Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Chase broke another Bengals record

He continues to back up the “I’m going to break every record they got” remark.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Best draft pick since some guy named Joe.
Reply/Quote
...and tbh it didn't even feel like a huge game for him. That's the crazy part.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Forget the rookie record.

Bengals postseason record 130 yds by Marvin Jones against the Chargers.

Chase can break that easily. I have a feeling he is going to get a lot of targets here in the postseason. Higgins does not look 100% healthy.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 04:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Forget the rookie record.

Chase can break that easily.  I have a feeling he is going to get a lot of targets here in the postseason.  Higgins does not look 100% healthy.

NFL rookie record for receiving yards in a playoff game..... 160 by D.K. Metcalf (1-5-20)

NFL record for receiving yards in a playoff game................ 240 by Eric Moulds (BUF) (1-2-99)
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 04:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
He continues to back up the “I’m going to break every record they got” remark.

I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled for that 200 yard game in the playoffs. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 04:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ...and tbh it didn't even feel like a huge game for him. That's the crazy part.

I had the same feeling. I remember when the announcers mentioned Chase had over 100 yards receiving. It didn't really register to me. Just seems like a normal thing for him and he's only a rookie.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 04:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Forget the rookie record.

Chase can break that easily.  I have a feeling he is going to get a lot of targets here in the postseason.  Higgins does not look 100% healthy.

Agree and hoping Tee looks more up to speed health wise this week. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 04:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ...and tbh it didn't even feel like a huge game for him. That's the crazy part.

That fourth down play where Burrow gave the impression that he was going to sneak it but pitched it to Chase on a sweep.  I heard someone said he would have been the #1 RB at LSU, but wanted to play receiver.  Guy just has incredible skills all the way around.  
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 08:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That fourth down play where Burrow gave the impression that he was going to sneak it but pitched it to Chase on a sweep.  I heard someone said he would have been the #1 RB at LSU, but wanted to play receiver.  Guy just has incredible skills all the way around.  

People forget he was a running back in high school.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 08:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That fourth down play where Burrow gave the impression that he was going to sneak it but pitched it to Chase on a sweep.  I heard someone said he would have been the #1 RB at LSU, but wanted to play receiver.  Guy just has incredible skills all the way around.  

That's one of the things I love about him. He's a RB after the catch.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 09:35 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's one of the things I love about him. He's a RB after the catch.

He's amazing and you see the RB-like vision for the field as he surveys the defense, cuts them up, and then turns on the speed for a big play. The play against KC, the one Nicomo has a pic of in his signature, exemplifies his many talents.
Reply/Quote
Another record to keep an eye on:

The rookie with the most receiving yards in the same post season are Torry Holt in 1999 and Charlie Brown in 1982.

The record is 242 yards.

Holt did it in 3 games and Brown did it in 4 games.

Another record that he could break:

The record for most receiving yards in a playoff game by a rookie is 146 yards. Set by Jeremy Maclin in 2009.

So Chase could break both records against Tennessee on Saturday :)
Reply/Quote
Of course he did. I'm not surprised by anything with Chase and Burrow anymore. They're going down as the best combo in Bengals history when it's all said and done.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 10:39 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Another record to keep an eye on:

The rookie with the most receiving yards in the same post season are Torry Holt in 1999 and Charlie Brown in 1982.

The record is 242 yards.

Holt did it in 3 games and Brown did it in 4 games.

Another record that he could break:

The record for most receiving yards in a playoff game by a rookie is 146 yards. Set by Jeremy Maclin in 2009.

So Chase could break both records against Tennessee on Saturday :)

Funny, I didn't know he had it in him to hold a record.

[Image: charlie-brown-fail.gif]
Reply/Quote
Eric Moulds, there’s a name. Go get em, 1.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 04:56 PM)M.W. Wrote: Best draft pick since some guy named Joe.

Mixon?
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:22 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Mixon?

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote