Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What If Bengals O Line is Great in 2024
If the Bengals OL is great this season, the next dynasty will have been born, years from now children will sing songs of the legend of the 740 Kid.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2024, 11:03 PM)Joelist Wrote: I used ESPN for the SF play by play and it worked out to being about 66% in the gun. That was a big change from the prior games in the season where they were in the gun 100% of the time. That's about where I expect them to land. No one has said they are going to go majority under center or majority run; just that they do plan to be more balanced than before. Also that they plan to break tendencies, which we saw against SF also. So where Burrow currently tends to pass out of RPO (one reason for all the screens) he may now run a bit more in them. The idea is to make the defense pause and read for a second instead of teeing off. 

If they can protect better then Joey B is more comfortable under center and the coaches. If you are going to be legit under center you have to be able to run the ball. There’s so many layers. Too many here think the staff is stubborn or stupid. The poor OL has dictated this offense for 5 years.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
If the Bengals OL is great, that will help, but I think one of the other big reasons that caused a problem last year was the run defense.
In the two deep postseason runs, the Bengals were 5th and 7th in rushing yards allowed. 13th and 9th in yards per attempt.
Last year though, they were 26th in rushing yards allowed, 30th in yards per attempt.

The run defense will also need to be solid for 2024 if the Bengals are going to be a Super Bowl contender again, IMO.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 10:54 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If the Bengals OL is great, that will help, but I think one of the other big reasons that caused a problem last year was the run defense.
In the two deep postseason runs, the Bengals were 5th and 7th in rushing yards allowed. 13th and 9th in yards per attempt.
Last year though, they were 26th in rushing yards allowed, 30th in yards per attempt.

The run defense will also need to be solid for 2024 if the Bengals are going to be a Super Bowl contender again, IMO.

That was the single most puzzling thing about last year. Our front 6 unchanged.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 10:54 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If the Bengals OL is great, that will help, but I think one of the other big reasons that caused a problem last year was the run defense.

True, it was bad last year stopping the run. Hopefully Lou gets this Defense to where they are communicating, taking better angles, tackling 
better and gang tackling with a lot of guys flying to the ball on run Defense. The Offense being on the field more and scoring more points 
should also help as teams might abandon the run earlier playing catch up. We will see, definitely need to see some major changes.
Reply/Quote