Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chase and Hendrickson
The Bengals second and third best players (arguably I guess) finally showed up tonight and it made a difference. They are going to have to continue to play well because the best player on the team is not his normal self. Hopefully they can continue making plays, JB gets healthier and Tee remembers how to catch. Tonight won’t work vs teams like SF and KC but I am happy with the W - (especially living out here in So Cal).
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 12:45 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: The Bengals second and third best players (arguably I guess) finally showed up tonight and it made a difference. They are going to have to continue to play well because the best player on the team is not his normal self.  Hopefully they can continue making plays, JB gets healthier and Tee remembers how to catch. Tonight won’t work vs teams like SF and KC but I am happy with the W - (especially living out here in So Cal).

We knew Chase was going to be fine. He’ll be top 2 or top 3 WR for the next 10+ years. No idea if Burrow ever gets healed this season playing every week though. 
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 12:45 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: The Bengals second and third best players (arguably I guess) finally showed up tonight and it made a difference. They are going to have to continue to play well because the best player on the team is not his normal self.  Hopefully they can continue making plays, JB gets healthier and Tee remembers how to catch. Tonight won’t work vs teams like SF and KC but I am happy with the W - (especially living out here in So Cal).

Hey, this is what has to happen when things aren't peachy.

The other dudes have to show up. Great job by Ja'Marr, Trey, Logan and Dax tonight. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Trey toook over a gave at defensive end

I almost forgot how fun those are to WATCH
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Logan Wilson has been a 3 week thing. He is the best player on the Bengals roster right now.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 12:54 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey, this is what has to happen when things aren't peachy.

The other dudes have to show up. Great job by Ja'Marr, Trey, Logan and Dax tonight. Rock On

Agreed on those four...and Tyler Boyd was clutch a couple times. Oline wasn't a complete liability tonight either. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Logan Wilson played awesome too. 2 clutch INTS.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
It was a good eam win.

T didn't show up.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Dax Hill showed up as well

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 06:58 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Dax Hill showed up as well

I was getting ready to say, Dax Hill just DESTROYED Stafford on that safety blitz.... Stafford was hearing footsteps for the rest of the night.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 08:59 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I was getting ready to say, Dax Hill just DESTROYED Stafford on that safety blitz.... Stafford was hearing footsteps for the rest of the night.

Dax also played great coverage in the endzone on that 1st drive he mirrored Stafford's eyes.  He also had that great tackle for loss.  He is playing fast.

Reply/Quote
The tipped balls that Wilson intercepted were just as important as the interceptions themselves. Hilton had one, I think Pratt had the other maybe?

I think last nights game for the defense was a testement to how good Lamar is. The defense actually got home on him quite a bit last game and had WIDE OPEN shots at him, but he would make a move and just make the pressure miss. It was maddening.

Not so much with fat Matt tonight...

I'm glad we are done with these mobile/athletic QBs for a few weeks.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
And I loved Reader's 1st drive sack. Rams with 1st and goal on the 3-yard line and scoring a TD looked inevitable. (In fact, it looked like they had scored, until overturned by video review.) Then the sack and everything changed. He also had a tackle for loss and clogged up the middle.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 06:58 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Dax Hill showed up as well

Hill had some great splash plays, but also lost a receiver with less than 2 minutes to go in the game. I love his upside and he is learning on the job. I think he only gets better.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 11:01 AM)Nepa Wrote: And I loved Reader's 1st drive sack. Rams with 1st and goal on the 3-yard line and scoring a TD looked inevitable. (In fact, it looked like they had scored, until overturned by video review.) Then the sack and everything changed. He also had a tackle for loss and clogged up the middle.

Need to extend Reader man, love this guy.

(09-26-2023, 02:47 PM)pally Wrote:

10 pressures? Whoa. Shocked
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 04:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Need to extend Reader man, love this guy.

10 pressures? Whoa. Shocked

Man, it was like he was shot out of a cannon the entire 4th quarter. He was good all night, but once they had to throw, he was eating their lunch.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 03:39 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: It was a good eam win.

T didn't show up.

Ha! I see what you did there. Nicely done. T just let the defender get in his head last night. He needs to stay focused. He’s been the only bright spot on offense other than ( can’t believe I’m saying this) Mixon. So I’ll give Tee a pass this week.
Reply/Quote
Not to diminish what Hendrickson did because he was in beast mode last night and I applaud him.

But the starting LT did not return after halftime and the 2nd string player took over for Rams. Was on my way home from the store at halftime when I believe Lapham pointed this out on radio saying Hendrickson was about to feast against this back-up.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 06:13 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Not to diminish what Hendrickson did because he was in beast mode last night and I applaud him.

But the starting LT did not return after halftime and the 2nd string player took over for Rams. Was on my way home from the store at halftime when I believe Lapham pointed this out on radio saying Hendrickson was about to feast against this back-up.

That was also noted on the ESPN broadcast. It was pointed out that a backup LT had no chance against Hendrickson.
Reply/Quote