Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase Young facing indefinite suspension
Potential #1 overall selection Chase Young of Ohio State is currently facing an indefinite suspension due to an unannounced NCAA violation. For the time being, this is something to keep an eye on as it develops since many of us would be ecstatic with a Chase Young addition. The rumors floating around on other message boards is that he accepted money from an agent.

https://lettermenrow.com/ohio-state-football/chase-young-facing-suspension-expected-to-miss-maryland-game/
Reply/Quote
0 impact on his draft stock, still the best player in college football.
Reply/Quote
Since there hasn't been a mention of Criminal Charges I'm guessing it's a failed drug test.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 11:59 AM)Synric Wrote: Since there hasn't been a mention of Criminal Charges I'm guessing it's a failed drug test.

Took money, or other impermissible benefits, from an agent is the belief. Failed drug tests don't get announced in college normally because of HIPAA laws, they just say they are suspended from the team, and it's usually done quietly.

Update: Here is his full statement 

[Image: EI3AGD2WoAgseQK.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 12:08 PM)Au165 Wrote: Took money, or other impermissible benefits, from an agent is the belief. Failed drug tests don't get announced in college normally because of HIPAA laws, they just say they are suspended from the team, and it's usually done quietly.

Update: Here is his full statement 

[Image: EI3AGD2WoAgseQK.jpg]

Yea this is a non factor on his draft status. When teams ask he will just say he was trying to survive.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
A non factor. So they can't get paid and can't get loans either....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 01:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: A non factor. So they can't get paid and can't get loans either....

Can’t get paid YET! A couple of years from now this won’t even be on anyone’s radar. Unfortunately he was born a couple years too soon
Reply/Quote
This will have zero impact on draft status. He is the Best player in college football, hands down. I think Thomas is a special OT as well. The top two QB have a chance to be special. Those are my top 4 but Young is top of board.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Chase Young could not play the rest of the year and he'd still go Top 5.
He's had such an incredible season just 8 games in after already having a good season last year.
It would be interesting if he decided to skip the playoffs/bowl season for the sake of avoiding injury.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 02:32 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This will have zero impact on draft status.  He is the Best player in college football, hands down.  I think Thomas is a special OT as well.  The top two QB have a chance to be special.  Those are my top 4 but Young is top of board.

My thought as well. It wouldn't shock me to see Young, Thomas, Tagovailoa, Herbert, and Burrow all go Top 5.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It may work out for him to sit. Little chance of injury. Most commenters believe he is the number one pick and this shouldn't raise any character issues.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 03:07 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: It may work out for him to sit. Little chance of injury. Most commenters believe he is the number one pick and this shouldn't raise any character issues.

I thought everyone said we were drafting a QB though
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 02:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Chase Young could not play the rest of the year and he'd still go Top 5.
He's had such an incredible season just 8 games in after already having a good season last year.
It would be interesting if he decided to skip the playoffs/bowl season for the sake of avoiding injury.

would he be eligible for return for the playoffs?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 04:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: would he be eligible for return for the playoffs?

Sounds like it's going to be just a game or two, but until it's 100% confirmed, we won't know for sure.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 04:28 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I thought everyone said we were drafting a QB though

You don't have to pick first to draft a QB, If we had the #1 pick and someone tried to move up to get the consensus best player. Even the team with the #2 pick would want to trade to prevent other teams from jumping over them. With as many holes as the Bengals have trading down makes sense. But there you go, WE ARE THE BENGALS. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 04:28 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I thought everyone said we were drafting a QB though

I'm in the camp that wants to not draft a QB this year and work to build a better team then draft a QB into a better position in a year or two. To me it all comes down to can Finley show enough upside that he can be a stop gap with potential to be the guy. If he doesn't show that they will go QB, but if he has potential they can punt a year or two. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 05:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'm in the camp that wants to not draft a QB this year and work to build a better team then draft a QB into a better position in a year or two. To me it all comes down to can Finley show enough upside that he can be a stop gap with potential to be the guy. If he doesn't show that they will go QB, but if he has potential they can punt a year or two. 

I agree  Id rather build the trenches and  some key skill spots then if Finlay isn't the answer.. .Sign a stop gap Vet. for 2-3 years.....   then draft the rookie and let him learn a bit and then take over with the vet as his backup for a year or 2.

by then most of the OL should be set and the defense retooled.   

But QB's put butts in seats. (which we have largely been lacking in as well...)
Reply/Quote
I wonder how he was able to repay the loan? Extra shifts at McDonalds?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 11:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wonder how he was able to repay the loan? Extra shifts at McDonalds?

Another loan.

Reply/Quote
Young may face 4-game suspension. Maybe if appeal is accepted, he will miss two games.

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote