Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase Not Even Ranked In Madden's Top Ten Receivers?!
(07-18-2022, 03:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If you remember my thread that surveyed NFL execs, coaches, and players, you know that Chase was ranked third, but Madden rankings DON'T EVEN HAVE HIM IN THE TOP TEN!

I'm half  Hilarious and half Pissed

[Image: FX8z4jXWYAAKI11?format=jpg&name=900x900]

I thought the time for disrespecting us and taking us lightly was over?!

Chase had the best corner in the league beat for a touchdown on the final play to win the Super Bowl! And it wasn't just because he fell down because Chase already had a step on him while he was still turned halfway sideways before he fell down!

I hope Madden is turning in his grave because those ***** are disrespecting his name and game with such a joke of a rating!

And Ja'Marr definitely took note and responded with "i’m going keep working . Extra motivation[Image: 1f60c.svg]"!

I hope that the entire team sees it as extra motivation to be disrespected so bad, but especially Burrow because I want Burrow to see it as a personal diss to come out and give Chase a record year!

I know haters gon hate, but DAMN!

This may have been the fuel on the fire to make those two have a record-setting year!

I saw that on twitter and just mouthed "Thank you" to EA sports.  I will take the free extra motivation to Chase (players will say it doesn't matter, but it does) and just laugh as he tears up the league again.  

BTW, Chase should have been 3rd on this list.  Almost like they forgot his spot.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2022, 11:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I like Boyd but this is 2 seasons now Tee has out produced him. Missing a couple games doesn’t drop your rating. I don’t remember low injury rating ever effecting the overall player rating

I'm not going to defend Madden, Boyd or Higgins and Higgins may have out performed him this last season, but Higgins has 13 drops the last two seasons where Boyd has 2.
Catch % last two seasons
Boyd - 71.8% - 71.3%
Higgins - 62% - 67.3%

They each have their own strengths that keep them pretty comparable. Things like that affect players ratings and they decided this year that Boyd is one point better. I don't know why this would concern or bother anybody.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 07:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I saw that on twitter and just mouthed "Thank you" to EA sports.  I will take the free extra motivation to Chase (players will say it doesn't matter, but it does) and just laugh as he tears up the league again.  

BTW, Chase should have been 3rd on this list.  Almost like they forgot his spot.  

Hilarious

LOVE IT!

This, along with the Super Bowl loss, especially being open on the final play, will just make Chase, Burrow, and the entire team hungrier than anyone could have ever imagined.

What I love about Burrow leading this team and the character of this team is that everyone will see how determined this made Chase to make them eat their words that they'll also elevate their game and work harder.

When I think about what I just mentioned, I'm loving the character of this team! There has NEVER been a better time to be a fan of this team!
Reply/Quote
The funny part is Chad Johnson does the Madden WR ratings...
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 09:09 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I'm not going to defend Madden, Boyd or Higgins and Higgins may have out performed him this last season, but Higgins has 13 drops the last two seasons where Boyd has 2.
Catch % last two seasons
Boyd - 71.8% - 71.3%
Higgins - 62% - 67.3%

They each have their own strengths that keep them pretty comparable. Things like that affect players ratings and they decided this year that Boyd is one point better. I don't know why this would concern or bother anybody.

just stop
Reply/Quote
If you go on any Fantasy Mock Draft, Yahoo NBC, CBS, ESPN, Super Bowl Kupp and Chase always get picked by someone in the Top 12 players including running backs and quarterbacks. Not so with some of the names on this Madden Game list.

It could well be that if they make this game in USA or Japan or Mexico or wherever, that they started making this years Madden Game before The Bengals Play-Off Wins in January and February Super Bowl. That they had the game pretty much ready to go and mass produce and ship to stores. That it takes time to mass produce and ship to stores, so the nuts and bolts of this game was finished while last season was still going. They add in a couple draft picks that they rarely get right on the rankings. I'm sure they have players who have retired in this game, and we would say of course, how would the makers of this game have known.

So I'm sure the flaw is that they had to start making this game a long time ago to have factories make it and ship it. Much of this is going on 2020 season with some 2021.

Chase and Mixon will go around Round One in just about all Fantasy Drafts. Whatever rounds people start taking quarterbacks, Joe Burrow goes fast. Oh yes, Higgins goes in Round 2 often before some of these Madden names. So don't base a Fantasy Draft on this game. The Drafts are going on New Data and this game is Old Data. Old Data because they had to design it, get it to the factories, mass produce it and allow time for all the shipping delays around the world now. It's also possible that if it was made in Japan, they don't know who Chase is yet.

So just don't base your Fantasy Drafts off this Madden Game, because you will be way off. Go on a Mock Draft and see. Chase, Mixon and Higgins go Fast, and if you want Joe Burrow you better not wait too long to pick him. Now Boyd goes in the late rounds, but he could be a steal for 2 reasons. He may get more passes with Uzomah gone, AND if Chase or Higgins get an injury, Boyd becomes the #2 WR real fast, and the man can catch and put up 1,000 yards receiving when thrown the ball. So i love taking him in late rounds because Boyd may just have a big season. Chase, Mixon and Higgins go FAST and Joe Burrow is one of the first quarterbacks drafted. Oh Yes, people are drafting McPherson early. I refuse to draft a kicker early, but just saying McPherson made a name for himself in The Play-Offs and Super Bowl. He is going early for a kicker. I bet Madden Game didn't adjust to that.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Total BS ! He should be at least 5 or 6.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 01:31 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Total BS ! He should be at least 5 or 6.

[Image: that-is-blasphemy-satan.gif]

He should be #3, AT WORST!
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 02:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: [Image: that-is-blasphemy-satan.gif]

He should be #3, AT WORST!

Probably and will be by the end of this season. But you can make a case for couple of the others. The last 3 or 4 - haha.
Reply/Quote
Well I am really pissed.. not because of Chase or anyone on that list, but..C'mon! I've never played in the NFL and couldn't catch worth a damned and I'm 63, but they didn't pick me.. Screw em!  Sad I could make some great over the shoulder circus baseball catches though and I could steal bases if I could hit...which I really couldn't..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 03:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Probably and will be by the end of this season. But you can make a case for couple of the others. The last 3 or 4 - haha.

Honestly I think he could make a run for the top receiver this season.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 04:34 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Honestly I think he could make a run for the top receiver this season.

Oh me too. It's in no way crazy to pick him to be #1 overall. He may not have the most receptions ? But lead in several of the other categories.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 03:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Probably and will be by the end of this season. But you can make a case for couple of the others. The last 3 or 4 - haha.

DeAndre Hopkins isn't that dude anymore... And I'm an Ohio State guy, but lol at Terry McLaurin being ranked above Ja'Marr. It's just a stupid game though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
We are talking about video game right? We must be bored lol
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 07:52 PM)jason Wrote: DeAndre Hopkins isn't that dude anymore... And I'm an Ohio State guy, but lol at Terry McLaurin being ranked above Ja'Marr. It's just a stupid game though.

Yes, I don't know anything about Madden nor do I care. I haven't played Madden in 20 years or more.
Reply/Quote
Stat makers at EA are big mad Chiefs fans.
Reply/Quote
I'm ok with it since he said it makes him more motivated. Only one game he should be worried about.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/tombrady/status/1549095522849280000?s=21&t=jDxPMYmq-jqSREtFmR2nYw

Now Tom Brady’s chiming in on this.

“Don’t sweat it man. Madden didn’t even put me in the game my second year ? @Real10jayy__”
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2022, 03:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If you remember my thread that surveyed NFL execs, coaches, and players, you know that Chase was ranked third, but Madden rankings DON'T EVEN HAVE HIM IN THE TOP TEN!

I'm half Hilarious and half Pissed

[Image: FX8z4jXWYAAKI11?format=jpg&name=900x900]

I thought the time for disrespecting us and taking us lightly was over?!

Chase had the best corner in the league beat for a touchdown on the final play to win the Super Bowl! And it wasn't just because he fell down because Chase already had a step on him while he was still turned halfway sideways before he fell down!

I hope Madden is turning in his grave because those ***** are disrespecting his name and game with such a joke of a rating!

And Ja'Marr definitely took note and responded with "i’m going keep working . Extra motivation[Image: 1f60c.svg]"!

I hope that the entire team sees it as extra motivation to be disrespected so bad, but especially Burrow because I want Burrow to see it as a personal diss to come out and give Chase a record year!

I know haters gon hate, but DAMN!

This may have been the fuel on the fire to make those two have a record-setting year!

7-10 on that list have no reason being over Chase.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I know the two guys who actually do the ratings at EA, play in a franchise league with one actually. Chad, while a great marketing piece, more sits in on meetings from time to time but is more there for the media stuff. The reason Chase is outside the top 10 almost never will put a 2nd year player up that high, especially at a sexy position like WR. They did the exact same thing last year with Justin Jefferson it’s really nothing new.

What’s about to be more upsetting is Joe Burrow’s throw power…
Reply/Quote