Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase Young
He seems like a guy that's market will be underwhelming for him come March and I wonder If the FO would be interested in signing him to a cheap one year rental(relatively speaking; anything from 15 to 20 M would be cheap)or sign him to a deal like the packers did with Rashan Gary(4 yr, 96 M, 35M guaranteed). Which would be under his preferred market price.(I think his asking price will be 30M a year to start out!)
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2024, 12:04 PM)J24 Wrote: He seems like a guy that's market will be underwhelming for him come March and I wonder If the FO would be interested in signing him to a cheap one year rental(relatively speaking Iwould anything from 15 to 20 M) or sign him to a deal like the packers did with Rashan  Gary(4 yr, 96 M, 37 guaranteed). Which would be under his preferred market price.(I think his asking price will be 30M a year to start out!

They should have just signed Clowney...he seems alot more productive
How does Young not impress with all the talent he is surrounded by in SF? thats a red flag 
Id rather them go after Josh Allen from JAGs 
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2024, 01:54 PM)kalibengal Wrote: They should have just signed Clowney...he seems alot more productive
How does Young not impress with all the talent he is surrounded by in SF? thats a red flag 
Right?! He showed out a bit his rookie year, got hurt, then disappeared. On a Washington DL stacked with talent too. Then goes to SF and still is JAG. Disappointing for sure. Makes you wonder how much he has between the ears, honestly.
Reply/Quote
Just bring back The Law Dog
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2024, 01:54 PM)kalibengal Wrote: They should have just signed Clowney...he seems alot more productive

Surely the Jags tag Allen, he is a stud.

Reply/Quote
Chase Young is not that good. Likely bust.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
he is no good

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
He's not break the bank good..... But he can be a rotational piece for a rotational piece price.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Young has 16.5 sacks in 4 years. He's coming off a respectable 7.5 this year. Hubbard, by comparison, had 6 last year.

I don't see it as a fit, honestly. The Bengals aren't going to sign an edge rusher to a big contract a year after Murphy led all rookie DE's in pass rush win %. Young is going to want a starter job and salary and would likely be a rotational piece, here.
Reply/Quote
I hate to knock one of my OSU boys, but Chase Young is loafing...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
While I know he didn't start with SF after being traded, I wouldn't think he'd be ok for his first big contract to take a rotational backup role.
I would have to imagine he'll wanna go wherever gives him the chance to start or play a large number of snaps.
He's not getting that in CIN.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 06:22 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: he is no good

I wouldnt say he is no good.  He may not be elite but he is far from being a bad DE or a bust.  He is better than Hubbard and 3 years younger.  

Having said that, I dont see us signing Young.  He will want more than he is worth with a market value based more on hype than actual production.  It reminds me of some fans clamoring for a 9 million dollar Noah Fant when he has had back to back 400+ yard seasons with zero TDs this year.  Just not worth the cost of what they would bring to the team.
Reply/Quote