Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deasean Hamilton
Just released by Denver. Solid wr 4-5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We have chase Boyd Higgins Tate Thomas and Morgan. I don’t see stressing over replacing maybe our 5th or 6th receiver lol. WE NEED A VETERAN LINEBAcker!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Any WR we look to bring in should be an ACE Special teamer at this point
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 04:57 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: We have chase Boyd Higgins Tate Thomas and Morgan. I don’t see stressing over replacing maybe our 5th or 6th receiver lol. WE NEED A VETERAN LINEBAcker!!!!!!!!!

I’m aware of the wr corps, thanks. I’m not the one stressing or writing in all caps. My post would in no way preclude the bengals from signing Hamilton and a lb. Hamilton would be a cheap depth signing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 04:57 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: We have chase Boyd Higgins Tate Thomas and Morgan.   I don’t see stressing over replacing maybe our 5th or 6th receiver lol.  WE NEED A VETERAN LINEBAcker!!!!!!!!!

Thomas and Morgan are easily replaceable.
Tate is a limited guy who is at best a WR3.
Someone like Hamilton or Dede Westbrook can easily take the spot of one of Thomas, and/or Morgan, possibly Tate.

But I do agree that a vet LB could help, as I don't personally trust that this crop of LBs is going to magically blossom this year after 1-2 years of playing relatively poorly.
Wilson is about the only guy I have hope for.
I liked the Pratt selection back in 2019, but I thought he'd be better at this point.
Don't care for ADG.
I'd maybe like to see Bailey get more opportunities, but I could also see him just being another Jordan Evans.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Turns out he hasn't been waived yet and Broncos still trying to trade him.

https://www.nfl.com/news/broncos-waiving-wr-daesean-hamilton-after-not-finding-a-trade-partner
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Good thing we didn't go after him because he tore his ACL this morning.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2021/05/daesean-hamilton-tears-acl-broncos-were-negotiating-trade
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 06:54 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Good thing we didn't go after him because he tore his ACL this morning.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2021/05/daesean-hamilton-tears-acl-broncos-were-negotiating-trade

Is that not the second offseason acl tear for Denver?
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 08:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Thomas and Morgan are easily replaceable.
Tate is a limited guy who is at best a WR3.
Someone like Hamilton or Dede Westbrook can easily take the spot of one of Thomas, and/or Morgan, possibly Tate.

But I do agree that a vet LB could help, as I don't personally trust that this crop of LBs is going to magically blossom this year after 1-2 years of playing relatively poorly.
Wilson is about the only guy I have hope for.
I liked the Pratt selection back in 2019, but I thought he'd be better at this point.
Don't care for ADG.
I'd maybe like to see Bailey get more opportunities, but I could also see him just being another Jordan Evans.

Im not throwing n towel just yet on ADG. I saw some moments where he looked good in coverage and as a blitzer. That said I agee 100% that we still need a VET LB presence in the LB room . per my previous Post on KJ Wright.   
Reply/Quote
We still have a lot of holes, but other than RG, LB, or CB2, the starters seem OK and it more of a depth problem.

Though we will have to see. A lot of our starters have not played a down in stripes yet (Chase, Reiff, Carman, Waynes, Awuzie, Hilton, Hendrickson, Ogunjobi) and some others had severe injuries last year or came in late & missed camp (Burrow, Reader, Uzomah, Hopkins, XSF/Spain). That's 13 of 22. Plus Higgins & L. Wilson were rookies.

A lot of the depth guys are also rookies/2nd year guys or in their 1st year here, or were out last year (Ossai, C. Sample, Shelvin, Evans, ADG, Bailey, Apple, Tupou, Wren, R. Allen, etc).

Point being, in a lot of areas, we are not sure what we have & what we need yet. Some guys will do better than expected, some worse. Hopefully, as camp goes along, we will get a better idea.

But we still have cap space and other teams will cut guys for cap reasons. Bank on it. We need to pounce on a couple. Our WR #4-#6 are replacement level, special team level guys.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 07:30 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Is that not the second offseason acl tear for Denver?

Indeed it is and both guys who did it actually did it off site so the Broncos can get off the hook for all the money they owe them. 

Was a story on ESPN about the tackle they cut Ja'Wuan James filing a grievance. They cut him loose with a NFI designation so he gets nothing from his base salary.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31449350/jawuan-james-considering-grievance-recoup-potential-lost-2021-salary-source-says/

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 04:47 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Indeed it is and both guys who did it actually did it off site so the Broncos can get off the hook for all the money they owe them. 

Was a story on ESPN about the tackle they cut Ja'Wuan James filing a grievance. They cut him loose with a NFI designation so he gets nothing from his base salary.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31449350/jawuan-james-considering-grievance-recoup-potential-lost-2021-salary-source-says/

The CBA is very clear, get injured outside the confines of your facility, you will not be paid. Players know it, yet they risk it. It is my understanding teams don't get a vote either, they are not allowed to pay them if they are injured off site so NFI.

Stupid for union to tell players to not work out at facilities, I would be very upset with the union (not the team) for suggesting they break the rules purposely.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote