Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase On ESPN's Most Interestng Rookie Debut!
It looks like ESPN is as PUMPED as we all are for the debut of Burrow to Chase!

Quote:Walder: Ja'Marr Chase, Bengals vs. Vikings. It's the Joe Burrow-Chase reunion. And it will be extra sweet after we missed Chase in 2020 (he opted out of the college season) and Burrow in the latter half of his rookie year (due to injury). They were a special pairing in college, and they'd jolt Cincinnati to life if they can keep it up at the next level.

I can't help but thinking about how special this offense can be with Burrow, Chase, Boyd, and Higgins, and not to mention Mixon, but then I always have the thought in my mind of "will the line be able to give Burrow time and keep him from getting hurt again."

Luckily, establishing a run with Mixon will help and having Chase at receiver will allow Burrow to get rid of the bell quicker because of their chemistry, as well as having threats at receiver like Boyd and Higgins.

If we can at least stay unpredictable with our play calling, I think our offense could be dangerous.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 10:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It looks like ESPN is as PUMPED as we all are for the debut of Burrow to Chase!

I can't help but thinking about how special this offense can be with Burrow, Chase, Boyd, and Higgins, and not to mention Mixon, but then I always have the thought in my mind of "will the line be able to give Burrow time and keep him from getting hurt again."

Luckily, establishing a run with Mixon will help and having Chase at receiver will allow Burrow to get rid of the bell quicker because of their chemistry, as well as having threats at receiver like Boyd and Higgins.  

If we can at least stay unpredictable with our play calling, I think our offense could be dangerous.

QBs get pressured even with good lines so lets look at what we need Burrow to do better when pressured.. He did not throw well on the run and that actually is a key importance to move up the ladder as a solid QB... This is the one narrow I like to see Burrow most improve. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
To be fair last season was his rookie season with a terrible offensive line and an old AJ not playing worth squat.. (side note, I hope AJ does well this year)
Joe will have 3 very solid receivers and a solid back in Mixon and what just can't be a line as bad as last years line and a better defense.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Definitely excited to watch this season’s offense. I’m hoping they can actually create an identity that’s not of the negative variety. If the passing offense can live up to some of the expectations, a healthy Mixon could (should) have a career year complimenting it.
Reply/Quote
Can’t help but be Debbie Downer here.

What the over/under on the amount of games Chase gets in before he goes down with our ever present curse of season ending injuries to our #1 draft picks?

My guess is 4.5 games
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Hopefully by having actual preseason games this year, we'll get to see the OL gel and perform better for Week 1 this year compared to Week 1 last year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 11:24 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  QBs get pressured even with good lines so lets look at what we need Burrow to do better when pressured.. He did not throw well on the run and that actually is a key importance to move up the ladder as a solid QB... This is the one narrow I like to see Burrow most improve. 

Burrow was outstanding throwing on the run and connecting on busted plays in college.

I don't know many QBs who are great throwing on  the run if they are getting overwhelming pressure from 4 linemen and defense is dropping 7.

If the o line cannot generate at least an average running game without Mixon being gang tackled behind the line of scrimmage, Burrow will blossom. 
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 10:12 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Can’t help but be Debbie Downer here.

What the over/under on the amount of games Chase gets in before he goes down with our ever present curse of season ending injuries to our #1 draft picks?

My guess is 4.5 games

I think Vonn Bell's hit on JJSS knocked the curses out of the city once and for all.  
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 10:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It looks like ESPN is as PUMPED as we all are for the debut of Burrow to Chase!

Should be fun, that chemistry is already there with all of our WR's already. Burrow, Boyd, Higgins, Chase with Mixon and adding
Chris Evans and Thaddeus Moss should be sweet if Burrow is given time and the OL is opening up holes in the run game. Getting 
Reiff, Carman is huge for the right side of the Line in we now have a top pass protector in Reiff and a mauler at Guard who can 
pass protect. Center is my main concern. Think either Spain or XSF will be decent to more than decent at LG.

Jonah should really improve from what was essentially his rookie year starting. Lots to be excited about on Offense.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 10:12 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Can’t help but be Debbie Downer here.

My guess is 4.5 games
Didn't AJ play in 15 or 16?  And the NFL is a lot softer now.  Chase will be fine.
(05-13-2021, 10:31 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Hopefully by having actual preseason games this year, we'll get to see the OL gel and perform better for Week 1 this year compared to Week 1 last year.
That does give me some hope!

Let's hope the new additions and the return of Frank Pollack also help out the cause!

Like I said, I also think Mixon establishing the run, as well as Burrow's chemistry with Chase (as well as Boyd and Higgins, though probably not as much), will also make the line's life easier by allowing for quicker releases!  Also, he also already has chemistry with Moss, who will be a great safety outlet.
(05-13-2021, 01:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Should be fun, that chemistry is already there with all of our WR's already. Burrow, Boyd, Higgins, Chase with Mixon and adding
Chris Evans and Thaddeus Moss should be sweet if Burrow is given time and the OL is opening up holes in the run game. Getting 
Reiff, Carman is huge for the right side of the Line in we now have a top pass protector in Reiff and a mauler at Guard who can 
pass protect. Center is my main concern. Think either Spain or XSF will be decent to more than decent at LG.

Jonah should really improve from what was essentially his rookie year starting. Lots to be excited about on Offense.

Al great points and let's just hope they can gel.

Like I said above, the chemistry with Chase and the other receivers will be huge, but I think someone we're overlooking is Moss because a receiving tight end that Burrow already has chemistry with will be a great safety valve, like I said above.  

With safeties trying to make sure they're over the top of the receivers on the outside, it leaves the seams wide open, and the same with backers trying to be in passing lanes because it leaves the middle of the field wide open for Moss to go and sit in an open space.  And let's not forget play action because I think that could be a great help to our line and a very dangerous weapon.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 10:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think Vonn Bell's hit on JJSS knocked the curses out of the city once and for all.  

Hopefully with as hard as he hit that whiney little tik toc shit eating punk, the curse moved to Pittsburgh.

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 02:07 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Hopefully with as hard as he hit that whiney little tik toc shit eating punk, the curse moved to Pittsburgh.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=13025241]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 01:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Like I said, I also think Mixon establishing the run, as well as Burrow's chemistry with Chase (as well as Boyd and Higgins, though probably not as much), will also make the line's life easier by allowing for quicker releases!  Also, he also already has chemistry with Moss, who will be a great safety outlet.

If Moss becomes an actual contributor to the offense, you can almost assuredly expect the Bengals to move on from Uzomah after this season and/or moving on from Sample after next season when their contracts are up.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 01:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: All great points and let's just hope they can gel.

Like I said above, the chemistry with Chase and the other receivers will be huge, but I think someone we're overlooking is Moss because a receiving tight end that Burrow already has chemistry with will be a great safety valve, like I said above.  

With safeties trying to make sure they're over the top of the receivers on the outside, it leaves the seams wide open, and the same with backers trying to be in passing lanes because it leaves the middle of the field wide open for Moss to go and sit in an open space.  And let's not forget play action because I think that could be a great help to our line and a very dangerous weapon.

It will be key for the entire Offense to gel from the O-line to the weapons. As Ocho said, having a Preseason will help.

Moss/Uzo/Sample I don't care who could have a great year with Chase now here. He really opens up a lot as we saw at LSU with
Burrow. Jefferson feasted cause of Chase's downfield ability, everyone feasted. Think that if this OL plays half decent this will be a 
damn tough Offense to stop at least if Taylor doesn't suck so bad he holds them back.

This is the question on both sides of the ball in my eyes = Taylor and Anarumo? Will they hold their side of the ball back?

They have so far even when they had good players, but maybe they finally have the players for their schemes? We will see.

If not, these coaches have to go. I do think Pollack and Hobby should really help them.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 02:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It will be key for the entire Offense to gel from the O-line to the weapons. As Ocho said, having a Preseason will help.

Moss/Uzo/Sample I don't care who could have a great year with Chase now here. He really opens up a lot as we saw at LSU with
Burrow. Jefferson feasted cause of Chase's downfield ability, everyone feasted. Think that if this OL plays half decent this will be a 
damn tough Offense to stop at least if Taylor doesn't suck so bad he holds them back.

This is the question on both sides of the ball in my eyes = Taylor and Anarumo? Will they hold their side of the ball back?

They have so far even when they had good players, but maybe they finally have the players for their schemes? We will see.

If not, these coaches have to go. I do think Pollack and Hobby should really help them.

I know.  

When will we finally spend money for a decent head coach and coordinators?  Think about how many players would be more willing to come play here if we had a head coach that installed confidence in the players and who the players would go play their hearts out for.  Or coordinators that the players could have faith in to put them in the right spots and call plays to play to their strengths.

This team is too talented to be held back by coaching.
Reply/Quote
Our line should be top 15 next year

Riley Reiff was a huge addition that helped.

Jonah Williams, Spain, Hopkins, Carman, Reiff
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 09:28 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Our line should be top 15 next year

Riley Reiff was a huge addition that helped.

Jonah Williams, Spain, Hopkins, Carman, Reiff

Thinking the same way Nati#1. Just hope they stay healthy or depth guys like Trey Hill, D'Ante Smith, and Adeniji can
fill in if someone goes down. I like all these guys and maybe Price ups his game as this is his last chance under Pollack 
if he doesn't.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 10:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think Vonn Bell's hit on JJSS knocked the curses out of the city once and for all.  

It knocked the shit outta JuJu if nothin' else... Good enough for me.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Will be fun to watch especially with Jefferson on the other side of the field that day. Bet the boys will want to put on a show for him.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 09:33 PM)jason Wrote: It knocked the shit outta JuJu if nothin' else... Good enough for me.

Might be the best hit I have ever watched a Bengal make. Was hit of the year last year in NFL in my opinion. 

But I am admittedly biased. Still, badazz hit man. Vonn is a fave of mine after that hit.
Reply/Quote