Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Chase about to send shockwaves thru NFL from the Slot.
(05-26-2024, 03:25 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Nice thing about this flexibility is as he gets closer to 30 and loses a half step he can dominate from the slot. Chad and AJ weren't as built for it

Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:It is nice to just have the options we have honestly. We still can use Chase on the outside to get mismatches as well.

Spot on, but Chase is a tough mutha, I think he will be fine in the Slot more as he knows how to avoid hits.

Chad, AJ and Tee were/are pure outside WR's.
Chad Johnson is one of the toughest and had the best feet of any WRs I've ever seen. He was definitely built to play slot if we had asked.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 09:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Chad Johnson is one of the toughest and had the best feet of any WRs I've ever seen. He was definitely built to play slot if we had asked.

True, Chad didn't look it but that guy could take a hit going over the middle, we all remember the Ray Lewis hit.

Chad was extremely tough.

My only critique of Chad's game was he wasn't the clutchest of WR's, Housh was that for us most of the time back in the day.

That is what I love about Ja'Marr and actually Tee who I have been giving a lot of crap, both are very clutch when needed most.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 09:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Chad Johnson is one of the toughest and had the best feet of any WRs I've ever seen. He was definitely built to play slot if we had asked.

Not so sure. It requires a lot of reads and mid route adjustments. He likes to free lance and couldn't adapt in NE. Chase has the mental part and strength/thickness to be the best slot the NFL has ever seen
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2024, 02:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, Chad didn't look it but that guy could take a hit going over the middle, we all remember the Ray Lewis hit.

Chad was extremely tough.

My only critique of Chad's game was he wasn't the clutchest of WR's, Housh was that for us most of the time back in the day.

That is what I love about Ja'Marr and actually Tee who I have been giving a lot of crap, both are very clutch when needed most.

Tbf to Chad he only got two cracks at it to come up clutch in the playoffs. The first game he had Jon Kitna as his QB,, and the second he had to deal with one of the greatest shutdown CB’s of all time in his prime.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2024, 03:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tbf to Chad he only got two cracks at it to come up clutch in the playoffs. The first game he had Jon Kitna as his QB,, and the second he had to deal with one of the greatest shutdown CB’s of all time in his prime.

That is true as well. 
Reply/Quote