Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Chase Young Keep Andy
No
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 06:46 PM)jason Wrote: He broke a lot of NCAA records. He's not a generational talent. Andrew Luck was less than a decade ago, and they'll be slobbering over Lawrence next year. That's not to mention the guys who have been drafted after the number 1 overall pick recently that are killing it in the league. I'm excited by what he may be too, but I'm not gonna get ahead of myself til he takes 2 or 3 NFL snaps.

Okay,Okay,everyone on here just relax and  take a chill pill,Mr.Joe Burrow will be our pick and its not even a question or a  doubt,we need this guy and if he wants to come here,its going to be awesome.They will get a dominate line for him and here we go.Its going to be a fun season up and coming.Joe will be our pick.Hands down.Now everyone talk about something else. :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy:
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 07:02 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Okay,Okay,everyone on here just relax and  take a chill pill,Mr.Joe Burrow will be our pick and its not even a question or a  doubt,we need this guy and if he wants to come here,its going to be awesome.They will get a dominate line for him and here we go.Its going to be a fun season up and coming.Joe will be our pick.Hands down.Now everyone talk about something else. :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy:

Is he gonna live in Kentucky or Ohio? Is Indiana a dark horse? Will he shop for Cajun and Appalachian foods at Jungle Jim's? I wonder if he likes soccer?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 06:46 PM)jason Wrote: He broke a lot of NCAA records. He's not a generational talent. Andrew Luck was less than a decade ago, and they'll be slobbering over Lawrence next year. That's not to mention the guys who have been drafted after the number 1 overall pick recently that are killing it in the league. I'm excited by what he may be too, but I'm not gonna get ahead of myself til he takes 2 or 3 NFL snaps.

well the book is in on andrew luck the generational talent thing was overblown there.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 04:11 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Take Chase retain Andy and keep AJ and draft offense line and defense line and bring in some good QB's perhaps Marcus Mariota.  I don't think much will change with a rookie qb and if we do not take the proper steps with OL and or Defense.
Hey up until last Monday I was thinking your thoughts.  Having watched Burrow, I say bad thinking on Chase, good thinking on drafting Oline.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 07:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well the book is in on andrew luck the generational talent thing was overblown there.

I dunno... He took a team that drafted him 1st overall to the playoffs as a rookie. He then took them farther each year he made the playoffs before he was beat half to death. He missed what seemed like 3 years before returning in 2018, and taking a team that hadn't sniffed the postseason in his absence right back to the playoffs where they dump trucked Houston. I think he held his own quite well.

If anything, I think he's a cautionary tale about the importance of protecting your big investment. By the time they got a solid line and defense around him, his body (and maybe his spirit) was breaking down.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 08:12 PM)jason Wrote: I dunno... He took a team that drafted him 1st overall to the playoffs as a rookie. He then took them farther each year he made the playoffs before he was beat half to death. He missed what seemed like 3 years before returning in 2018, and taking a team that hadn't sniffed the postseason in his absence right back to the playoffs where they dump trucked Houston. I think he held his own quite well.

If anything, I think he's a cautionary tale about the importance of protecting your big investment. By the time they got a solid line and defense around him, his body (and maybe his spirit) was breaking down.

It's amazing how hardly anybody sees this. I don't have a problem with Burrow . . . I have a problem with where he's going. Let's all cross our fingers and pray he doesn't get 2019 AJ'd his first practice and doesn't see the field again until the next season. Let's also hope that Williams isn't Ogbuehi 2.0.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
It’s not popular but I’m with you keep dalton draft chase young draft best OT available in round 2 and best available OG in three and then get a couple linebackers in both the draft and FA maybe draft Shaq Quarterman and then bring in Littleton and we are looking good going forward imo that’s best scenario.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 07:02 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Okay,Okay,everyone on here just relax and  take a chill pill,Mr.Joe Burrow will be our pick and its not even a question or a  doubt,we need this guy and if he wants to come here,its going to be awesome.They will get a dominate line for him and here we go.Its going to be a fun season up and coming.Joe will be our pick.Hands down.Now everyone talk about something else. :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy:

Why do you use so many emojis?

As to the OP...

[Image: Monty-Python-and-The-Holy-Grail-monty-py...1396635612]

Reply/Quote
Drafting Burrow is a no brainer !

Especially when you factor in the FA's Bengals could add with money saved from Dalton leaving.

If they added 1 elite FA or 2 good FA with money saved it certainly would make drafting easier.

Plus the extra draft pick or two from Dalton trade would not hurt a thing either.

Have always been a Dalton supporter, but it just makes too much sense not to roll the dice on the rookie.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Haha and the OP is no where to be found.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This line of thinking made sense a couple months ago, heck I was the driver on this bus, but it really doesn't anymore. In reality if you miss taking Burrow no one will hold it against you because everyone agrees it's the right move. If you pass on him though and he is the next great QB, when your team desperately needed one, you will just further the narrative of being the Bungles. Chase Young is a great player however the idea a QB can't change the trajectory of a franchise, even a rookie one, isn't true when they are his special. Kyler Murray has already started to help shift the momentum in Arizona and there line didn't get any better from the previous year.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 04:11 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Take Chase retain Andy and keep AJ and draft offense line and defense line and bring in some good QB's perhaps Marcus Mariota.  I don't think much will change with a rookie qb and if we do not take the proper steps with OL and or Defense.

I WAS leaning to Chase... then Burrow had SUPER games vs OKL + Clemson, both  GREAT teams.  Case closed.  When I wanted Young I knew we were well off at DE, Hubbard or young  would have to become LB's .   Burrow , then PROVED he's the guy.     Rd 2-3-4 I want upgrades at LB, O-line.   am unsure we  have RB depth.  U Cinn  has a LB,  Bryan White who can be a bargain.

Recievers are a strength IF we  do better at keeping players healthy.  Cordy Glenn? He did okay at LT, but  at his size ought to play RT.
KEEP  AJ.  He liked being a Bengal, he is a STAR even if  his future is short. I LIKE Andy but.... Reality says we trade him for some value.
The Secondary ain't BAD but, i'd look for a draft sleeper. 

I was out West when Bill Walsh took over the Niners and soon had the start of a DYNASTY.  MANY of the key guys were NOT round 1 picks.
That includes Roger Craig, Eric Wright,Charles Haley, Brent Jones, Keena Turner,, Guy McIntyre, John Taylor, Tom Rathman, Dwight Clark, Bubba Paris, Michael Carter, Lenvill Elliot,Jesse Sapoulo.  Once a Top Dog they also scored FA talent.....Fred Dean, Deion Sanders, Richard Dent, Russ Francis.

After years of suck, the Niners are back. They took a shot on a FA QB. They  drafted studs for the O-Line and D Line.. They found VALUE guys elsewhere and COACHING.  Walsh SAW talent. His coaching staff was LOADED with guys who'd do well as head coaches.

Walsh SAW how Montana and Rice had STAR quality. Others missed that.   That VISION is how a team rises to the top. we NEED Vision.   Mike Brown COULD be a great owner but will NEVER be a great GM.
So? So Burrow is a great opportunity but  to be TOPS in the NFL, details matter.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 11:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why do you use so many emojis?

As to the OP...

[Image: Monty-Python-and-The-Holy-Grail-monty-py...1396635612]

I like Emojis.. but the thing is Burrow has CONVINCED me he's for real.    I seen DECADES  come and go....Burrow has a resume even the great ones never had.  
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 04:26 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I'm shocked there are still people that would prefer to keep Dalton than draft a QB that had the best season in NCAA history. SMH. Some will never learn.

(01-16-2020, 04:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: [Image: D0aSxsTW0AAxHlD.jpg]

What these guys said LMAO!!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote

I think Young's over rated.  
Reply/Quote
Please draft chase young keep Andy copy the niners build up the defense and offensive lines win in the trenches. Protect the qb get after the QB after watching the niners yet again destroy the packers u don’t need a joe Burrow to get it done. I could care less what u squares say on this topic imo the best thing to do is draft young build the oline and run the ball stop the run get after the qb imo we aren’t far away going that route.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 11:56 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Please draft chase young keep Andy copy the niners build up the defense and offensive lines win in the trenches.  Protect the qb get after the QB after watching the niners yet again destroy the packers u don’t need a joe Burrow to get it done.  I could care less what u squares say on this topic imo the best thing to do is draft young build the oline and run the ball stop the run get after the qb imo we aren’t far away going that route.

Lol mean suck for multiple years so you can draft several top ten linemen? Yea no thanks.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 12:09 AM)Synric Wrote: Lol mean suck for multiple years so you can draft several top ten linemen? Yea no thanks.

lol smh U can go with mike brown too. U aren’t worth the time already. But ur wrong and narrow minded. Ohh and we’ve already sucked for multiple years remember
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 11:12 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: It’s not popular but I’m with you keep dalton draft chase young draft best OT available in round 2 and best available OG in three and then get a couple linebackers in both the draft and FA maybe draft Shaq Quarterman and then bring in Littleton and we are looking good going forward imo that’s best scenario.

Great idea! Keep Dalton, load up on picks, draft great, surround him with as much talent as possible, and if everything goes as planned and falls into place just right, best case scenario, they can sneak into the playoffs and get knocked out on wild card weekend! Sweet!

We've done this before, and we know what the ceiling is with a Dalton led team. Just way too hard to win without a playmaker at QB when almost every other team has one. It handicaps you so much and gives you no margin for error. You're fighting an uphill battle you're never going to win with Dalton. 
Reply/Quote