Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase Young out of the Draft
(01-06-2020, 11:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well looks like Bonnie was correct. Mellow

Don't get me started again on that travesty. I finally got myself calmed down and don't need to get worked up over it again.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
OSU fans are another breed of weird... I don't know if it's the bandwagon nature or the fact that they puff themselves up to death.

I have a friend who played Div. I Softball in the States (graduated 2 years ago), but just became an OSU fan last year or whatever.

She started posting IG stories about, "because we have 3 guys in the running for the Heisman, we're definitely gonna win it!" After I (VERY) calmly responded back to her that Burrow's year was beyond phenomenal and it was very unlikely he wouldn't win the Heisman, she responded, "he's a senior, the others are juniors; give it to the kids! They did just as well or better than Burrow."

Mellow

While I didn't write it (I replied, "we'll see how it goes)," I immediately wondered how delusional someone can be lol.

BTW, with switching to a 4-3, the Redskins would be beyond idiots to not take Young. BEYOND.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 10:32 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: OSU fans are another breed of weird... I don't know if it's the bandwagon nature or the fact that they puff themselves up to death.

I have a friend who played Div. I Softball in the States (graduated 2 years ago), but just became an OSU fan last year or whatever.

She started posting IG stories about, "because we have 3 guys in the running for the Heisman, we're definitely gonna win it!" After I (VERY) calmly responded back to her that Burrow's year was beyond phenomenal and it was very unlikely he wouldn't win the Heisman, she responded, "he's a senior, the others are juniors; give it to the kids! They did just as well or better than Burrow."

Mellow

While I didn't write it (I replied, "we'll see how it goes)," I immediately wondered how delusional someone can be lol.

BTW, with switching to a 4-3, the Redskins would be beyond idiots to not take Young. BEYOND.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that Ohio St is head and shoulders the best college football program in the state of Ohio, so people have gravitated to that.
They will watch every OSU game and see OSU dominate those opponents and think that this team is absolutely the best.
And they are right...to an extent. They are the best when compared to the competition they played against.
EDIT - I see fanbases of SEC, BIG 12, and ACC acting the same. PAC12 used to act that way back when USC had Pete Carroll and Oregon had Chip Kelly, but not really like that in recent years.

What I also know is that not many (keyword = many) OSU fans are watching the other top teams to compare.

I personally got tired of how much people gravitated toward OSU when there were other programs closer to them or the actual schools they went to (UC, BGSU, Miami, OU). So I deliberately avoided rooting for OSU and intentionally tried to look at College Football as objectively as I could by watching the top programs from the other Power 5 conferences to compare. I cared more about watching two ranked teams play each other than I cared about following a particular team.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 10:32 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: OSU fans are another breed of weird... I don't know if it's the bandwagon nature or the fact that they puff themselves up to death.

Mellow

Yep

I saw a mock draft yesterday, forget which one ? It said words to the effect of " if the Bengals don't take Burrow #1 they should be put in the XFL, no trading, no BS, take Borrow !"
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 02:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think it has a lot to do with the fact that Ohio St is head and shoulders the best college football program in the state of Ohio, so people have gravitated to that.
They will watch every OSU game and see OSU dominate those opponents and think that this team is absolutely the best.
And they are right...to an extent. They are the best when compared to the competition they played against.
EDIT - I see fanbases of SEC, BIG 12, and ACC acting the same. PAC12 used to act that way back when USC had Pete Carroll and Oregon had Chip Kelly, but not really like that in recent years.

What I also know is that not many (keyword = many) OSU fans are watching the other top teams to compare.

I personally got tired of how much people gravitated toward OSU when there were other programs closer to them or the actual schools they went to (UC, BGSU, Miami, OU). So I deliberately avoided rooting for OSU and intentionally tried to look at College Football as objectively as I could by watching the top programs from the other Power 5 conferences to compare. I cared more about watching two ranked teams play each other than I cared about following a particular team.

Part of the issue is I've seen OSU fans create downright toxic work environments for fans/alumni of other colleges.  They basically get bullied onto the bandwagon because they don't want trouble at work.  
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 11:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: Part of the issue is I've seen OSU fans create downright toxic work environments for fans/alumni of other colleges.  They basically get bullied onto the bandwagon because they don't want trouble at work.  

In those cases, I find it's due to a big misconception over what a state college means.
Ohio State University doesn't represent the entire state.
It's simply a state-managed public university.

Often times I'd hear, "Why don't you root for Ohio State? You live in Ohio!"
Well, Karen...why don't you root for Miami, UC, Xavier, BGSU, OU, and Dayton? They are in Ohio too.

In fact, if any university should represent the state of Ohio, it should be Ohio University, which was the first university founded in the state in 1804. Miami University is second-oldest in 1809 followed by UC in 1819.
Ohio State University isn't even one of the 25 oldest universities in the state. It wasn't founded until 1870. 

Sorry, I'll step down from my soapbox now lol.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Personally, I’ve always found the whole THE Ohio State bs annoying.

The only time I ever rooted for them was when my best friend’s cousin was playing up there. Other than that I root for UC. They’re Cincinnati’s team, and I have no love for Columbus.

Reply/Quote