Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Chase Young Keep Andy
Yeah, all we have do is hit on like 10 players lol

I’d rather just try and get our Mahomes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 02:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, all we have do is hit on like 10 players lol

I’d rather just try and get our Mahomes.

Yea cuz Palmer who’s an identical Prospect to Burrow brought us a ton of playoff wins.... ohh wait. I’m also not suggesting we don’t draft a franchise qb I’m simply suggesting we draft him next year and roll with Andy one more year. Not a huge Andy fan but the guy had the worst offensive line in the league by faaaar. When the guy was protected he was efficient. And this year we rebuild our roster to set up for next year when we bring him in.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 02:40 AM)Mobster Wrote: Great idea! Keep Dalton, load up on picks, draft great, surround him with as much talent as possible, and if everything goes as planned and falls into place just right, best case scenario, they can sneak into the playoffs and get knocked out on wild card weekend! Sweet!

We've done this before, and we know what the ceiling is with a Dalton led team. Just way too hard to win without a playmaker at QB when almost every other team has one. It handicaps you so much and gives you no margin for error. You're fighting an uphill battle you're never going to win with Dalton. 

Niners are about to win the super bowl with a dalton like qb in jimmy g only difference is they built around him like I’m suggesting this team do and also most importantly they protect him. We beat the steelers if dalton don’t break his thumb bottom line. That dalton and team was goooood and dalton had an offensive line and again I’m not saying we don’t draft our franchise qb and I’m also not saying dalton is our future and to sign him to another big contract I’m simply saying keep him for one more year build around him protect him draft this defense over the top with guys like chase young and company and see where this team goes. And then get ur qb next year.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 12:07 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Niners are about to win the super bowl with a dalton like qb in jimmy g only difference is they built around him like I’m suggesting this team do and also most importantly they protect him.  We beat the steelers if dalton don’t break his thumb bottom line.  That dalton and team was goooood and dalton had an offensive line and again I’m not saying we don’t draft our franchise qb and I’m also not saying dalton is our future and to sign him to another big contract I’m simply saying keep him for one more year build around him protect him draft this defense over the top with guys like chase young and company and see where this team goes.  And then get ur qb next year.

So, following your logic, this team will win 5-6 games next year.  That puts us in position to:

1.  Draft the 3rd best QB in the draft
2.  Give up multiple first rounders to move up to draft the QB

The smart way to do it is to take the QB this year.  Then build around him.  A lot of pieces are already in place on offense, just need to fill a couple of holes.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 12:03 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Yea cuz Palmer who’s an identical Prospect to Burrow brought us a ton of playoff wins.... ohh wait.  I’m also not suggesting we don’t draft a franchise qb I’m simply suggesting we draft him next year and roll with Andy one more year. Not a huge Andy fan but the guy had the worst offensive line in the league by faaaar.  When the guy was protected he was efficient.  And this year we rebuild our roster to set up for next year when we bring him in.

You seem to forget the energy that Palmer brought to the Bengals and the level that offense played at.  They were damn near unstoppable.  It's a shame that he got hurt AND that he was playing in the prime of Brady and Manning's careers.  

I'm curious as to what you think the cost of bringing in the next franshise guy next year is going to be.  It's going to cost a lot of draft capital to get him
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 12:07 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Niners are about to win the super bowl with a dalton like qb in jimmy g

Funny way to write the Chefs and Mahomes...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 12:59 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: You seem to forget the energy that Palmer brought to the Bengals and the level that offense played at.  They were damn near unstoppable.  It's a shame that he got hurt AND that he was playing in the prime of Brady and Manning's careers.  

I'm curious as to what you think the cost of bringing in the next franshise guy next year is going to be.  It's going to cost a lot of draft capital to get him

I agree with 100% in regards to Palmer the energy and how damn good we were. That 12-4 season was the start of something great. That injury ruined palmers career and the bengal dynasty that was beginning. I’ll concede that.

I understand that there are more than 1 way to have a team be successful I just really like the way the niners have built that roster up through FA and the draft and I don’t think the bengals are that far off going that route to be a contender in fact I think they are much closer doing that then taking Burrow. Maybe I’m wrong but a guy like chase young would come in and completely change the culture of this defense locker room franchise etc. we are in a nasty division and I feel like ***** cats. We need to toughen up and I feel chase young brings that to the whole 53 just by drafting him. As a die hard 20+ year bengal I just want a ring and however that happens I’m fine I just personally would go the route of chase young and keep dalton. Like Palmer dalton was pretty damn unstoppable and in the mvp race before he busted up his thumb. And dalton is still here if this damn franchise will invest in the RIGHT pieces around dalton like offensive lineman this team is right there. Couple that with bringing Aj back and arguably the best back in the league again I don’t think we are that far off
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 01:35 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: I agree with 100% in regards to Palmer the energy and how damn good we were.  That 12-4 season was the start of something great.  That injury ruined palmers career and the bengal dynasty that was beginning.  I’ll concede that.  

I understand that there are more than 1 way to have a team be successful I just really like the way the niners have built that roster up through FA and the draft and I don’t think the bengals are that far off going that route to be a contender in fact I think they are much closer doing that then taking Burrow.  Maybe I’m wrong but a guy like chase young would come in and completely change the culture of this defense locker room franchise etc.  we are in a nasty division and I feel like ***** cats.  We need to toughen up and I feel chase young brings that to the whole 53 just by drafting him.  As a die hard 20+ year bengal I just want a ring and however that happens I’m fine I just personally would go the route of chase young and keep dalton.  Like Palmer dalton was pretty damn unstoppable and in the mvp race before he busted up his thumb.  And dalton is still here if this damn franchise will invest in the RIGHT pieces around dalton like offensive lineman this team is right there.  Couple that with bringing Aj back and arguably the best back in the league again I don’t think we are that far off

If you can find a team that will be willing to trade you a franchise QB for a 2nd round pick, than have at it.  People tend to forget how sought after Jimmy G was a few years ago.  Belichek didn't want to trade him and he traded him to the 49ers out of spite for the Browns (who had offered much more).  That was the true key to their rebuild.  Getting a young QB for next to nothing.

Keeping Dalton means more of the same - the same approach from the front office.  What makes you think that they would invest in the proper pieces alongside Dalton?  They haven't in the past and they won't in the future.

Once we have Burrow in place, then you can use the draft to build around him as it's much easier to add linemen, WRs, defensive players that it is to add a franchise QB.

I also think you are wrong about Chase Young.  I don't think he would have a dramatic impact on the culture of the defensive locker room when you already have strong leadership in Dunlap and Atkins.  He would make the defense better, but there's no way he could make the impact on the culture of the team more than a true franchise QB>
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 04:11 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Take Chase retain Andy and keep AJ and draft offense line and defense line and bring in some good QB's perhaps Marcus Mariota.  I don't think much will change with a rookie qb and if we do not take the proper steps with OL and or Defense.

The reason i don't like this idea is because you're assuming that all the early round picks for the next couple years are gonna hit. Don't you think the Bengals have been trying to "improve the team" the last several years? How has that worked out?

So you wanna skip over the guy at the most important position, a guy that set numerous records this year and looked the part doing it. You want to draft another guy in that spot who is no more guaranteed to be an impact player than Burrow is, i'm assuming the Bengals get a couple picks from trades, so we want to trust the Bengals organization to build a winner like the 49ers this year...

Too much assuming and "hope" to build a team then draft a QB, when an already "good" team isn't going to allow you to draft high enough to get a really good QB and there's no guarantee someone is going to trade you their good QB and there's no guarantee that a good FA is going to sign here. 

Burrow is sitting right there for the taking. The smart money is to draft him and build around him. Not the other way around. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I think the other MAJOR assumption is that we will be a bad team next year - even if we keep Dalton. Think about all of the bounces that went our way this year to win only 2 games. We very easily could have won 5 games had Dalton stayed the starter and injuries not decimated the O-line. We also very easily could have won several of those 1 score games. This team isn't a 2 win team, it's not a 9 win team either. With Dalton we were always in the abyss between 6-9 wins.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 12:03 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Yea cuz Palmer who’s an identical Prospect to Burrow brought us a ton of playoff wins.... ohh wait. I’m also not suggesting we don’t draft a franchise qb I’m simply suggesting we draft him next year and roll with Andy one more year. Not a huge Andy fan but the guy had the worst offensive line in the league by faaaar. When the guy was protected he was efficient. And this year we rebuild our roster to set up for next year when we bring him in.

Carson Palmer was NOT an identical prospect. Other than both winning the Heisman, what Burrow has done in college blows what Palmer did away. Burrow is more athletic, has a ton of swagger, etc. Palmer was a big armed pure pocket passer. Burrow is much closer to the types of QB’s we’re seeing succeed in the NFL right now.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 06:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Carson Palmer was NOT an identical prospect. Other than both winning the Heisman, what Burrow has done in college blows what Palmer did away. Burrow is more athletic, has a ton of swagger, etc. Palmer was a big armed pure pocket passer. Burrow is much closer to the types of QB’s we’re seeing succeed in the NFL right now.

There's that and the silly idea that they're going to hit on every draft pick and use FA wisely to "set up" the team for a QB next year which means they're going to have to have another 1 or 2 win season. 

Anyone want to go through that again? Bueller? Bueller?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 02:40 AM)Mobster Wrote: Great idea! Keep Dalton, load up on picks, draft great, surround him with as much talent as possible, and if everything goes as planned and falls into place just right, best case scenario, they can sneak into the playoffs and get knocked out on wild card weekend! Sweet!

We've done this before, and we know what the ceiling is with a Dalton led team. Just way too hard to win without a playmaker at QB when almost every other team has one. It handicaps you so much and gives you no margin for error. You're fighting an uphill battle you're never going to win with Dalton. 

Yeah man, nailed it. I was a Dalton supporter but we already know what we have there.

We just need to Draft Burrow and put good players around him and we will be much better off.

I don't even understand any of the line of thinking that we will be better off with Dalton at the helm ONCE AGAIN after what we have seen. I like Dalton, he is a good, nice man, I will always have respect for what he did, but he is not the future, we need a future with a Superbowl worse than about any team in the league. Draft Burrow, add O-line and LB's this team can be good immediately after the late season we saw.
Reply/Quote
Can't get him in uniform soon enough for me. Generational talent at the most important position. Only the Bengals could screw this up. Make those next picks count with OL help.
Reply/Quote