Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase Claypool, top 3 receiver!
https://www.nfl.com/news/steelers-chase-claypool-i-know-i-m-a-top-three-receiver-in-nfl

I had to blink when I saw the headline. Surely he was speaking about being in the top 3 on his own team.

Nope. Top 3 in the NFL.

Cooper Kupp. Justin Jefferson (or Ja'Marr, take your pick). Chase Claypool.

I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or go take a hot steamy dump.
Reply/Quote
I think it's a very reasonable belief for Chase to have that he's a top 3 receiver on the Steelers' roster.

He must have just misspoke. I'm sure he'll clarify in the morning.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 10:32 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/steelers-chase-claypool-i-know-i-m-a-top-three-receiver-in-nfl

I had to blink when I saw the headline.  Surely he was speaking about being in the top 3 on his own team.

Nope.  Top 3 in the NFL.

Cooper Kupp.  Justin Jefferson (or Ja'Marr, take your pick).  Chase Claypool.

You really think this kind of mindset is unusual among wide receivers?  It's not exactly a position known for being a hotbed of humility.  
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 12:00 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You really think this kind of mindset is unusual among wide receivers?  It's not exactly a position known for being a hotbed of humility.  

We can have Von Bell scare his ass outta town like he did Juicy Juice if you want ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 12:00 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You really think this kind of mindset is unusual among wide receivers?  It's not exactly a position known for being a hotbed of humility.  

Thanks, you made my decision easier.  Going with the hot steamy dump.
Reply/Quote

Most receivers aren't THAT delusional............ but I guess being a Steelers player kind of does have an effect on a player's judgement......... kind of like "I bet that college girl wants my bodyguards to force her into the bathroom where I can rape her!"

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

"JS."  That you, JuJu?  We're all wondering if you're going to do your little whatever it is on our logo Dec. 4.  Vonn Bell is especially curious.
Reply/Quote

Maybe times have changed. "like going from black and white to color tv". 

Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
i Guess if he only knows 3 WRs in the NFL he would be Top 3....

Top WRs usually get Lined up Quickly to help their team when the clock is running out.
Reply/Quote

At this point I'm almost willing to forgive this guy for his egregious excuse-making.  Years of dealing with Antonio Brown's ever-flapping mouth have warped his perspective on what's acceptable.

And to CC, regarding your statement "I know I'm not normal" -- no, you're not.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 01:41 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: "JS."  That you, JuJu?  We're all wondering if you're going to do your little whatever it is on our logo Dec. 4.  Vonn Bell is especially curious.

The "JS" part of my screen name is seriously outdated.  It came from a town I used to live in ... fifteen years ago.  

Besides, if I was THAT guy, wouldn't it be "JJSS-Steelerfan"?
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 02:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Maybe times have changed. "like going from black and white to color tv". 

Cool

Comparing OC to CC is not an effective way to make the point that things have changed ... 
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 03:09 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Comparing OC to CC is not an effective way to make the point that things have changed ... 

I'm just comparing goofy WRs and their silly mindsets and how things really never change.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 06:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm just comparing goofy WRs and their silly mindsets and how things really never change.

[Image: ed7df9081fa8a357d5b02907315647d0109a869c.gif]
Reply/Quote
Isn't the purpose of smack to bust balls? I don't think you're busting anyone's balls here. We're all in agreement here, both Bengals and Steeler fans alike, that this is ridic.

[Image: leslie-nielsen-nothing-to-see-here.gif]

so yeah....
Reply/Quote

He will probably change his name to "CLay Chase" just to get closer to the guy he is jealous of 
Reply/Quote
Mother ***** is barely a top 3 receiver on his team.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 10:32 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/steelers-chase-claypool-i-know-i-m-a-top-three-receiver-in-nfl

I had to blink when I saw the headline.  Surely he was speaking about being in the top 3 on his own team.

Nope.  Top 3 in the NFL.

Cooper Kupp.  Justin Jefferson (or Ja'Marr, take your pick).  Chase Claypool.

I've been practicing Fantasy Mock Drafts.  Sometimes I can get Claypool in the last half of the draft.  There are WR's that I like, and there is a good chance I won't be able to draft Kupp, Chase or Jefferson because they will go fast in Round One with some other WR's.   Most Mock Drafts have Claypool still on the board around Round 6 or 7.   Of course if he is gone then, there are other WR's that I like.  There are many WR's that I like.  However not as many RB's or QBs that I like.   As much as I like Kupp and Chase, in Fantasy it is still the same that if you don't get 2 good RB's early, you will go all year without any good RB's.  I also don't want the best QB's to go off the board and get stuck choosing between Tua or Trevor as my year long QB.   In my Mocks, I've tried many ways, going for WR early and such.  I have still came back to liking getting at least 2 good RB's, maybe even 3.  Last year I had Henry, but when he went down, I had no solid back-up.  Most RB's get injured at some point in the season, so you need a solid back-up.  Bengals need a solid back-up to Mixon if he would miss some games. 

I'm in a Bengals Draft and I know Chase, Mixon and Higgins will go fast and Burrow will go faster than these Mock Drafts because hey care all Bengals Fans drafting. McPherson will go fast and I refuse to go up top for a Kicker.  So I'm not counting on getting ant Bengals, unless Boyd falls to me.   Claypool and Boyd fall into my bucket of WR's that I like after the first 5 or 6 rounds and I start filling out my roster.  Boyd because if Chase gets double teamed, or if either Chase or Higgins get injured, or maybe just because Uzomah is gone,  Boyd could put up 1,000 yards again.  He is more than capable.   That TE the Bengals added from Atlanta could get the Burrow passes thrown to Uzomah, so he could put up Fantasy Points as a Last Round Steal.  

Nobody is drafting Claypool in Round One, not even close.  I would gladly take him in the middle rounds as I fill out my roster.  I do not care in Fantasy if he is a Steeler.   He is in my bucket of WR's hat I like filling out my roster in the mid to late rounds.  If I don't get him, fine, because I have a lot of mid to late round WR's that I like.  There are no mid to late round RB's that I like  That still forces me to go RB early.  There are only 32 starting RBs and some of them aren't worth drafting. The list of good RBs is a short one.  Same with QB.   So I won't have the luxury of getting Kupp or Chase, but there are a lot of other WR's in the NFL that I also like. A key thing is, do they have a good QB throwing the ball.  Who at Cleveland or Pittsburgh is going to be throwing the ball, and other teams.  Now there are some late round Denver WR's who might do better with Russell Wilson now chucking them the ball.  On these mid to late round WR's such as Claypool in Fantasy, I do have to wonder who the heck these teams QB is going to be.  

I can say by the Mock Drafts that most consider Claypool a mid round draft pick going in round 5 or 6 or 7.   With Big Ben gone, who is going to throw these guys the ball ?   Now if Burrow gets injured and our Bengals go back to that back-up Coach Taylor likes, he stinks as per the Cleveland Game and all other games he has played, so Chase and Higgins numbers would drop way off.  The problem then right now with Claypool is Big Ben is gone.  I am leery of Browns and Steelers WR's because of their confusing QB situations going into 2022, and there are other teams with QB's with unproven QBs, such a Bears, Jets, Giants.  A good QB makes these WR's look so much better.  The Steelers may struggle now with Big Ben gone.  I liked the Saints WR's much more when they had Drew Brees. That top WR that left Chiefs for Dolphins may not be as hot without Mahomes.

We are in Mid July and so I'm looking at it from a Fantasy Mock Draft view. Kupp and Chase will go FAST in Round One. Claypool is going around Mid Rounds with Big Ben gone. Nobody knows what the Steelers QB situation is. Look for them to lean on running Harris more. If Russell Wilson playing for John Elway in Denver works out, those Denver WR's will be much better. All 4 AFC West teams have good QB's, so AFC West WR's are good mid to late round Fantasy Picks. That's the best division of QBs now, not a bad one in the bunch. The AFC West will be TOUGH in 2022. The Bengals first Division back in 1968 and 1969 AFL days. Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders all come in with Top QB's, so the WR's ae going to Light It Up.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2022, 12:37 PM)kevin Wrote: I've been practicing Fantasy Mock Drafts.  Sometimes I can get Claypool in the last half of the draft.  There are WR's that I like, and there is a good chance I won't be able to draft Kupp, Chase or Jefferson because they will go fast in Round One with some other WR's.   Most Mock Drafts have Claypool still on the board around Round 6 or 7.   Of course if he is gone then, there are other WR's that I like.  There are many WR's that I like.  However not as many RB's or QBs that I like.   As much as I like Kupp and Chase, in Fantasy it is still the same that if you don't get 2 good RB's early, you will go all year without any good RB's.  I also don't want the best QB's to go off the board and get stuck choosing between Tua or Trevor as my year long QB.   In my Mocks, I've tried many ways, going for WR early and such.  I have still came back to liking getting at least 2 good RB's, maybe even 3.  Last year I had Henry, but when he went down, I had no solid back-up.  Most RB's get injured at some point in the season, so you need a solid back-up.  Bengals need a solid back-up to Mixon if he would miss some games. 

