Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trent Taylor
Here's a story from our local newspaper about Trent Taylor . The story was written about three years ago when Trent was still a member of the SF 49'ers.  Trent grew up in the same small southeastern KY town that I've lived a good portion of my life.  I remember watching him play flag football as a kid. His dad and I played were teammates on baseball and softball teams in the seventies.  

I love this Bengals team and I am excited about the playoffs. I can't help but think, however, that if Trent had been fielding punts for us one game sooner(SF game), we would be in position to claim the #1 seed with a win @ Cleveland this Sunday, regardless of the outcomes of any other games. No way we should have lost that Niner game. That game haunts me, along with the Jets game.

************************************************************************************************************

The second annual Southeastern Kentucky Middle School football camp by Corbin High School had a special guest from the NFL on Monday to inspire the young athletes. NFL wide receiver for the San Francisco 49ers, Trent Taylor, returned to his roots by speaking at the camp, because Corbin, Ky. is where it all started for him and his career.

“I can remember being where you all are at right now, in the same shoes going to camp and doing whatever I could, because I loved the game of football,” Trent Taylor said. “Growing up, I played all kinds of sports, but football was always my passion and what I loved to do. Luckily, I am still doing that today.”

“This is where I made all my first friends at, a place I always came back and visited and always loved,” Taylor said. “I watched all my cousins go through school here, always heard stories from my dad of playing here, so Corbin has always been a big part of my life. So it’s pretty cool to come back and do this.”

Taylor lived in Corbin until the second grade, before he moved to Louisiana, but he always still had a connection to Corbin.

“This is where my dad went to high school, all my uncles and cousins. So I always kept up with Corbin football, and it’s always been fun to watch,” Taylor said.

https://www.thetimestribune.com/sports/nfl-player-taylor-returns-to-roots-at-southeastern-kentucky-football-camp/article_a9f71a46-737d-11e8-bf0d-af3a03759721.html
Reply/Quote
Not just that game... Jets and Packers and even Chicago. We win two of those and we have the #1 seed locked already.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 05:51 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Not just that game... Jets and Packers and even Chicago. We win two of those and we have the #1 seed locked already.

I don’t think Trent Taylor would swing that many games in our favor bud
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 02:03 AM)Science Friction Wrote:  I can't help but think, however, that if Trent had been fielding punts for us one game sooner(SF game), we would be in position to claim the #1 seed 

I am not a huge Darius Phillips fan and I don't mean to bash Trent, but I have to point out that Taylor has fumbled multiple times in NFL games.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 10:06 AM)Sanforbd Wrote: I don’t think Trent Taylor would swing that many games in our favor bud

No.  I was speaking more of the whole team.  GB = missed FGs, 49ers = muffs, Chicago = turnovers, Jets = no defensive adjustment & a turnover late.

We could have easily won those without dumb errors.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 10:57 AM)EatonFan Wrote: No.  I was speaking more of the whole team.  GB = missed FGs, 49ers = muffs, Chicago = turnovers, Jets = no defensive adjustment & a turnover late.

We could have easily won those without dumb errors.

Without those errors, we couldn't get better. That's the way it works. Imagine saving all those errors for the playoffs!!!!
Reply/Quote
He was who I wanted as a returner/wr depth when we first signed him in preseason. He had some snafus in SF (notably as a returner), but had some moments sans the injuries.
Reply/Quote
He'd done a solid job for us since Phillips went out.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 10:16 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not a huge Darius Phillips fan and I don't mean to bash Trent, but I have to point out that Taylor has fumbled multiple times in NFL games.

Were they fumbles on kickoff or punt returns? Or were they as WR? 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 01:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Were they fumbles on kickoff or punt returns? Or were they as WR? 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylTr02.htm

So it appears he fumbled 1 time in 2017 and 1 more time in 2018 at WR. 

Under Kick & Punt Returns, I don't see fumbles as a category; however under Defense & Fumbles I see 1 fumble in 2017 and 1 fumble again in 2018.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote