Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase Young out of the Draft
(12-20-2019, 09:04 PM)cinci4life Wrote: As AU165 alluded, when most of your schedule is cupcakes/FCS teams the numbers can make a teams defense look far better than it is but also how not good they are when they lose to one of those cupcakes like Georgia did.

How does the South Carolina loss show Georgia's defense isn't good?  The SC offense scored 10 points in regulation.  They got a 53 yard pick 6 and kicked a FG in 2OT.  That loss was 100% on the Georgia offense.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 08:20 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Tell me why not? Osu has a better offense and much much much better defense

They have played lower ranked teams than LSU.  Alabama was #3 when LSU beat them.  Georgia was #4 when LSU beat them.  The highest ranked team OSU played was #8.  Both teams played 8 unranked teams.  OSU hasn't seen anything like LSU this season.  
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 08:53 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: They have played lower ranked teams than LSU.  Alabama was #3 when LSU beat them.  Georgia was #4 when LSU beat them.  The highest ranked team OSU played was #8.  Both teams played 8 unranked teams.  OSU hasn't seen anything like LSU this season.  

And yet tOSU has a higher SOS. Hmmmmmm.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 02:48 PM)cinci4life Wrote: And yet tOSU has a higher SOS. Hmmmmmm.

Pretty much proves strength of schedule is BS
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 03:14 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Pretty much proves strength of schedule is BS

Your problem is your only looking at ranked opponents and not the rest of the schedules. Both teams played 5 ranked opponents however LSU's other 8 games were against all cupcakes. Ohio State's other 8 games had 6 cupcakes and 2 against teams having really good seasons. Cincinnati who is currently ranked and Indiana who is having one of their best years in a long time(8-4). Overall Ohio State does have the tougher schedule.
Reply/Quote

Not true. 

LSU was ranked 13th in Strength of Schedule OSU was ranked 15th. LSU was 1st in Strength of Record and Game Control and OSU was ranked 2nd in both. LSU was ranked 3rd in Football Power Index and OSU was ranked 1st

These are the reasons why LSU finished ranked 1st and OSU 2nd.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/playoffPicture
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 03:36 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Your problem is your only looking at ranked opponents and not the rest of the schedules. Both teams played 5 ranked opponents however LSU's other 8 games were against all cupcakes. Ohio State's other 8 games had 6 cupcakes and 2 against teams having really good seasons. Cincinnati who is currently ranked and Indiana who is having one of their best years in a long time(8-4). Overall Ohio State does have the tougher schedule.

I don't have a problem. I think you are desperately looking for reasons your team is going to win.  It's not.    I also overlooked LSU and thought Alabama, who I was rooting for, would steamroll them.  They did not.  I've kept an eye on LSU since then.  Now I know that nobody is beating LSU this year, and certainly not Ohio State.  Ohio State will be lucky if they get past Clemson and they certainly won't beat LSU.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 04:00 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I don't have a problem. I think you are desperately looking for reasons your team is going to win.  It's not.    I also overlooked LSU and thought Alabama, who I was rooting for, would steamroll them.  They did not.  I've kept an eye on LSU since then.  Now I know that nobody is beating LSU this year, and certainly not Ohio State.  Ohio State will be lucky if they get past Clemson and they certainly won't beat LSU.

Hilarious LMAO Hilarious LMAO Hilarious LMAO
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 03:36 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Your problem is your only looking at ranked opponents and not the rest of the schedules. Both teams played 5 ranked opponents however LSU's other 8 games were against all cupcakes. Ohio State's other 8 games had 6 cupcakes and 2 against teams having really good seasons. Cincinnati who is currently ranked and Indiana who is having one of their best years in a long time(8-4). Overall Ohio State does have the tougher schedule.

You’re fooling yourself if you don’t think LSU would destroy UC just as badly as OSU did. And I say that as UC fan.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 05:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re fooling yourself if you don’t think LSU would destroy UC just as badly as OSU did. And I say that as UC fan.

Where did I say that or even imply that? 
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 08:53 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: They have played lower ranked teams than LSU.  Alabama was #3 when LSU beat them.  Georgia was #4 when LSU beat them.  The highest ranked team OSU played was #8.  Both teams played 8 unranked teams.  OSU hasn't seen anything like LSU this season.  

The same could be said for LSU. LSU hasn’t faced anyone like osu. We’re the most dominant and complete team in cfb. Oh yeah we also have more top 25 wins, we double LSU in scoring differential vs ranked opponent(12.5 to 25) and a higher opponents sor.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 06:44 AM)Jpoore Wrote: The same could be said for LSU. LSU hasn’t faced anyone like osu. We’re the most dominant and complete team in cfb. Oh yeah we also have more top 25 wins,  we double LSU in scoring differential vs ranked opponent(12.5 to 25) and a higher opponents sor.

While OSU has faced more top 25 teams LSU has faced better teams on the year because they are are ranked 1st in Strength of Record. Point differential means nothing... LSU is ranked 1st in Game Control which means they did a better job controlling games from beginning to end.

Honestly though none of that matters because OSU Clemson and LSU all have a very good chance of winning the National Championship. None of these teams are pushovers.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 10:19 AM)Synric Wrote: While OSU has faced more top 25 teams LSU has faced better teams on the year because they are are ranked 1st in Strength of Record. Point differential means nothing... LSU is ranked 1st in Game Control which means they did a better job controlling games from beginning to end.

Honestly though none of that matters because OSU Clemson and LSU all have a very good chance of winning the National Championship. None of these teams are pushovers.

I think those 3 are all very good teams any one of them could win it. If they played the CFP 10 times they'd probably all take turns winning it. The only team to me with a bit of a disadvantage is Clemson. They've faced basically zero adversity all season ! How are they gonna react if they get punched in the mouth hard ?

I don't think Oklahoma has any chance at beating two of these 3.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 11:26 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I think those 3 are all very good teams any one of them could win it. If they played the CFP 10 times they'd probably all take turns winning it. The only team to me with a bit of a disadvantage is Clemson. They've faced basically zero adversity all season ! How are they gonna react if they get punched in the mouth hard ?

I don't think Oklahoma has any chance at beating two of these 3.

I'm actually pulling for Oklahoma because i like Jalen Hurts.  However, they will not beat LSU.  
Reply/Quote
Like I said...

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 03:15 PM)Au165 Wrote: Like I said...

Yea I've been waiting on it. Jeff Okudah declared a couple days ago Shuan Wade is next. Alex Leatherwood just said he's returning to Alabama and Tua Tagovailoa said he will make his decision on the 6th.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 03:19 PM)Synric Wrote: Yea I've been waiting on it. Jeff Okudah declared a couple days ago Shuan Wade is next. Alex Leatherwood just said he's returning to Alabama and Tua Tagovailoa said he will make his decision on the 6th.

Leatherwood going back tells me his grade back from the college advisory board was late 1st early 2nd and he thinks he can be top half next year. This class is so much better than last year it.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 04:38 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Hilarious LMAO Hilarious LMAO Hilarious LMAO

Well looks like Bonnie was correct. Mellow
Reply/Quote