I'm in a Bengals Draft and I know Chase, Mixon and Higgins will go fast and Burrow will go faster than these Mock Drafts because hey care all Bengals Fans drafting. McPherson will go fast and I refuse to go up top for a Kicker.  So I'm not counting on getting ant Bengals, unless Boyd falls to me.   Claypool and Boyd fall into my bucket of WR's that I like after the first 5 or 6 rounds and I start filling out my roster.  Boyd because if Chase gets double teamed, or if either Chase or Higgins get injured, or maybe just because Uzomah is gone,  Boyd could put up 1,000 yards again.  He is more than capable.   That TE the Bengals added from Atlanta could get the Burrow passes thrown to Uzomah, so he could put up Fantasy Points as a Last Round Steal.  

Nobody is drafting Claypool in Round One, not even close.  I would gladly take him in the middle rounds as I fill out my roster.  I do not care in Fantasy if he is a Steeler.   He is in my bucket of WR's hat I like filling out my roster in the mid to late rounds.  If I don't get him, fine, because I have a lot of mid to late round WR's that I like.  There are no mid to late round RB's that I like  That still forces me to go RB early.  There are only 32 starting RBs and some of them aren't worth drafting. The list of good RBs is a short one.  Same with QB.   So I won't have the luxury of getting Kupp or Chase, but there are a lot of other WR's in the NFL that I also like. A key thing is, do they have a good QB throwing the ball.  Who at Cleveland or Pittsburgh is going to be throwing the ball, and other teams.  Now there are some late round Denver WR's who might do better with Russell Wilson now chucking them the ball.  On these mid to late round WR's such as Claypool in Fantasy, I do have to wonder who the heck these teams QB is going to be.  

I can say by the Mock Drafts that most consider Claypool a mid round draft pick going in round 5 or 6 or 7.   With Big Ben gone, who is going to throw these guys the ball ?   Now if Burrow gets injured and our Bengals go back to that back-up Coach Taylor likes, he stinks as per the Cleveland Game and all other games he has played, so Chase and Higgins numbers would drop way off.  The problem then right now with Claypool is Big Ben is gone.  I am leery of Browns and Steelers WR's because of their confusing QB situations going into 2022, and there are other teams with QB's with unproven QBs, such a Bears, Jets, Giants.  A good QB makes these WR's look so much better.  The Steelers may struggle now with Big Ben gone.  I liked the Saints WR's much more when they had Drew Brees.  That top WR that left Chiefs for Dolphins may not be as hot without Mahomes.

We are in Mid July and so I'm looking at it from a Fantasy Mock Draft view.   Kupp and Chase will go FAST in Round One.  Claypool is going around Mid Rounds with Big Ben gone. Nobody knows what the Steelers QB situation is. Look for them to lean on running Harris more. If Russell Wilson playing for John Elway in Denver works out, those Denver WR's will be much better.  All 4 AFC West teams have good QB's, so AFC West WR's are good mid to late round Fantasy Picks. That's the best division of QBs now, not a bad one in the bunch.  The AFC West will be TOUGH in 2022. The Bengals first Division back in 1968 and 1969 AFL days. Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders all come in with Top QB's, so the WR's ae going to Light It Up.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=13829786]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 10:58 AM)PhilHos Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=13829786]

Don't give a Shat if you read or not.....NOBODY is drafting Claypool in Round One in Fantasy Football.   Not only is he not the 3rd best WR in NFL, he isn't even the best WR on The Steelers.  

As Always, Steelers SUX.....GO BENGALS......Now Chase and Higgins will go FAST in Fantasy Drafts
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote