Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase Brown to IR
As of yet no corresponding move to take his place on the 53. I would suspect that will happen next week when Charlie Jones is eligible to come off of IR

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Dalvin Cook wants to go somewhere he'll get used more. Not sure how much of the roster bonus we'd have to pay, but his base salary is reasonable.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2023, 03:19 PM)pally Wrote: As of yet no corresponding move to take his place on the 53.  I would suspect that will happen next week when Charlie Jones is eligible to come off of IR

I could see us just moving Jones into Brown's roster spot and leaving it open. All 4 RBs are rarely active. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2023, 03:19 PM)pally Wrote: As of yet no corresponding move to take his place on the 53.  I would suspect that will happen next week when Charlie Jones is eligible to come off of IR

You’re probably right. However, The RB room is pretty thin now for the next four weeks. They might surprise us and actually make a move before the trade deadline.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2023, 07:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dalvin Cook wants to go somewhere he'll get used more. Not sure how much of the roster bonus we'd have to pay, but his base salary is reasonable.

It wouldn't be bad to take a shot on him. I'm also interested in giving Uncle Lenny a shot for vet minimum, saving draft capital.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Get Perine
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Leonard Fournette would be a good pick up.
Reply/Quote
Id love to give Dalvin a shot as long as the Jets ask for the bare minimum in compensation. He could potentially break more runs than Mixon who seems to think 4 yards is the absolute max a runner can travel in 1 play.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
Lol @ all this Dalvin Cook talk. We have two other RBs in that room we don't use, what makes you think Cook gets carries / touches? No matter the price tag, even a 7th is too much.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2023, 11:02 PM)SladeX Wrote: Get Perine

I concur 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 06:11 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Lol @ all this Dalvin Cook talk. We have two other RBs in that room we don't use, what makes you think Cook gets carries / touches? No matter the price tag, even a 7th is too much.

And I thought the whole reason he wanted a trade in the first place is that he wasn’t getting enough touches? That’s why I doubt he’d be very happy here unless he was told he was going to be the main guy.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 08:40 AM)chrisball96 Wrote: And I thought the whole reason he wanted a trade in the first place is that he wasn’t getting enough touches? That’s why I doubt he’d be very happy here unless he was told he was going to be the main guy.
Absolutely. This was my first thought actually. He would sign and then disappear. We aren't a running team, Mixon barely gets 15 AP touches per game as is.

If an upgrade is sought and assets traded, I would hope it would be at 3T and TE.
Reply/Quote
Damien Williams is on the Cardinals practice squad and they have just used a 3rd call up on him.

Williams is a older version of Samaje Perine. A career 3rd down back that is a good pass protector and ok receiver. He doesn't offer much as a runner though and would just be a guy you can hand it off in short down and distance situations.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I see a trend of our drafts be unavailable when needed... like Trayveon Williams and past draftees. Keep the tradition going, Mr. Brown.
Reply/Quote