Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase & Higgins
(05-19-2021, 08:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i ment Burrow Chase and Higgins  

It would be a good problem to have. And the Bengals do traditionally pay QB’s and WR’s.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

At least they will all be due at different times. If they produce, they will all get paid here.
Reply/Quote
I just call them two, Chiggins.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 10:11 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I just call them two, Chiggins.

Cheese...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 10:11 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I just call them two, Chiggins.

Hilarious

But what about Boyd? Threesome. or a Cheesome?
Reply/Quote
I am very much anticipating watching how the offense will take shape this year. It's rather exciting to envision the possibilities.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 03:24 PM)yang Wrote: Hilarious

But what about Boyd?  Threesome.  or a Cheesome?

Bochiggins?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 11:36 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: If the offensive line is drastically better

A lot hinges on the O-line 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 05:18 PM)Go Cards Wrote: A lot hinges on the O-line 

I think pretty much everything this season hinges on the offensive line.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 08:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think pretty much everything this season hinges on the offensive line.

And the Defensive Line. Have to stop the run and get pressure on the QB. The trenches man.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 12:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And the Defensive Line. Have to stop the run and get pressure on the QB. The trenches man.

I believe in the trenches so much that my son's middle name is Trench.  I still can't believe my wife let me do that.

*Is he serious? Or is he joking?  Who knows...*
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 12:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And the Defensive Line. Have to stop the run and get pressure on the QB. The trenches man.
I mentioned that in other threads and I definitely agree.  Stopping the run is first and foremost because, otherwise, the other team can control the clock and the game.  

Pressuring the QB is also very important because you need to be able to force him into mistakes and turnovers.

That's why the mention of us giving a lot of 3-4 looks really intrigues me because you can give the opposing quarterbacks so many different looks and send so many rushers from different places.  

Hopefully we can get a rotation to keep our defensive linemen fresh.
(05-20-2021, 01:52 PM)Earendil Wrote: I believe in the trenches so much that my son's middle name is Trench.  I still can't believe my wife let me do that.

I was going to post that you're a legend for doing that before I saw the bottom text, but you're a legend for even thinking that, so......

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47da639d7v2s1i2d4k5o...y.gif&ct=g]

Sir, you have my respect ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 01:52 PM)Earendil Wrote: I believe in the trenches so much that my son's middle name is Trench.  I still can't believe my wife let me do that.

Whether you are serious or not, that is a cool post lol

(05-20-2021, 03:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I mentioned that in other threads and I definitely agree.  Stopping the run is first and foremost because, otherwise, the other team can control the clock and the game.  

Pressuring the QB is also very important because you need to be able to force him into mistakes and turnovers.

That's why the mention of us giving a lot of 3-4 looks really intrigues me because you can give the opposing quarterbacks so many different looks and send so many rushers from different places.  

Hopefully we can get a rotation to keep our defensive linemen fresh.

I was going to post that you're a legend for doing that before I saw the bottom text, but you're a legend for even thinking that, so......

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47da639d7v2s1i2d4k5o...y.gif&ct=g]

Sir, you have my respect ThumbsUp

Rock On Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Thinking about Joe, Jamaar , Tee, Boyd and Mixon put 30+ up a game is the only thing getting me through a separation after 10 years...
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 04:26 PM)Tony Wrote: Thinking about Joe, Jamaar , Tee, Boyd and Mixon put 30+ up a game is the only thing getting me through a separation after 10 years...

Hopefully we also have the Sacks coming in on D as well to help you get through the tough times Tony. Cool
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 08:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hopefully we also have the Sacks coming in on D as well to help you get through the tough times Tony. Cool
I think the defense is gonna be good this year. So if the offense can reach it's potential, we will be alright..
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 10:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You gotta think that, at that point, he might give us a discount and want to stay since he's built his life around here and he figures that no other team is going to give a 30-year-old receiver enough to make it worthwhile to switch teams.

We should also be serious contenders by then (if we're not already), so that could also play a role in him wanting to stay.

As well as the salary cap going up so we can pay guys more. 
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 08:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hopefully we also have the Sacks coming in on D as well to help you get through the tough times Tony. Cool

The Bengals certainly addressed most all needs through FA and draft imo.

However they will have to bat 1,000 to get us over the hump immediately with these picks. 

But it all looks good on paper and glad there is a chance going into season. 

Actually excited to see them on the field for a change. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2021, 06:21 PM)Tony Wrote: I think the defense is gonna be good this year. So if the offense can reach it's potential, we will be alright..

Yes sir, lets get in the Playoffs and win a game for a change eh? Mellow

(05-24-2021, 07:13 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The Bengals certainly addressed most all needs through FA and draft imo.

However they will have to bat 1,000 to get us over the hump immediately with these picks. 

But it all looks good on paper and glad there is a chance going into season. 

Actually excited to see them on the field for a change. 

It is an interesting offseason to say the least.
Reply/Quote

The Bengals will have no problem paying Burrow, Chase, and Higgins. We can't forget that the Bengals were willing to spend on Marvin Jones in 2016 and have the highest paid 1-2 WR duo, but Jones wanted to take a shot at being a #1 in Detroit. 

We also know what the team thinks of QBs. If Burrow leads this team to the success we all hope, then I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a deal similar to Mahomes, or even a freaking ownership stake in the team like what Tennessee was offering Peyton in 2012.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote