Definitely wasn’t a “sure TD.”

Reply/Quote

No it didn't  lead to a FG attempt. It lead to a Steelers three and out.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Agree about Chase, but I'd add the defense to the positive side. They could've had more pressure, but they were put in some really bad positions due to the turnovers and managed to keep us within striking distance.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 12:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Definitely wasn’t a “sure TD.”

Thanks 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 12:22 PM)J24 Wrote: No it didn't  lead to a FG attempt. It lead to a Steelers three and out.

Ah ok fair enough.  Dumb and the timing was extra silly, so blemish on the report card but at least ***** Turdbiscuit and the Stoolers pooped the bed. So much off the wall crap happened during that 5 quarter fracas that it's hard to keep it all straight.
Reply/Quote
Hurst also impressed me. Early impressions are he’s an upgrade on CJ at least on receiving and it seemed like burrow Started to trust him in OT and him
Becoming a receiving threat can only be good for our receivers

But with reference to OP. I’m convinced chase is close to being and will definitely become the best receiver in the league. His YAC is so good.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 12:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ah ok fair enough.  Dumb and the timing was extra silly, so blemish on the report card but at least ***** Turdbiscuit and the Stoolers pooped the bed.  So much off the wall crap happened during that 5 quarter fracas that it's hard to keep it all straight.

You're a 1000% right though it shouldn't have happened. He needs to keep his cool especially against those bastards in yellow and black.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 02:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Just a complete stud really. Especially with Higgins out, Boyd out and joe not firing. That one handed grab that he was ruled out of bounds was absolutely incredible.
Reply/Quote
Btw, Chase said in the offseason one of his main goals was working on his conditioning and endurance to be able to always stay in the game. Well - he played 100% of the 100 offensive snaps in that game. And still looked just as fresh at the end. Kid is just an absolute freak.

Reply/Quote
He played phenomenally, and perhaps his best catch didn’t even count. The one where he stepped out of bounds by a centimeter was an absolutely beautiful catch.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote

No one likes an 'after the play' penalty, but the Steelers were barking and Chase straight up ripped the guys mouth piece off his helmet and threw it... I kind of liked him standing up to those assholes.  Bu....I would had preferred the ball at the one for the defense though...

Reply/Quote