Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Chase or St. Brown extension on deck...
Word is there will be a new highest paid receiver in the league before the draft. The receiver plays for one of the "big cat" teams. It's gotta be either Chase or St. Browns for the Lions...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Gotta think it's Amon-Ra. Not as much "noise" around their payroll and other factors. He's also a fourth-round pick and both sides have more urgency to get it done. I guess we'll see.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 11:34 PM)tms Wrote: Gotta think it's Amon-Ra. Not as much "noise" around their payroll and other factors. He's also a fourth-round pick and both sides have more urgency to get it done. I guess we'll see.

They could just franchise him… like tee Higgins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 11:20 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Word is there will be a new highest paid receiver in the league before the draft. The receiver plays for one of the "big cat" teams. It's gotta be either Chase or St. Browns for the Lions...

Where are you seeing this?
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 11:34 PM)tms Wrote: Gotta think it's Amon-Ra. Not as much "noise" around their payroll and other factors. He's also a fourth-round pick and both sides have more urgency to get it done. I guess we'll see.

I just thought too the draft is in Detroit this year. They are going to want to steal the show announcing his extension right before. 
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 11:38 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I just thought too the draft is in Detroit this year. They are going to want to steal the show announcing his extension right before. 

That's a good point. They'll wanna make a splash. 
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 11:35 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: They could just franchise him… like tee Higgins.

Yeah that's true. I guess they don't use it as much as we do. In fact, I just checked. We've used it 10x in history (since 1993), they're at 5. We've used it four of the past five years and they haven't used it at all haha

The only teams that have used it more than we have are KC and Dallas (both at 11). League average is 6.78. League mode is 7. We're tied with Baltimore, Jacksonville and Seattle at 10. Three of Seattle's were Walter Jones haha (2002-2004). Poor guy. Worse than Le'Veon Bell. The Steelers aren't even that bad when you look at the full picture. They've only used the tag three other times. 
Reply/Quote
Has to be St. Brown. I believe Chase and his camp are very serious about waiting to see what Jefferson gets.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Still interested in seeing this source
Reply/Quote
Tee plays for a big cat team and wants a new contract too right? 6 year 150 million for Tee and he can claim highest paid since it would be the biggest total value and that would put him at 25 million per year which would be tied with Devonte Smith and AJ Brown for 4th most. And he would be a free agent again at 31 years old hopefully with HoF credentials.
He is already on the books for the franchise tag number 21.8 million this year. Use some of what we have left and pay him even more this year to reduce cost later.

Had to stir the pot...

The thought Detroit could be doing it to get the spotlight when the draft is in their town makes sense. Amon could possibly be a hold out candidate without a new contract. But wow I thought it would be awhile before anyone beat one of the Raiders giant crazy contracts.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 12:34 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Still interested in seeing this source

I know people. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 09:28 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I know people. 

I talked to Dionte Johnson's agent this morning... He's disappointed you didn't mention him in this thread.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Why do your sources speak in riddles?
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 01:17 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Tee plays for a big cat team and wants a new contract too right? 6 year 150 million for Tee and he can claim highest paid since it would be the biggest total value and that would put him at 25 million per year which would be tied with Devonte Smith and AJ Brown for 4th most. And he would be a free agent again at 31 years old hopefully with HoF credentials.
He is already on the books for the franchise tag number 21.8 million this year. Use some of what we have left and pay him even more this year to reduce cost later.

Had to stir the pot...

The thought Detroit could be doing it to get the spotlight when the draft is in their town makes sense. Amon could possibly be a hold out candidate without a new contract. But wow I thought it would be awhile before anyone beat one of the Raiders giant crazy contracts.

If tee is traded to the panthers, who make him highest paid, that could work in this riddle as well.
Reply/Quote

Yeah well my broker is EF Hutton, and he says…
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 09:40 AM)CJD Wrote: Why do your sources speak in riddles?

It's an oracle.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 11:20 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Word is there will be a new highest paid receiver in the league before the draft. The receiver plays for one of the "big cat" teams. It's gotta be either Chase or St. Browns for the Lions...

It is interesting your source has a concept but lacks a name. It is also interesting you jumped to Chase or St. Brown and bypassed Higgins.

Me thinks your source and you are hoping for Chase versus Higgins. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

It's hard to wrap my head around this. If your source is connected to the Bengals, then we would know it were a Bengals player. If your source was connected to the Lions, we would know it's a Lion's player. If your source was a a media person, then why wouldn't they release this? If your source was an agent, then who does he represent?

It's not just your source speaks in riddles, you don't give enough information about your source (team, media, agent, etc.)  to make heads or tails of the rumor. 
Reply/Quote
Per Ian Rappaport:

Sources: The #Lions have a deal for one of the top young talents, agreeing on an extension for WR Amon-Ra St. Brown. He gets 4 years and more than $120M with $77M guaranteed.

Weezy knows people
Reply/Quote
I stand corrected Weezy. I have to admit, I thought you were slinging BS.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote