Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase Ranked 3rd By Execs, Coaches, And Players!
Yesterday, I posted ESPN's poll of execs, coaches, and players ranking Mixon #6 in the league and, today, they rank Ja'Marr as the third best wideout!

They rank him behind Cooper Kupp and Davante Adams, but I think he'll be the best in the league this year now that Burrow has time to throw and the defense has to respect the run!

He actually got several #1 votes, which is impressive as hell when you consider that it's only his 2nd year!

Quote:Highest ranking: 1 | Lowest ranking: 8

Scouts who considered Chase the best all-around player in the 2021 draft are feeling validated in a big way. Chase dominated the voting outside of Adams and Kupp, receiving several No. 1 selections for his banner rookie year in which he burst onto the scene with 81 catches, 1,455 yards and 13 touchdowns.

"He might be the best in a year. He's got it all," an NFL personnel official said.

Chase is a walking splash play, with his 11.5 yards per target and 13 catches for 30 or more yards each ranking second in the NFL. His 658 yards after catch ranked third, and his catch rate over expectation (6.2%) tied Adams for sixth, per NFL Next Gen Stats.

He did all of this after sitting out his final year at LSU. And considering his chemistry with Bengals QB Joe Burrow, Chase is poised to contend for the top spot next year.

"He's 210 [pounds] but moves like an 190-pounder, strong as hell, fast as hell, great instincts," the exec said. "Ja'Marr is the next great one."

It's unreal that the exec says he's 210 pounds but moves like he's 190, strong as hell, fast as hell, and has great instincts, because those intangibles, combined with his chemistry with Burrow, make him pretty unstobbale!

It's amazing that his 11.5 yards per target and 13 catches for 30 or more yards each ranking second in the NFL because you have to believe that, with Burrow having more time to throw, he'll EASILY destroy those numbers and be ranked first in that category this year!

Having Boyd and Higgins also should boost his numbers because teams won't be able to sell-out to stop him, especially with Mixon running the ball!

I'm getting more and more pumped each day we get closer to the season!

He's 30 to 1 to win the Offensive Player of the Year Award, and I'm already putting a grand on Burrow MVP, a grand on us making the Super Bowl, and a grand on us winning the Super Bowl, but I might at least put a hundred or two on Chase to win OPY!

This could be the GREATEST year EVER to be a Bengals fan!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote