Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase & Higgins
This excites me: https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/1394678753020817411

In two to three seasons, after they have a bit more experience (along with Burrow), I'm hoping we can easily discuss how the Bengals have the best WR duo in the NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 12:59 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This excites me: https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/1394678753020817411

In two to three seasons, after they have a bit more experience (along with Burrow), I'm hoping we can easily discuss how the Bengals have the best WR duo in the NFL.

The hell with two-to-three seasons.........  I'm excited to watch them this season and think we could cause a lot of problems for defenses!  

Higgins already has an offseason and half-season with Burrow and we know Chase and Burrow are on the same page mentally, so there's no reason why they can't come out and light the field on fire!

Boyd will also be dangerous and so will Mixon (Mixon will also make their lives easier by keeping defenses honest), but we just have to hope that our line can protect Burrow and open some holes!
Reply/Quote
Main issue will be paying all 3 when they are due. lol
Reply/Quote
The Bengals just may have the best triple threat in the league this year.At least it wouldn’t surprise me if they did.Like was mentioned before,Burrow and Chase are already on the same page.Joe Burrow is a very good Quarterback.We’re not talking Andy Dalton here.This OL is also going to be better than it was last year,but how much better we don’t know yet.The uncertainty with the OL is the only thing holding me back from predicting Bengals as top 5 Offense in the league this year.Also like our defense.It won’t be long now before we find out.Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 02:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Main issue will be paying all 3 when they are due. lol

I’d think we just let Boyd walk at that point. He’ll be 30 when he’s due for a new contract.

Chase and Tee being much younger (21 & 22) will probably be the priority.

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 02:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Main issue will be paying all 3 when they are due. lol

Tyler Boyd will be around 30 when his deal is up. Thank you for your service Tyler.

Yet another reason it's important to quit dicking around with coaches trying to figure out how to win on the job. They need to be winning games while these guys are under contract.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 07:13 PM)jason Wrote: Tyler Boyd will be around 30 when his deal is up. Thank you for your service Tyler.

Yet another reason it's important to quit dicking around with coaches trying to figure out how to win on the job. They need to be winning games while these guys are under contract.

Indeed

Now is the time to turn this bus around.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 07:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d think we just let Boyd walk at that point. He’ll be 30 when he’s due for a new contract.

Chase and Tee being much younger (21 & 22) will probably be the priority.

Yes, too bad, love Boyd but we will have to let the older guy go no matter how good he is it seems.
Reply/Quote
Already a huge fan of Higgins and Boyds talents.

So if Chase lives up to his billing it should be a treat to watch the Bengals WR corps for years to come.

Who Dey

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 07:13 PM)jason Wrote: Tyler Boyd will be around 30 when his deal is up. Thank you for your service Tyler.

Yep.  Taylor needs to get results or get jettisoned!

No multi season plan at this point.

With media's eye on a power offense of Chase, Higgins, Boyd, and Mixon if they crash n' burn Taylor should be on the hot seat.

They key word is "should".
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

You gotta think that, at that point, he might give us a discount and want to stay since he's built his life around here and he figures that no other team is going to give a 30-year-old receiver enough to make it worthwhile to switch teams.

We should also be serious contenders by then (if we're not already), so that could also play a role in him wanting to stay.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 09:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, too bad, love Boyd but we will have to let the older guy go no matter how good he is it seems.

I think most guys should be moved after losing for 4-5 straight seasons. It's not an indictment on the player, but it wears on you. The 2011 team that started the 5 straight playoff seasons was full of young players that weren't used to losing, and only knew success at the college level. In short... They weren't Bengalized yet. We saw it eventually happen to some of those guys (Carlos for sure). Having said all that... There isn't an ounce of quit in Tyler Boyd. He'll keep fighting though all the losing, and I'd love to see a big turn around for his sake. He's a borderline elder statesman at this point.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 10:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You gotta think that, at that point, he might give us a discount and want to stay since he's built his life around here and he figures that no other team is going to give a 30-year-old receiver enough to make it worthwhile to switch teams.

We should also be serious contenders by then (if we're not already), so that could also play a role in him wanting to stay.

Yeah... A lot can happen between now and then too. That's why I wasn't concerned with the we already have 2 good WRs arguments before the draft. How are we gonna keep them? Who cares? Get what we can outta them right now.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Higgins with a fantastic rookie season and Chase is an even more superior athlete. I’m giddy to think about what can happen this year on the offensive side of the ball. I also won’t reply to any comments along the lines of “ Burrow can’t throw the ball if he is on his back”. The offensive line is not the same as last year by any means so only time will tell, but I do think it was upgraded without question.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 10:09 PM)jason Wrote: I think most guys should be moved after losing for 4-5 straight seasons. It's not an indictment on the player, but it wears on you. The 2011 team that started the 5 straight playoff seasons was full of young players that weren't used to losing, and only knew success at the college level. In short... They weren't Bengalized yet. We saw it eventually happen to some of those guys (Carlos for sure). Having said all that... There isn't an ounce of quit in Tyler Boyd. He'll keep fighting though all the losing, and I'd love to see a big turn around for his sake. He's a borderline elder statesman at this point.

True. Hopefully the Bengalized term goes away and if it comes back it is a positive.

Boyd is just a badazz, wouldn't want another Slot WR in the NFL over him. But if Chase and Higgins become as good as we think they
might it will be too expensive to keep all 3. Hopefully we can win a Super Bowl with Boyd in the mean time.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 09:28 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Already a huge fan of Higgins and Boyds talents.

So if Chase lives up to his billing it should be a treat to watch the Bengals WR corps for years to come.

Who Dey

If the offensive line is drastically better
Reply/Quote
I coughed up the dough for season tix because we might have the best offense in the league and it is going to be fun to watch and should keep us in every game.

We have some high paid vets on the D who just arrived over the last couple years and they should be highly motivated. If they do their job we will be winning a lot of games.
Reply/Quote
I still would rather Higgens switch his number to 5. 85 should be Chad's.

I'm excited to see what these two can do in the next 5 years or more!
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 02:18 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I still would rather Higgens switch his number to 5. 85 should be Chad's.

I'm excited to see what these two can do in the next 5 years or more!

I want to see Higgins in #5 too.. 2 single digit Badass Wrs on the team would be the shit...
Reply/Quote

i ment Burrow Chase and Higgins  
Reply/Quote