Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase Young's 5th-Year Option DECLINED
The Commanders have DECLINED to pick up the option on Chase Young, which will essentially make him a FA after this season.
Young had a promising rookie season but hasn't been able to stay on the field the past two years.

Pretty big news for the former 2nd overall pick in the 2020 draft.

https://www.nfl.com/news/commanders-declining-de-chase-young-s-fifth-year-option
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Remember when there was some division over weather the team should draft Burrow or Young? Not quite to the level of the division over Chase/Sewell, but still enough to cause some heated debate.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 03:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Remember when there was some division over weather the team should draft Burrow or Young?  Not quite to the level of the division over Chase/Sewell, but still enough to cause some heated debate.

maybe a trading opportunity for shipping Jonah?
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 03:58 PM)kalibengal Wrote: maybe a trading opportunity for shipping Jonah?

They don't need Jonah.
Charles Leno better LT.
Unless they wanted to try him at RT, but you'd think Jonah would prefer to play RT for Bengals over Commanders.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Wonder what it would take to get him. Maybe he could stay healthier as a rotational guy to both our DEs. We would get great pass rushing depth, he would get the chance to rebuild his value before FA. If it goes well enough, maybe he could be Hendrickson's successor. (Gotta start thinking about that a little bit now, Hendrickson is heading into his age 29 season.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Commanders will have a desicion. Young has the talent but Montez Sweat has been steadily great in Washington. He doesn't rack up the sack numbers but he is very Carlos Dunlap like.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I'd imagine someone will pick Young up. Like ocho posted, it's rare to see the 2nd pick in a draft essentially get cut. A team will give him an opportunity for his potential.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 03:58 PM)kalibengal Wrote: maybe a trading opportunity for shipping Jonah?

Yeah but if he sucks…then i don’t want him. His rookie year he got 7 sacks. That’s not world beating but he has t come close since
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Goes to show that every team has only so much patience with oft injured players. I think the GM/Coach is thinking they have enough other talent on the DL to make up for the loss of him. I'm not sure how much picking up a 5th year option would cost, but I guess it's in the $20 million range which is a lot of coin for someone you don't have much faith in.

Just watch Chase Young stay healthy in his contract year...would make for a fun FA battle to follow next year.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2023, 09:43 AM)Bengal Roar Wrote: Goes to show that every team has only so much patience with oft injured players. I think the GM/Coach is thinking they have enough other talent on the DL to make up for the loss of him. I'm not sure how much picking up a 5th year option would cost, but I guess it's in the $20 million range which is a lot of coin for someone you don't have much faith in.

Just watch Chase Young stay healthy in his contract year...would make for a fun FA battle to follow next year.

Maybe, you have to think that his injury history is going to greatly diminish the amount of guaranteed money that teams are willing to put out in his situation.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote