Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase, Sample, Brown
(04-19-2021, 09:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sewell will help keep Burrow in the game and protected and give WRs time to get open and will create a running game that then opens the field up a bit more for play action and passing...

The other part of targets getting open is actually creating
Schemes that get them open and keeping the secondary 
On its heels.
Zac did a garbage of a job in that regard.
It felt like secondaries knew fron the snap knew where Boyd Higgins were going.
How many rub routes did you see from this offense in 2021
If a defense can guess correctly where your targets are going
The QB is going to hold that ball longer than he wants to.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 11:00 AM)impactplaya Wrote: The other part of targets getting open is actually creating
Schemes that get them open and keeping the secondary 
On its heels.
Zac did a garbage of a job in that regard.
It felt like secondaries knew fron the snap knew where Boyd Higgins were going.
How many rub routes did you see from this offense in 2021
If a defense can guess correctly where your targets are going
The QB is going to hold that ball longer than he wants to.

sure but it starts with the line... targets, schemes etc matter less if you can;t protect the QB.. the idea that a spread of WRs will protect the QB is not accurate.. if you can;t protect the QB it limits what you can call, routes etc... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I didn't know that the draft started and stopped with either Sewell or Slater? The dropoff in WR1 talent from the 1st to 2nd round is much more than from OT in this draft. And, that's what the Bengals brass has been sifting through for months.
They don't only need to protect Burrow which is agreed NEED #1A.
BUT, NEED #1B is WR1 to replace AJ Green. And, you have the most fitting and familiar WR1 in Chase which makes Burrow very happy staring us at #5 (Which I honestly thought was an impossibility going into this draft).
How many #1 franchise QBs actually have gotten a chance to team up with their #1 WRs from College???? It didn't happen last year with CeeDee Lamb and Murray/Mayfield.
It just doesn't fall into your lap like this.....EVER!
So, take the #1 WR, make your franchise QB happy, then keep making him happy in Rounds 2 and 3 and/or 4 with another OT and G's. THIS DRAFT IS DEEP IN OTs and IOL. IT IS NOT DEEP WITH #1WRs, ONLY SLOT WRs after RD 1.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 02:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: sure but it starts with the line... targets, schemes etc matter less if you can;t protect the QB.. the idea that a spread of WRs will protect the QB is not accurate.. if you can;t protect the QB it limits what you can call, routes etc... 

Yes you are right. But the Bengals oline issues in 2020 was a mixture of so many things going on
 the worst oline coach in the league Jim Turner, Zac Taylor starting Michael Jordan. Bobby Hart was a turnstile at the worst times. Lack of cohesion for most of the year
Suspect depth, retirements, injury and targets having issues
Getting open.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 03:33 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: I didn't know that the draft started and stopped with either Sewell or Slater? The dropoff in WR1 talent from the 1st to 2nd round is much more than from OT in this draft. And, that's what the Bengals brass has been sifting through for months.
They don't only need to protect Burrow which is agreed NEED #1A.
BUT, NEED #1B is WR1 to replace AJ Green. And, you have the most fitting and familiar WR1 in Chase which makes Burrow very happy staring us at #5 (Which I honestly thought was an impossibility going into this draft).
How many #1 franchise QBs actually have gotten a chance to team up with their #1 WRs from College???? It didn't happen last year with CeeDee Lamb and Murray/Mayfield.
It just doesn't fall into your lap like this.....EVER!
So, take the #1 WR, make your franchise QB happy, then keep making him happy in Rounds 2 and 3 and/or 4 with another OT and G's. THIS DRAFT IS DEEP IN OTs and IOL. IT IS NOT DEEP WITH #1WRs, ONLY SLOT WRs after RD 1.

That's truly not the case though.  I look at all these 2nd tier tackles and none of them really excite me.  All of them are 2nd round types for a reason.  The same can be said for the WR class as well.
Reply/Quote