Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Chase Young Keep Andy
Take Chase retain Andy and keep AJ and draft offense line and defense line and bring in some good QB's perhaps Marcus Mariota. I don't think much will change with a rookie qb and if we do not take the proper steps with OL and or Defense.
Reply/Quote
No

/thread

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Nah.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I'm shocked there are still people that would prefer to keep Dalton than draft a QB that had the best season in NCAA history. SMH. Some will never learn.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 04:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No

/thread

[Image: D0aSxsTW0AAxHlD.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Puke.
Reply/Quote
It could work but not sexy enough to implement.
Reply/Quote
The only way we don't draft Burrow is if a team is willing to give up a monster ( and I mean Monster) type trade package. Hell if Burrow wasn't in this draft I would still pick Simmons over Young.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 04:11 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Take Chase retain Andy and keep AJ and draft offense line and defense line and bring in some good QB's perhaps Marcus Mariota.  I don't think much will change with a rookie qb and if we do not take the proper steps with OL and or Defense.

Trade #1 to Skins, get Haskins, take Young with #2 pick and get 2 other picks (2nd and a 3rd) you get from the Skins...
Reply/Quote
Just so you know if you take Chase Young you then have to sit or trade already good players in Sam Hubbard or Carlos Dunlap and further limit the snaps of another good player in Carl Lawson...To keep an average at best QB who you will have to let walk and be in the need a QB boat again next year or have pay way to much money.

It's a not rocket science you take the Quarterback...because you need a Quarterback.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 04:26 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I'm shocked there are still people that would prefer to keep Dalton than draft a QB that had the best season in NCAA history. SMH. Some will never learn.

Dont usually get to choose between a generational defender like young and potential franchise QB like Burrow.

Overall QB is the more important position but you can win games with great D and run game too... 

So either is really a viable option..  but from all the talk of burrow   that seems to be the pick or we are fishing for a massive trade deal.

and really this offseason should be butts in seats moves... that means a Sexy pick like QB and some FA additions...
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 04:48 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Trade #1 to Skins, get Haskins, take Young with #2 pick and get 2 other picks (2nd and a 3rd) you get from the Skins...

Haskins was absolutely pitiful this past season and for the majority of the season was probably the worst starting QB in the league. Burrow is head and shoulders above Haskins as a prospect, I'd much rather take Burrow than this package.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 04:48 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Trade #1 to Skins, get Haskins, take Young with #2 pick and get 2 other picks (2nd and a 3rd) you get from the Skins...

OSU homer much?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 04:11 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Take Chase retain Andy and keep AJ and draft offense line and defense line and bring in some good QB's perhaps Marcus Mariota.  I don't think much will change with a rookie qb and if we do not take the proper steps with OL and or Defense.

S. T. O. P.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 04:56 PM)Synric Wrote: Just so you know if you take Chase Young you then have to sit or trade already good players in Sam Hubbard or Carlos Dunlap and further limit the snaps of another good player in Carl Lawson...To keep an average at best QB who you will have to let walk and be in the need a QB boat again next year or have pay way to much money.

It's a not rocket science you take the Quarterback...because you need a Quarterback.

Great points and not debatable until the end. Our biggest need is OL and not a QB.

But, I also think we should take Burrow, while a no brainer to me, I respect others opinions who disagree.

I think you take the QB in this case because the QB has elite talent and maybe HOF type talent. The shelf life of a QB is also longer (injury) so hopefully you get a 12 to 15 year player.

Add in the QB rookie contract is much lower than vet QB's so you get a 4 year cap break at that  position. So in essence too many reasons not to draft Burrow in my humble opinion.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Oh yeah let’s draft a guy who disappeared in big games rather than taking a generational talent...Trash thread
Reply/Quote
NO!!!!
Reply/Quote
Have you seen dalton play lately? He’s clearly lost it. He needs replacing if this team is going to improve next year.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 06:16 PM)Trademark Wrote: Oh yeah let’s draft a guy who disappeared in big games rather than taking a generational talent...Trash thread

He broke a lot of NCAA records. He's not a generational talent. Andrew Luck was less than a decade ago, and they'll be slobbering over Lawrence next year. That's not to mention the guys who have been drafted after the number 1 overall pick recently that are killing it in the league. I'm excited by what he may be too, but I'm not gonna get ahead of myself til he takes 2 or 3 NFL snaps.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'd rather the Bengals get Joe Burrow and use Dalton's money on an elite DL.
A lot of solid options to pick from.
Clowney, Griffin, Quinn, Beasley just to name a few.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote